It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tebow Time In Denver!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Well, it's official. Tim Tebow will be the starter. Personally, I wish the Broncos would have made the move sooner, since there is no loss in any way by starting.

By starting them, they will find out if he can play at this level.

The Broncos already know what Orton can do (not much), so he can't be much worse, and even if he is, it's not all bad news.

If he's worse, it gives the Broncos a better chance at the #1 overall, even though I think the Colts are throwing games now to go 0-16 so they can get Luck. Nobody blows a 17 point lead to the Chiefs, unless it's intentional.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

I'll admit, I've been anti-Tebow since we acquired him. I considered the acquisition of Tebow and Quinn to be McDaniels's 2 biggest mistakes.

That being said, Tebow definitely played with a lot more heart than Orton this past Sunday and was downright exciting to watch. It also seems that his mechanics are quite a bit better this year, particularly the time he takes to get the ball out.

Anyway, should be an interesting rest of the season!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xenthuin

Yeah, I keep hearing all about mechanics, then I remember that Ryan Leaf had perfect mechanics, and then I shrug it off. It's about wins and losses in the end, and if Tebow can get more "W's", then I don't care if he throws side arm. Brett Favre threw side arm and was completely unconventional, but was successful. Another knock that I got tired of hearing is how Tebow is too quick to run, but then they show Orton throwing to covered receivers. So, was Rich Gannon implying that Tebow was running to run, and that the receivers were suddenly getting wide open? I thought it was laughable.

Like I said, it's a win-win for the Broncos. We get to see what the team spent a 1st round pick on, and if he sucks, we'll know, and can dump him. If he's good, he'll get plenty of games to learn and improve for next season. Orton is Orton, and we know what he has brings to the table.

And, yes, it will at least be interesting. I can't remember the last time I felt "good" about the Broncos. It's been at least a decade.

edit on 11-10-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I am not a Denver fan, or a Florida fan, or a christian, but I have always been a fan of Tebow. I still think he was the best college player I have ever seen, and has one of the hardest work ethics in all of sports. Whether he succeeds or fails, it wont be because of a lack of effort and determination.

Go Tebow!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
He had a great game.. I wonder if having Tim as the starter motivated the other Broncos and made em work harder?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

He's in a good spot (Miami) to start his first game. It also happens to be Florida Gator Day that day for some reason. There is a good chance there will be more Tebow fans than Dolphins' or Broncos'.

He will be fun and possibly hilarious at times to watch. No doubt he's gonna give it his all! Orton, or the fainting goat, is done. Whatever happens, he's finally playing and we'll see if he can walk the walk.

Lastly, yes, anyone who lets the CHEFS come back on them like that is tanking it.

CJ
edit on 11-10-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Haha!

Well in terms of mechanics, it is important for a QB to be able to get the ball out of his hands quick so as to not telegraph where it is going. The few times I saw Tebow last year it felt like I was watching a baseball pitcher wind up every time he threw. Plus last year I think he threw into triple coverage 75% of the time... So he seems better all around (mental + physical). As long as he can beat Orton and Quinn in the INT department, Tebow will be alright with me.

For some more ugly mechanics, watch Matt Hasselbeck sling it sidearm... or just flick it forward end over end.

I also happened to watch some highlights of Elway the other day... Not only was the ball arriving going about Mach 1, but it was crazy to see how fast he could go from holding the ball to throwing the ball. I don't think anybody in the NFL today can rival that.

new topics

top topics

join