It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Toronto Oct 15 ,Occupy CanadaWide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Well as everyone now knows the news that the "Occupy Protest Movements" is now coming to Canada and of course Toronto, here are some Toronto news articles and with comment sections some Canadians are ill-informed about the occupy movement protests here are the articles.

Occupy Toronto tells cops how to behave

Number of supporters of Occupy Toronto growing

The Occupy Protest Toronto will be bigger because there's huge poverty problems in our city Bay street markets our own wall street the BNN News Networks wont like the Movement nor will the Canadian version of Fox News SunTV like the Occupy Protest Movements.

SunTV the Conservative Canadian Version of Fox News here in Canada already attacked the protests calling them hippies,liberals and anti capitalist and one of the SunTV Host he will be there on the hunt for the anti capitalists and hippies surely he will be making fun of them

As for myself i am still thinking whatever or not i should and flim the protests and talk to them hopefully i wont bump into SunTV
well it all depends how the protests are going to be and how will they go.

In other Canadian cities the same protest groups are getting ready this should be an intereting month and year.

I did enjoy how the BNN host one of the news programs was on the morning show before breakfast stated on CP24 "Why Protest capitalism, Just Why protest capitalism? is there anything better then capitalism?" thats what the host said, well like i said i may go to the protests but it all depends.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Ill be in Toronto the 17th and 18th to see cavalera conspiracy. Perhaps ill stop by if its still going on by then. Only problem is that Canadians are a little lazy when it comes to protest. ATS members who plan on going should get together . Would be good times.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Oct 15th here for Nova Scotia too!
#solidarity with everyone, everywhere.
The movement is growing, and hopefully there is a non-violent outcome for everyone. Toronto doesn't need another g20 on its hands. And i say, if there are police infiltrators, they need to be removed from the crowd instantly, if noticed. Thankyou

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
What about Montreal ???
we always are the first one to riot

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

they are prepping for protests in a few cities in New Brunswick. i live in Fredericton and they are planning something this weekend (what the hell are you going to occupy on a weekend? A grocery store?) and I'm NOT liking what I'm seeing.

They've marked the sidewalks up with chalk posting their problems and slogans, which is great, i noticed a ton of people actually stopping to read this stuff.

What I didn't like, and what has me worried, is the piles of rocks I've seen people placing all over the city. They haven't even actually announced a protest, or what it's for, but have already set into motion the vandalism of the down town city core.

Listen, a lot of people support this movement and it's attempts to gain control over the banking industry and start making corporations and the "elites" pay their fare share, plenty of people are on board for this. UNTIL you stupidly start smashing out windows of businesses that did nothing to you. What your violent actions will produce, instead of the change you want, is a violent crackdown by the police. It's inevitable, there is no reason to already have rocks piled up around town to smash windows with, this gets you no where.

and in fact, is the reason I will NOT be attending these protests, i'm not stupid, I'm not losing my job or going to jail, or risking bodily injury, so these stupid soiled kids can have a riot.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
There's not going to be a riot.
We're not that stupid, and i will bring this to attention in my own local group as we are in communication with other occupiers in canada. The point is not to riot, the people who riot will be arrested. We have taken an oath of peace have we not? Anyone acting against that should be seen as not part of the movement. There are people who will try to come in and ruin it for everyone. It happened at the g20, and it will happen again. There are people out there that just want to stir the pot, and the occupiers will have to deal with those types of people before the police have to.

And how do you know those rocks are even tied to the occupy in your area? I -will- be attending, because i believe in peace and love and a system that doesnt screw us constantly. I dream of a future with free energy, and food production to feed the planet, and homes for people to live in, happiness and joy. People say its impossible, but its more than possible when you really think about it. Dont worry about rioters, you wont have any. Just attend, talk to people and have a good time. That is the point

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
What about Montreal ???
we always are the first one to riot

www.facebook.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
i'm currently residing in London Ontario, and am trying to find a ride to toronto, if anyone on here can help, pls msg me
thanks

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ValisInUnderland
i'm currently residing in London Ontario, and am trying to find a ride to toronto, if anyone on here can help, pls msg me
thanks

check out the Occupy Toronto facebook page, they should have a carpooling section on the discussion boards
They can help you out.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I'm sure it will be a peaceful demonstration. Torontonians have historically been extremely well behaved when assembled in large public gatherings.

I was part of a massive group of hundreds of thousands of people partying in the downtown streets of T.O. in 1992 and 1993 when the Blue Jays won back to back World Series Championships (
), and there weren't any notable incidents whatsoever.

The only instance I can recall in which protesters ever resorted to violence and looting in our beautiful city is during the G20 summit a couple of years ago, and those despicable individuals were all foreigners.
edit on 13-10-2011 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Humanity4Ever
I'm sure it will be a peaceful demonstration. Torontonians have historically been extremely well behaved when assembled in large public gatherings.

I was part of a massive group of hundreds of thousands of people partying in the downtown streets of T.O. in 1992 and 1993 when the Blue Jays won back to back World Series Championships (
), and there weren't any notable incidents whatsoever.

The only instance I can recall in which protesters ever resorted to violence and looting in our beautiful city is during the G20 summit a couple of years ago, and those despicable individuals were all foreigners.
edit on 13-10-2011 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

And all police infilitators. You can find some youtube vids about it, there was an old guy SCREAMING at them, because they were decked out almost like urban combat, with rocks and stuff. Anyone behind the occupy movement will be peaceful, otherwise, they should be shamed by occupiers into leaving "SHAME SHAME SHAME" is a good example.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

am and have been thanks, i have a tentative ride,

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ValisInUnderland
reply to post by AzureSky

am and have been thanks, i have a tentative ride,

Good on ya
, i work 2 minutes away from where mine is being held, so i can go on break from work and stuff too!!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
That's wonderful my Canadian brothers and sisters. It's very important if not VITAL that this movements spreads across national borders and into the world. This will play a crucial part in keeping the occupy movement from being hijacked by any party or candidate (they can't make it completely a democratic thing if it spreads worldwide). We stand in solidarity together

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
i know ther is an Occupy in boston but any word of wesren MA or Northern ct LOL

ready and willing to go and ask for ???? not shur but wanna supourt the occupy movment of peace!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

And all police infilitators. You can find some youtube vids about it, there was an old guy SCREAMING at them, because they were decked out almost like urban combat, with rocks and stuff. Anyone behind the occupy movement will be peaceful, otherwise, they should be shamed by occupiers into leaving "SHAME SHAME SHAME" is a good example.

You mean this one, AzureSky? The infiltrators were later identified by their police boots.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
what stance (if any) should peaceful protesters take against those who are covered up and causing chaos. If these really are police, why not attempt to expose their identity? I guess what is in question is whether any force is justifiable from our end, since I would guess if these are cops they would resist at all costs, or be protected by their own guys.

vid of g20 provocateurs

Im not sure whether I am really looking forward to the protest, it is not fun to protest, but I know we as humans are not only capable, but for the most part desire a more balanced, virtuous life for ourselves and our brothers and sisters. There are powers in place that make that life impossible without abandoning the current idea of society. Those powers need to be put out. So I will bring what I can to the movement.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
Ill be in Toronto the 17th and 18th to see cavalera conspiracy. Perhaps ill stop by if its still going on by then. Only problem is that Canadians are a little lazy when it comes to protest. ATS members who plan on going should get together . Would be good times.

I agree very lazy my family is a bit minded closet on the protests, i feel like i am the only person who wants to go and see them proetst and capture them on camera.

My family calls them crazy and why are they protesting about?
yet we here have a neocon prime minster, i dont blame my family though for not knowing the protests or what they are about.
edit on 14-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Occupy Toronto

It has not been set up yet, but i can wait to see what its like, i wish i couldve joined them.

It is live now.
edit on 15-10-2011 by Anishnaabe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

So you going or what. I'm in Toronto now. Concert tonight then checking out the protest tomorrow with the wife.

new topics

top topics

join