It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disaster dreams you don't believe but ruin your day anyway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I am really confused. I have had things like dreams and visions that painted tragedy here or there, that date or another, and I usually see it as something curious- like wouldn't that be wierd if it turned out to really happen? -Without my emotions getting involved at all, because I guess I just don't believe it. Couldn't if I tried.

But a dream I had a while ago, concerning a big earthquake or eruption happening (and causing a tsunami) seems to be "getting to me" and I find it very troubling! In my dream I saw on a map where it happened- in the middle fo the meditteranean, between Mallorca and Sardinia. It caused a big tsunami which hit the coast of France.
As usual, I've mostly been thinking hm, that would be interesting if it really happened!

A week ago my husband surprised me with the news that we are going scuba diving Sunday, off the coast of Marseille. I am excited and happy! We will be spending Saturday night at a luxurious hotel in a nearby beautiful village, and it will be a romantic getaway for us.

But this whole week I have had a building anxiety happening and I can't figure out what was causing it. I mean, like really bad, I am not okay. Yet my life is almost fairytale perfect right now! I have no problems, no worries, all is very good. So I am observing my inner reactions for clues to what is weighing so heavily on me.

I noticed that I feel it grow when I consider the diving trip...... and I realize that that stupid dream is probably the source of my anxiety! I don't feel safe on that coast any more! I went to the beach two weeks ago and didn't feel any discomfort or anxiety at all. But for soem reason I do now.

I don't believe in the Elenin approach stuff either, I do not believe Elenin exists anymore. But heck, I am realizing that the subconscious just doesn't seem to put a whole lot of stock in what I believe or what I don't, and reacts to the images it has in memory anyway. That is a rather troublesome thing to realize- I am just not totally 100% in charge of how my body reacts to the ideas I am exposed to.

-Unless, of course, you guys hear about an earthquake in the Mediterranean this weekend that causes a big tsunami that hits the coast of South France.....then I guess I'll be that poster that foresaw it and is now dead.

I feel silly, and embarrassed. I am usually a more rational type. Maybe it's hormones or something.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma

I don't believe in the Elenin approach stuff either, I do not believe Elenin exists anymore ...

... Maybe it's hormones or something.

When you say 'anymore', are you inferring that you USE TO believe in the Elenin Nibiru doomsday?
If you have a habit, or history of adopting a belief in doomsday scenarios and other such fear mongering that inevitably gets worked up on the internet, then, you could very well be a victim of your own imagination and subconscious worries, all for nothing.

You'll be fine.
Nothing horrible will happen, and you'll have a fantastic holiday.

If your concern is overwhelming enough, then, take action to make preparations by getting a hotel room several floors above ground level, keeping a close eye on the ocean horizon for swell, planning clear avenues of retreat to safety, and maintaining a little bit of empowered awareness such that your holiday isn't spoiled.

If something does happen, then you have a plan. Don't panic. Get your video camera out and record the event.
From a conspiracy perspective, look around the sky to see if anyone, or anything else is also recording the event from the safety of the air, and record that too.

All in all though, you'll be fine. Nothing will happen, and you'll have a wonderful holiday.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

Originally posted by Bluesma

I don't believe in the Elenin approach stuff either, I do not believe Elenin exists anymore ...

... Maybe it's hormones or something.

When you say 'anymore', are you inferring that you USE TO believe in the Elenin Nibiru doomsday?
If you have a habit, or history of adopting a belief in doomsday scenarios and other such fear mongering that inevitably gets worked up on the internet, then, you could very well be a victim of your own imagination and subconscious worries, all for nothing.

I believe that the comet Elenin existed, and has now broken up. I do not believe in a planet (or whatever the myth says it is) called Nibiru. I never believed Elenin posed any threat to earth in any way.
In trying to find what kinds of ideas I could have been exposed to that could be effecting my mood subconsciously, I realized that even if I don't read them, I see the titles of all kinds of things as I am scrolling, and this was supposed to be an important date for people who believed Elenin would be a source of trouble.

But no, i don't have the habit of believing such myths, (though I can be open to considering possibilities of more realistic threats, like economic collapse in the future). I also will not make any changes or decisions based upon this irrational feeling. That is just giving in to it!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Mind you I know nothing.

But it sounds to me you have a few things going on here. 1) Too much time spent on ATS and like sites. Like anything else we should use this in moderation, all of us. 2)Stress, but good stress due to the recent surprise of spending time in a "fairy tale" setting. This type of stress is called eustress, its like the butterflies in the stomach dealio (yeap that right "dealio" meaning deal, but with eh-oo at the end to add ghettoness and levity .
). Anticipation creates stress. Try not to build up "fairy tale" to the point that you cannot reach the top floor! Instead be like water:

"Water takes form of its enviroment. Put water in a cup, the water becoms the cup. Put water into a tea pot, it becomes the tea pot." -Bruce Lee

And remember this ALWAYS. Whatever scary dream that you can possibly imagine has been imagined and in all likely hood has happened before. You are never alone. If the world ends tomorrow, it ends tmrw and WE all go down. If elenin shows up to the party, what are you really going to be able to do. Attempting to exert too much control over your enviroment will make you vain and very fragile when we all know that we truly have control over so little, our body and our mindour mind.

Nothing is exactly as you want it to be, everything is exactly how you need it to be.

Peaaaacccceeee amiga

.www.azlyrics.com...

Funny enough I was listening to this song when I wrote this, but didn't realize the relevance until I looked up lyrics which I posted above the video. Its 11 min, but don't bug out, take a qucik 10 to yourself and just listen to it... hear it

But as I first said what do I know?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Thanks for the supportive words. I was alone last night and had no one to talk to, and perhaps this isn't the best place for it..... I probably shouldn't have posted.

It is possible that my anxiety stems exactly from not having any troubles! Really, for the last few months, everything has been going so well- for me, for my children..... I've been in a state of constant gratitude all the time!
And maybe it is exactly when things are seem perfect that you start to get afraid of that changing?
Because change is always happening, nothing lasts forever, and the more great it is, the more possible it looks that the next changes might be the total opposite- awful.

My mentioning the rumors of Elenin-caused disasters was sort of a superificial look at what kinds of nonsense just might be affecting me subconsciously from coming to this site. But it might be deeper.

I'm never worried about the world coming to an end, but I am aware that natural disasters are always happening, somewhere. That doesn't usually cause fear feelings in me. Intellectually I am not afraid of death, though I am aware that all the normal survival driven hormones will flood me if I am actually faced with a situation that seems to threaten my life. I just don't usually fill my head with images of things that are not happening right now- I feel cheated by my subconscious doing that in my dreams.

Perhaps it is because of the dream I had a few days before the earthquake in Japan, which I didn't take as anything having to do with real life, and then it happened. It made me start to consider the possibility of dreams predicting future sometimes..... planted a seed of doubt, which is growing still.

Oh well, we're leaving today. If the whole weekend passes without a hitch, it will be interesting to see if I still feel this anxiety eating me at afterwards! That would indicate I have something else going on besides a reaction to my dream. It actually might be the fear of losing what I've got in a general way.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

edit on 15-10-2011 by futuredude because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2011 by futuredude because: (no reason given)

top topics

join