It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German officials admit using spyware on citizens, as Big Brother scandal grows

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This isn't really that hard to get your head around, a government (the German one in this case) have allegedly been using a Trojan horse program to "secretly spy on citizens' Internet travels, e-mail, chat and more."

On Saturday, as reported on MSNBC.com, the German-based Chaos Computer Club announced it had examined a Trojan horse program allegedly spread by government officials to secretly spy on citizens' Internet travels, e-mail, chat and more. The software, originally intended only to help officials intercept Internet phone calls through legal wiretaps, went far beyond those permissible purposes, the hacker group alleged. The group called the government's use of the software outrageous and demanded it be destroyed immediately.

You would have thought the German government would have known better considering their 'colourful' recent past. Although as the old saying goes, "You can't teach and old dog new tricks"

German officials admit using spyware on citizens, as Big Brother scandal grows
edit on 12/10/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
You would have thought the German government would have known better considering their 'colourful' recent past. Although as the old saying goes, "You can't teach and old dog new tricks"

Considering that the UK has apparently been using '1984' as a civic manual, I'm not sure if you're in a position to throw stones.

Say 'Cheese' for the camera, eh?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Clearly the Government officials in countries that are bringing this all into play have no issue with they themselves being spied upon, because it is inevitable that they will indeed one day not be government, and they to will be on candid camera. Just like Chemtrails. If there is such a thing and I do have my doubts, and if they are poisoning the air, then the perpetrators themselves also breathe the poison.
In Germany, the leaders must know there are no rules when the rules are usurped including the rules for themselves. Same for UK. I am sure the cameras take video of even the most elite of elite movements. And they truly don't care either way? This is crazy. There are far less rulers than those who are ruled. They are a minority and a much greater target of their own devices.
DH

Edit: And o yea, our own police have video in their cars which take video of them as well. They don't mind their video but hate ours. Even so it doesn't stop many of them for even a second abusing their power. they do it anyway completely oblivious to the repercussions.
edit on 12-10-2011 by DavidsHope because: Forgot something

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

Reply to your edit, the difference is their video wont go viral on utube, unlike a private citizen, and they'll also try the old, doh it's been erased when the vehicle went for service, someone attached booster cables to it, sorry

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

check these links out.

www.itpro.co.uk...

justanegyptian.wordpress.com...

willie said he would look into this. i'd like to know the sig to see if it's embedded uk wide. that would be an interesting development if it's active and masked in cahoots with other private enterprises. dig dig clunck!
fakedirt

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FFS4000

I do agree; though perhaps a few from police vidoes have happened we area still the ones they truly fear. make no mistake. they fear us, otherwise why would they show up in full riot gear with guns to face a crowd with no protection at all? Yep your right. they will protect their own if at all possible.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

What "colourful" recent past? Did you mean WWII 60 years ago?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I have to wonder why they are really doing this.
Using the looking for "terrorists" excuse is getting really old.
Especially when They know that They are the ones creating the said "terrorists.

I think it is for psychological intimidation.
This is in the same category as the sexual molestation by ATS agents.
It has gone too far for too long already.
We have all slept too long and are now in serious trouble.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Just heard the news, that the same Trojan was selled to the Swiss Gov as well.
Media asking the ministry of Justice says; we only used it for "severe cases" such as organised crime, murder and such.

The thing is; it's completely illegal according to the swiss constitution.

And another add; the Boss of the Company who created the Trojan was accused of corruption - surprise surpise

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

i'm surprised this thread hasn't had more views. could it be that a segment don't wish to find out how deep this agenda goes for fear of uncovering a raw sore? i'm still digging around with the hope of finding the signature of this critter as i suspect it could be embedded far and wide. who knows? would the majority want to know if their ipad/rim/pc/laptop etc etc is embedded with a back door by a private company working on behalf of the nations involved?
regards fakedirt

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
could this be the critter in question? Backdoor:W32/R2D2.A (also known as 0zapftis).

link to the story
www.internetevolution.com...

regards fakedirt

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
What do you expect from a country that doesn't allow homeschooling and mandates all kids must be taught by the State?

If you have Avira antivirus......you may want to format your hard drive and get it off.

There's got to be a reason why it's a free anti virus.....its a tool for them.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

Fakedirt,

-- why the thread has not that many posts ? My guess would be that it's a German (Swiss and Austrian) problem, and most ATS'ers are living in America ?

- find the critter: search for "ArchiCrypt Anti-Bundestrojaner" its a tool that should wipe it and make it clean.

And for a humorous approach (in german): saschalobo.com...

Nach intensiven Protesten durch verärgerte Apple-Nutzer ist der Bundestrojaner ab demnächst endlich auch für Mac-Computer verfügbar.
:-)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

hello svetlana.
you are probably right about the audience. i don't see international borders hemming this critter in to a particular country, mores the case it may well be a global trojan imo. at the very least, those in euroland should at least be informed of its existence.
apologies svetlana, my german is as good as my mandarin! thanks anyway for the thought and effort and thanks for the link.

regards fakedirt

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

What "colourful" recent past? Did you mean WWII 60 years ago?

Either that or Stasi.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I just assumed you speak german, because of the the topic. So kudos for you, for covering topics outside your language horizon.

Here is a translation of the snippet from Sascha Lobos (who is a well known blogger in germany, covering all sorts of interweb stories:

"After intense protests by disgruntled Apple users , the Federal Trojan is finally available for Mac computers."

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

is the statement right? mac users wanting the federal trojan? or am i reading it wrong and it should be more in the line of mac users wanting the sig to neutralise the critter?
regards fakedirt

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Oh, I forgot to add, the writer Sascha Lobo is well known (in germany at least) for his sarcastic humour,
so the statement is complete sarcasm and not true.

So far i have not heard about a Mac Version of the "Bundestrojaner".

(Guess for the OWS-folks they have to create a Mac version though ;-)
edit on 22-10-2011 by svetlana84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

hello svetlana
understood! it kind of threw me for a bit but it's nice to know bloggers are ripping it up.
2nd
regards fakedirt

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
What do you expect from a country that doesn't allow homeschooling and mandates all kids must be taught by the State?

Well it's working for us. Homeschooling does not guarantee that the children are properly educated - see these proud parents.. Not really an advantage for the kids!

Where are the advantages for the kids to be homeschooled? In Germany we have compulsory education, no excuses allowed. You will be fined if your kid ditches school for a too long period of days.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join