It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi Mr. Pot! I am a Kettle!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Proof, once more....

It's going to take something Divine, people are blind, they cannot connect the dots. Watch, after the brief update on this weekend's schedule.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
So people still arnt aware that if they are posting a video on this site they are meant to give a brief summary of the video?

this is what causes people to get really pissy about posts!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Drug references?
Racism? (calling the kettle .....)

This might get 404'd
edit on 14/10/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister
So people still arnt aware that if they are posting a video on this site they are meant to give a brief summary of the video?

Gonzo,

Originally posted by GonzoSinister

Gonzo,
Oops, I am new, haven't posted many videos or threads. I can share, last week in
reference to Romney, a Baptist Minister asked how can Mormons be Christian? First
of all I can share, they are not, from what I know, Mormons do not believe in the Trinity.

The Baptist Minister gave three other reasons.

1. How can Mormons be Christian if they came on the scene 1800 years after Christ?

2. They have their own book, in addition to authentic Scripture.

3. Mormons have their own doctrines.

Reeeeaaaallly.......

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I'm pretty sure Mormons do believe in God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost/Spirit.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

Yes they believe in The Father, Son, and The Holy Spirit, if they didn't I would be worried... However they believe that they are three completly seperate people... The Holy Trinity (which they are reffering to) on the other hand is The Father, Son, and The Holy Spirit as three distinct people in one person! Yup Three different people in one person.
boggles my mind, but hey we arn't supposed to understand everything

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Racey

Whoa, those crazy Mormons actually believe that 3 individual entities with 3 individual names and 3 individual roles are..... let me get this straight.... 3 individuals and not 1????

BLASPHEMY!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Mormons are not considered Christian by any other Christian denomination.

Their beliefs seem similar due to similar words being used. When you examine the meanings that they apply to their words, you realize they are speaking of something entirely different.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Yeah, I'm aware that other Christians do not consider Mormons Christians.

I am aware that Mormons consider themselves Christians.

I'm not a religious person of any denomination. That being said, I do know that Mormons believe in Christ, as well as the Holy Bible, both old and new testaments. To me, that kind of sounds like the very definition of a Christian.

BTW, I have no idea if I am participating in the derailing of this thread, as I didn't bother to click the OP's link. I guess I am just as lazy as the OP who failed to clarify WTF this post was about lol. So if I am, I apologize OP.

edit on 14-10-2011 by Lighterside because: typoh c orrection

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Dear colbe,

Thanks for the video, that was one of Voris' better ones.

If I understood it correctly, he took Pastor Jeffres' (spelling?) comments about Mormonism and showed that his reasons for declaring Mormonism un-Christian could be also applied to any Protestant denomination.

Pastor Jeffres is demonstrating the danger of worrying excessively about the mote in others' eyes when we have a plank in our own.

Voris also makes a pretty fair argument for the historicity of the Catholic Church.

I liked the video, but I think some of the posters are right, it really did need a better presentaion. Its up to you, (and I'm really not the best example) but I try to let people know the subject of the video or link, the bare outline of the argument in a sentence or two, and what I think of it.

Anyway, thanks again. I'm glad you found ATS.

With respect,
charles1952

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I shall remember to introduce the subject next time I post a video. Sorry to all.

The Baptist preacher was objecting to Mormonism giving 3 reasons. 3 reasons, he as a Protestant professes, lives by himself!

It's crazy, they are heresies but Protestantism is easier.

Mormons do not believe in a basic of Christianity, There is one God in three divine persons. A mystery for our minds but true.

"There is one God consisting of three distinct and equal divine Persons--Father, Son and Holy Spirit--because on numerous occasions God has described Himself thus. The Old Testament gives intimations that there are more than one Person in God. In Genesis 1:26, God says, ``Let us make man to our image and likeness.'' In Isaias 9:6-7, God the Father revealed the imminent coming into the world of God the Son. In Psalms 2:7, we read, ``The Lord hath said to me: Thou art my son, this day have I begotten thee.'' And in the New Testament, God reveals this doctrine even more clearly. For example, at the baptism of Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit appeared in the form of a dove, and the voice of God the Father was heard: ``This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.'' (Matt. 3:16-17). In Matthew 28:19, God the Son commanded the Apostles to baptize ``in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.'' And in 1 Cor. 12:4-6, the Bible refers to God with three names: Spirit, Lord, and God-- corresponding to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit."

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Racey

Yes they believe in The Father, Son, and The Holy Spirit, if they didn't I would be worried... However they believe that they are three completly seperate people... The Holy Trinity (which they are reffering to) on the other hand is The Father, Son, and The Holy Spirit as three distinct people in one person! Yup Three different people in one person.
boggles my mind, but hey we arn't supposed to understand everything

Let me boggle your mind some more: In Revelation we see the mention of the SEVEN spirits of God. Sooooooo, one Father + one Son + seven Spirts = nine members of the Godhead. Hows that grab ya?

new topics

top topics

join