It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob White’s Great UFO Artifact Mystery—Solved!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash
Unfortunately, your 'debunk' explanation does not fit the facts.

For one thing the article you site says that the process results from grinding steel. Bob White's object was chemically analyzed a number of times, was composed of 70% aircraft aluminum and was symmetrical, which none of the examples were that were sited in the site you posted.

Additional details are given in this ATS thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

While you haven't explained the artifact, you have demonstrated a lot about your personal bias, as well as your analytical and researching skills. Thanks for those insights to be borne in mind when reading anything else you post.

edit on 12-10-2011 by TheFlash because: (no reason given)

Not sure the what the reason behind your attitude towards me is?
I will assume that perhaps you did not read all of this thread.
Further down I clarified my view on the ATS forums:

I love the fact that we can have whatever opinion we want here and get away unharmed...well the sensitive types get beat up from time to time. We must remember, Because A Person Posts Something Here, Does Not Necessarily Mean They Believe It. Many of Us choose to share what we find interesting with Others because We Are Nice People.

I hope that clears things up for you? And as mentioned above, the article does not belong to me. I found it thought provoking and wanted to bring it here. I hope you have a better day.

and remember "Don't Shoot the Messenger"

edit on 12-10-2011 by exdog5 because: Grammar oops

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by exdog5

Not sure the what the reason behind your attitude towards me?

There is no attitude. The title of your thread was and is "Bob White’s Great UFO Artifact Mystery—Solved!" It is not "Possible alternative explanation of Bot White artifact" or anything of the kind. If you posted a thread with a title of "Nazis Never Killed Anyone!!!" and linked to an article saying as much you could expect to catch a lot of flack for it. If you are just going to report things that don't make sense then it is possible to draw conclusions about you, your skills and validity of things you post in the future - as I pointed out. Plain, simple sense.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
edit on 12-10-2011 by TheFlash because: Fix formatting

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash

Not sure the what the reason behind your attitude towards me?

There is no attitude. The title of your thread was and is "Bob White’s Great UFO Artifact Mystery—Solved!" It is not "Possible alternative explanation of Bot White artifact" or anything of the kind. If you posted a thread with a title of "Nazis Never Killed Anyone!!!" and linked to an article saying as much you could expect to catch a lot of flack for it. If you are just going to report things that don't make sense then it is possible to draw conclusions about you, your skills and validity of things you post in the future - as I pointed out. Plain, simple sense.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
edit on 12-10-2011 by TheFlash because: Fix formatting

I simply used the title of the article. I do see your point however. It does seem a bit like sensationalism.
Thanks for the clarification. I still hope you have a better day

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AurelioMaghe
Still, Bob is adamant about his recollection of the events and the tests are inconclusive.
He did pass lie detector.

I just wanted to share this info I found while digging deeper myself, just in case some of you did not know this.
I am still open to any possibilities regarding the truth behind this, and this is a truth we may never know.

Information posted 11-17-2009:
Robert Lee (“Bob”) White died at 6:55 am November 16 from heart-related problems and from injuries suffered in a recent one-car accident. Bob was born March 26, 1931 in Jackson County, MO
R.I.P. Bob

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
Not so fast.

If the metal object were as the article states metal shavings from a machine shop, simple tests would have determined that rather quickly.

What you have in the skeptic article is a theory...

Fail on solved.

What the guy was describing is an aggregate of metal and binder. Seems like the slices Bob submitted for test were solid aluminum. The pattern can look similar, but as stated in the article, can also look like just about anything.

The Bob White artifact always looked to me like a chunk of aluminum that survived reentry - blunt on the leading end and tapered at the trailing end, with ablated "feathers" blown back. And that would fit with his story that it fell from the sky and was still glowing when he found it... unless he was lying, but what would be the point of keeping it secret all those years? I'll say it falls short of being debunked.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by exdog5

s680.photobucket.com...

here are the old pix i published some time ago, explaining the same thing....
and here is the post...

don't make me say it, but
I TOLD YOU SO
this was solved 20-5-2009
and coping my exact words doesen't make it any better.
Shame on you www.sceptic.com
edit on 12-10-2011 by darkprinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
If the mystery were simply how moving molten metal can cool in a feathered pattern, then one possible solution has been offered. Best you can say is that something that can look similar to the object forms during the grinding process, not that it is the only process, natural or artificial, that would produce such a pattern.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I did not know that Bob White passed away.
It's been some time since I looked into this subject.
I'm not too convinced that the artifact is legit, however I really hate when so called debunkers easily dismiss cases based on vague similarities with common objects.
Same goes for the Starchild skull or at the time -I remember- the Homo Floresiensis.
I remember reading of people just looking at pics and saying:

I suppose in this case we'll never know the truth, given the peculiar yet basic nature of the object in question.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkprinc
reply to post by exdog5

s680.photobucket.com...

here are the old pix i published some time ago, explaining the same thing....
and here is the post...

don't make me say it, but
I TOLD YOU SO
this was solved 20-5-2009
and coping my exact words doesen't make it any better.
Shame on you www.sceptic.com
edit on 12-10-2011 by darkprinc because: (no reason given)

I wish I had seen your pics sooner. Fail on my part. Those are 10x better than ones in the article

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Now that I think about it, didn't they mention in one of the shows this was featured on (UFO Hunters, maybe?) that an almost identical object was found and reported to be from a UFO in some other case that happened in the past? I remember them showing a sketch or photo of it and it did look very similar to the object Bob White has. Anyone have pictures of this first object or the story behind it?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charizard
Now that I think about it, didn't they mention in one of the shows this was featured on (UFO Hunters, maybe?) that an almost identical object was found and reported to be from a UFO in some other case that happened in the past? I remember them showing a sketch or photo of it and it did look very similar to the object Bob White has. Anyone have pictures of this first object or the story behind it?

Is this it?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Found some excellent photos HERE

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2
Found some excellent photos HERE

Awesome share. I must admit the fact that this whole thread has taught me a few things about ATS I had forgotten in my absence. ( I joined under the same name in the early 2000s and left to raise my son, live in the woods etc. )
I thank you for helping add more information to this unique mystery. And I thank those who used constructive criticism towards this thread. I needed a reminder not to take things so personally and just learn and have fun.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Originally posted by Charizard

Is this it?

Yep, I suppose that was it.
They do look pretty similar. Now the question is, are they both the same type of object? And if so, is the first one as hoax as well, and did Bob White somehow discover this first case and copycat it? It's hard to say.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
It's a tree. Of some description.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I searched for this, and found no threads clarifying the source of this object-

Did this mysterious artifact actually fall from a UFO as Bob White claimed? In this week’s eSkeptic, Pat Linse (Skeptic magazine’s Art Director, and co-author of The Skeptic Encyclopedia of Pseudoscience) solves the mystery of Bob White’s UFO artifact—supposedly hard evidence for the existence of UFOs—by consulting a retired steel foundry expert. This article appeared in Skeptic magazine volume 16, number 3 (2011).

Sometimes All It Takes is Finding the Right Expert- full article

Skeptic encyclopedia ,. Skeptic magazine, Skeptic,.,.. the hell every second word is skeptic? Fck these sites, too much subjectivity. I wasn't familiar with that object until I watched an episode of UFO Hunters now.

I dont see them answering the chemical composition that is considered rare unknown and explaining it with something earthly. The tests proved it is manufactured, so this excludes meteorite. I havent studied that case much but I found discrepancy in the 'Earthly' skeptic explanations and the UFO sighting that man had.

Unless you put that man on Lie Detector and it is positive when checking if he had UFO sighting and an item falling from the air, I call these articles, especially coming from some BIASED skeptical website - bullcrap, even if the item turns out to be of earthly origin. To me this is unknown.
edit on 17-10-2011 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
well apparently it does not matter if the test are only inconclusive! at least i don't think so.
i wish i could talk to the guy in person. but that is not within reality!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
ok we been down this road before..skeptic magazine did half azz story with no research.
i have the object bob white recovered and tests are ongoing. an update to his book will be forthcoming.
the metal bob recovered IS NOT GRINDINGS from some wheel or cut off saw.

ALUMINUM will never get hot enough to bond together in a solid chunk from some grinding wheel..try it if you think you can do it. GOOD LUCK.

STEEL can form into a shape similar to the bob white artifact. there is no way that 14 labs and universities have missed this point so its redundent to continue to argue that point. it doesnt apply in any way shape or form.

One other rumor circulating is its and electric arc furnace electrode. This to is totally wrong as those are made from graphite. The melting degree of that is 5000 degrees. The BWO object is aluminum alloy with a melting tempature of around 600 degrees celius. The Bob White Object didn't come from a fabrication shop off the table under a grinding wheel or a casting factory. All test show this is not the case.
FROM ONE OF THE SCIENTIST who has worked on the object.
Research Scientist David Lamb, expert in physics and material science.
Also worked at a MIssouri State university. Findings were achieved using
X-Ray Diffraction Analysis: The artifact showed an unique “amorphous peak
and is a polycrystalline semiconductor”. To his knowledge this type of material
is not found anywhere on Earth. Also there is silver concentration of 4.3%,
here on Earth silver is used in this form by experimental scientist as a
catalyst for a superconductor. It is sprayed over aluminum and thus is in small
amounts as we see here from the test results. He postulated that this
could be used on a craft as a way to dispel magnetic fields, especially
in space as there is no energy expenditure needed for superconductivity.
Lamb has further speculated that this artifact is in fact a “quasi-crystal of
complex structure.” This is only in its early stages on Earth in the form of nanotechnology.
I am convinced Bob White saw what he describes. I have known Bob, Dr Gibbons, and Larry since January and have become good friends with them. They are not Hoaxers, but 3 retired men who have big hearts and are on a quest to solve the mystery of the object.

Before I met these guys I was a big skeptic. In fact, had they been up font with me and told me they had a piece of UFO, I would not have given them the time of day. In 1997 me and my wife witnessed the V shaped UFO over Phoenix. My wife insisted it was a UFO but I insisted it was simply an airforce aircraft, It didn't look that strange to me. It wasn't until the next day that the sighting was big news. I still believed it was an airforce project as we lived within a few miles of Luke AFB.

What's different now is that I have physical evidence. The physical evidence shows very unusual properties and a stoichiometry of materials that indicates a very technologically advanced metal. To my knowledge such technology did not exist in 1985 and only exist today at the experimental stages. That is enough evidence for me to investigate further. As Yb pointed out before, 99.9 % of UFO evidence is personal testimony, now we have physical evidence that can be tested.
David
The BWO object is the most tested UFO object in the world. It matches nothing on our planet. Scientists have stated on record that it is a new alloy made for a specific purpose and to their knowledge does not exist on our planet.
Since Bobs death in November 2009 Larry Cekander, Bobs business partner and Dixie Maynard have continued the search for the truth Bob started in 1996 with the first test performed on the artifact he recovered in Colorado.
Since then testing has been on going in labs accross the country including Los Alamos National Laboritories in New Mexico, Scripps in San Diego California, New Mexico School of mines and minerals, MIT in Boston, and many others. The latest testing performed at MSU in Springfield Missouri where the latest anomalies where found by Materials researcher David Lamb. These included findings of an amorphous peak and a polycrystilline semiconductor. To his knowledge this type of material is not found anywhere on earth.
Since 1996 when tests where first initiated on the Bob White Artifact many unususal things have been identified in the object. Over 30 elements have been identified so far with some of them the most rare to be found on earth or else where for that matter. We have detected EMF radiation coming from the object in the 500 hertz range which can be detected with any Radio Shack EMF meter.
Bubble Chamber tests where performed in San Diego which detected neutron radiation, gamma and Xray's from the object. The neutron radiation can only come from a nuclear reactor or exposure to intense solar radiation. We know the object has been outside of our atmosphere because of these findings.
We know is was formed in a vacuum invirorment from the feathered chads on the outside

top topics

<< 1   >>

join