It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Lakeland Florida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I know Lakeland Florida is a little city compared to others where this movement is currently being held, but I think It is just as important. The movement is now reaching smaller towns and cities and more grass roots people. I live here in Lakeland and am really happy that we are going to have protest here. Here is a news article from our local paper.Occupy LakelandIf you want to see the Facebook page go to FB and search Occupy Lakeland and you will see the page that a couple people started and it is gaining support. The meeting will be at 11am at Lake Morton in Down Town Lakeland....I'm going to attend since I havent been able to attend a bigger rally. Hope everyone stays safe and keeps their cool.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I decided to drive by the occupy Sarasota event on the 6th after I got of work, at about 6:15pm. BUT THERE WAS NO ONE THERE! Just as I figured, people "occupying" Had been doing it like a 8-5 job. Hello?? Doesnt occupy mean that you are claiming a space? How the hell do the OWS people expect to be heard and taken seriously unless they FOLLOW THROUGH with something as simple as the name of your movement and camp your ass on that sidewalk until you change the world, or die!?! Through arrests and setbacks and deaths you must stay dedicated and united!

But to add to that I would like to say that I believe this is an isolated incident and that major cities are doing it with their hearts and minds for real because they are much more destitute than we may know.

Also, this bull sh*t pride about how OWS has no true leaders must end. Can you not see this is the propaganda that helps keep you divided? You must find your leaders and unite them, unless you'd rather have George Soros buy them.

edit on 10/12/2011 by Deafseeingeyedog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deafseeingeyedog
Also, this bull sh*t pride about how OWS has no true leaders must end. Can you not see this is the propaganda that helps keep you divided? You must find your leaders and unite them, unless you'd rather have George Soros buy them.

edit on 10/12/2011 by Deafseeingeyedog because: (no reason given)

Hate to break it to you but Soros has been behind the OWS groups from the beginning.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2

Hate to break it to you but Soros has been behind the OWS groups from the beginning.

Then let's trade in that piece of sh*t product since it doesnt work like it's advertised and get some people with gumption and fortitude being the voice of the people instead.

top topics

join