It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will False Flag Terror Discredit Protests?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Will False Flag Terror Discredit Protests?

i have seen a lot of people use alleged disorganization to discredit the protests, but the above op/ed considers what could happen if this occupy movement starts to spiral too far out of TPTB's control.

the scary parts are the tactics used by law enforcement referenced as being used in earlier protests.

if the movement continues to grow then are we to expect a false flag type event to take the focus away from the protesters' issues?

rupert murdoch's ire here seems to indicate, at least, that the extremely powerful are not liking the protests. how long will they just lie back and let the upheaval surge before they feel they need to do something drastic to get us back in line?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
hmm, it really depends, if people are hard pressed for change they will see through it in an instant, because coincidentally a false flag happens same week as mass uprising, people will find out soon enough.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I'd add something to consider along these very same lines. While watching the live feed for the Denver raid this morning as it was happening, I'd noticed the local media reporting a bomb threat having been called in for the park. The OWS people in chat rooms immediately put it to False Flag and another chat I was in said it was the Anarchists who were trying to provoke police and OWS - Denver said weren't their people.

So what occurred to me...What is to stop some disgruntled resident or business owner who neighbors a OWS site, or just some clown sitting at home who'd think it'll be funny to watch the result of a similar bomb threat or worse? There is a live feed for the joker to watch the results of his warped sense of humor, if it was intended that way. It's worse if it's done to deliberately instigate serious confrontation between Law Enforcement and OWS over an issue that doesn't even exist.

Just something to watch for, after seeing it actually start to happen in Denver. Atlanta also had a Bomb Squad unit sighted the other night when police were staging around that OWS site. Big events make big targets, I'm thinking.

It wouldn't have to be a False Flag to have tragic results if cops over-reacted or got stupid about it.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
So far these protests have done a bang up job of getting Fast & Furious hearings light and the Selindra solar pay off, off obama.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
i agree that the solyndra deal and the F&F fiasco need to be brought to light extensively, but that doesn't change the fact that people are generally unhappy with the way our gov't has operated and so what should they do in that instance?

when people who complain the occupy protesters don't have focus i always wonder what exactly they want to hear. what is the focus of the protesters in greece? or egypt?

it seems many of the protesters want corporate influence out of gov't. they are united on that. also the practices of the federal reserve seem to be unilaterally opposed. this country existed without a corrupt federal reserve before so the protesters' gripe gets my support in this case.

so once more and more people realize what the protesters are saying, and some of them start to also support the message, it does seem like a false flag event could be a very real distraction, at the very least.

i think it'd be smart to look for any indicators that a flase flag could be on the horizon, like an alleged iranian plot for terror inside US borders.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
OK so Murdoch is getting uptight, he probably has a number of things to get up tight about. But ultimately it will probably fall to sheer numbers of the irritated against the tiny number of irritators. I also wonder just how false flag operations will have the distraction effect today, with many of the public so aware of their purposes as its obvious that there are certainly people about who will have any atrocity carried out in order to get their own way and protect their interests.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The one thing that usually discredits protests are the protesters themselves. You get a large group of people to show up somewhere. But half of them don't even know exactly what the protest is for. So they stand around, chatting and eating food. Maybe taking some photos to post on facebook.

Then you have the extremist-type protester who doesn't really care what the protest is about. They just see it as a good excuse to go vent some frustration and most likely get arrested. So they do a little vandalism, attack a cop or some other illegal activity. It doesn't help any cause.

new topics

top topics

join