It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will you do on 11-11-11??? If Skyrim is delayed?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I keep seeing posts asking "what will you do on 11-11-11?". For me, and others, we will be hopefully stomping around Skyrim.
I highly doubt the likelihood of this happening, but anything is possible.
Bethesda should come through, but what if it's delayed?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Keep Playing BF3

skyrimjob

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Bethesda usually never has any release date issues, not like Bungie or Blizzard lol. but since I pre-ordered Skyrim a hope it's not delayed.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

With the pushbacks on Mass Effect 3 and the new Wheel of Time book since they were announced, you'd better not have just jinxed my Skyrim, owlbear...

The demo video looks fantastic, looking forward to seeing how the updates affect things compared to playing through the earlier games. Oblivion was generally lovely, but I just didn't get into it as much...need to get back to finishing my latest playthrough of Morrowind before this one comes out...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Keep playing Minecraft.

Really hope it's not delayed though!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I'll be visiting the graves of my brothers who made the ultimate sacrifice. I'll then spend a few ours at the VFW and American Legion. After that, I'll go home, relax and spend time with my wife.

I may play some Civilization on the Xbox, but nothing more than that.
I'm "old skool". HA!
edit on 14-10-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

I doubt I jinxed it. It may be full of bugs but I'm pretty sure it will be in stores.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
I'll be visiting the graves of my brothers who made the ultimate sacrifice. I'll then spend a few ours at the VFW and American Legion. After that, I'll go home, relax and spend time with my wife.

I may play some Civilization on the Xbox, but nothing more than that.
I'm "old skool". HA!
edit on 14-10-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: (no reason given)

I'll be taking the time to honor those who served as well! I'm glad you brought that up. It gets lost in all the hype lately. My old man served in the Navy as well. Nam vet.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Keep playin Dark Souls and BF3......
I'm not going to be able to play it anyways until my GF is finished with it.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

Cry...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Not worry too much because I have never played an Elder Scroll's game before so I don't really know what I will be missing.

I hope this is a good first trek into the land of ES.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Honestly, you will enjoy the series more if you play the games in backwards order

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by _Delysid

I don't intend to play any off the previous games.
This will be my first Elder Scroll's adventure.

I'm only interested because I loved Fallout 3.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

My first elder scrolls game was Oblivion on the 360. It was in anticipation of Fallout 3 for which I got my 360. Blown away by what these guys do. I just turn on a game and just....wander until something catches my interest. It's amazing what they have done imo.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It wont be delayed, I hope.

I'm so worried that this game is not gonna live up to the potential of oblivion, the world is much smaller.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by shamdaddy

That can be a good thing, smaller world= more attention to detail. (Hopefully).

Now i've heard people trashing FO3 for it's world and how it was unrealistic, but I loved how some people had set up home on a broken bridge or an abandoned, decaying aircraft carrier.

It was completely underpopulated but the detail was perfect.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Chances are I won't play that game for months yet...
My problem is I recently bought & have been playing a buggy as hell fallout new vegas on 360 after a month of failed morrowind mega modding attempts on a 10yr old pc & despite never getting to play the morrowind I wanted to I did learn just how awesome super high res texture were and how incredibly lame most textures in the 360 new vegas looked. I mean I know i'm late to the party but I didn't expect 360 to look so crusty with so many games...its still an awesome bit of kit though...

So I want skyrim, oblivion and fallout 3, but will probably wait till i can afford a new pc for any of that...and truth be told I'd rather play a massively modded morrowind as long as it has the combat mods, 2011 graphics & sound mods & as many quest mods as possible....awesome game best mods on the planet...nerding out now...gleebin...

Peace,
-TF
edit on 18-10-2011 by ThoughtForms because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThoughtForms

So I want skyrim, oblivion and fallout 3, but will probably wait till i can afford a new pc for any of that...and truth be told I'd rather play a massively modded morrowind as long as it has the combat mods, 2011 graphics & sound mods & as many quest mods as possible....awesome game best mods on the planet...nerding out now...gleebin...

Peace,
-TF
edit on 18-10-2011 by ThoughtForms because: (no reason given)

Yeah my nephews play FO3 and Oblivion on the xbox and the gfx look weak comapred to the pc. Plus I dont know how much i'd like it w/o my keyboard.
edit on 18-10-2011 by shamdaddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles

That can be a good thing, smaller world= more attention to detail. (Hopefully).

But that was the thing with oblivion, if you didn't fast travel all over the place you had this sense of being in this huge world where anything could happen. Same thing with FO3 but on a lesser scale.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

being a joystick noob & a fps keyboard aficionado I hated it. But then I discovered I could reduce the sensitivity by about half for my clunky thumbs & its more like the N64 joysticks playing mario kart....actually usable...

the 360 is a community kind of thing, its fun to have for multiplayer and xbox live has about 80 quality game demos to download free which helps in saving money when it comes time to buy....would still recommend them.. just that its hard to go back once you've seen high end pc graphics

Peace,
-TF

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join