It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

99% Needs Leadership, Organization and Specific Goals to Grow and be Successful.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
99% Needs Leadership, Organization and Specific Goals to Grow and be Successful.

As they say the road to hell is paved with good intentions. So far, the 99% while expressing their good intentions have yet to appoint a leader to represent their cause. The right person for the position would possess quality that would include strong character, knowledge of applicable laws, organization skills, communication skills, and of course charisma.

As of now even with the movement growing rapidly, there is no clear list of goals the 99% are trying to achieve. If this does not change and all the participating groups across the country have their own agendas, the movement will never be successful. Everyone needs to be on the same page following the same guidelines.

The goal to people like Ketchup is very, very clear. It can be articulated in one word—REBELLION. These protesters have not come to work within the system. They are not pleading with Congress for electoral reform. They know electoral politics is a farce and have found another way to be heard and exercise power. They have no faith, nor should they, in the political system or the two major political parties. They know the press will not amplify their voices, and so they created a press of their own. They know the economy serves the oligarchs, so they formed their own communal system. This movement is an effort to take our country back.

www.truth-out.org...

This undefined rebellion mentions in the article above is pointless because there are no specific objectives. It would take the following, and more to begin bringing an end to the outrages corruption the 99% often speak of in a very general way.

1. Identify related specific illegal activities past and present.
2. Learn the true process of our legal system including impeachment.
3. Assemble actual credible evidence that would be admissible in a court of law.
4. Identify those who are responsible for these crimes (past and present.)
5. Approach the proper agencies (State Attorney General, US DOJ, the U.S. Attorney General, etc.).
6. Keep the public well informed and maintain a peaceful, nonviolent, law abiding stature.

If the 99% movement can get organized and stay on the same page there might be some significant changes for the good of the people and bring the demise of the rampant corruption in government and big business.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Best OWS OP yet. They have the world's attention...but no plan. Great drum circles though.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It's good to see some sense here, great OP, unfortunately I'm not sure OWS protesters possess the ability to employ these ideas.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Maybe we are sick of leadership. Everyone has a price. Nobody is perfect. I believe that there is too much infighting to come together under one common brand. We all have one thing in common though. We are tired of the current leadership. We can burn this one down and then turn our guns to each other till the last one stands. There is not one system of government that has proven itself effective of not becoming tyrannical. Academics can spurt out all the bs speculation they want, all government eventually has the same result. This isn't the civil rights movement. Those days are long gone. This is much bigger and chaos plays an important part in the systems collapse. What comes after is more fighting, because people's ambitions go in many different directions at once.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I think thats what Ron Paul has been doing for years............but TPTB have stiffled his message
edit on 11-10-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Let's face it, it will go no where. I have lost all faith of anything short of full collapse that will help remedy any of the problems they are seeking to, and they are getting real bad rap because the Unions are out there. I'd much desire the unions not to support them it only takes away from their credibility.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I like the horizontal membership (leadership) paradigm.

A few things that need to happen NOW, however:

1) Lists of what the protesters feel are the most important issues to focus on, sorted by
- How important/egregious the issues are
- Common/popular sentiment (for or against each issue), as strength is had in numbers/broad support

2) After doing 1), the OWS movement needs to identify clear ways in which the public who supports this movement can hit offenders where it hurts (their wallets). I always say in this system we have to vote with our dollars. If we identify company x as a great offender because of this or that, they need to make specific demands of the company, and essentially call for a boycott of every possible revenue stream of said company until the demands are met, or they go out of business. I also like the idea being proposed of mass bank account cancellations for banks that are trying to print their own money via new fees/fee-less account balance requirements -- banks who have committed these kinds of crimes.

In clearer terms -- the group needs to identify the things that have the broadest support (what the group protests the most across the board), identify the greatest offender(s), and call for public support in the form of boycotts/exoduses from/etc.
edit on 10/11/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Who are these leaders you speak of? Leaders that are already in government? Leaders that are financed by George Soros? Unless they are not brave souls that are born out of this movement, you have to be very careful about who you wish to have leading a bunch of outraged people.

There's a reason why I am glad that people are hesitant to make a hierarchy. Honestly, if these protests help to educate the public that something STINKS in this country, then it has done a world of good. We are far more aware of the criminal activity going on in government and their friends with benefits in the corporate world now then we were 4 years ago.

edit on 11-10-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I think supporters should create an AL entity for (as much more than a fancy mascot -- also THE speaker for) this movement. This entity won't gray from the stress of the position, can literally be an amalgam of the people (true democracy) representing/speaking on the ideas/goals of this movement, cannot be assassinated, will never need to be "impeached"/fall into corruption, etc.
edit on 10/11/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
Who are these leaders you speak of? Leaders that are already in government? Leaders that are financed by George Soros? Unless they are not brave souls that are born out of this movement, you have to be very careful about who you wish to have leading a bunch of outraged people.

There's a reason why I am glad that people are hesitant to make a hierarchy. Honestly, if these protests help to educate the public that something STINKS in this country, then it has done a world of good. We are far more aware of the criminal activity going on in government and their friends with benefits in the corporate world now then we were 4 years ago.

Bravo! AND the OP would be wise to place on the list of qualifications NO POLITICIANS!!! No politician can do this, an artist, poet, dancer, lover anything creative and above all else an aware meditator and individual.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA

Maybe we are sick of leadership. Everyone has a price. Nobody is perfect. I believe that there is too much infighting to come together under one common brand. We all have one thing in common though. We are tired of the current leadership. We can burn this one down and then turn our guns to each other till the last one stands. There is not one system of government that has proven itself effective of not becoming tyrannical. Academics can spurt out all the bs speculation they want, all government eventually has the same result. This isn't the civil rights movement. Those days are long gone. This is much bigger and chaos plays an important part in the systems collapse. What comes after is more fighting, because people's ambitions go in many different directions at once.

I have to challenge your opinion. Without leadership and organization you have chaos. Nobody is suggesting we become the new Soviet Union with the KGB literally staying on top of everything we do and arresting or even murdering us for whatever reason fit their mindset.

Just take a look at countries under true dictatorship (Iran under the ayatollahs and their puppet President; Iraq when Saddam Hussein was president and keeping humanitarian money and using it to build solid gold statues and toilets and etc.). While there is no question about the presence of corruption in our government it hardly approaches these levels. If movements like the 99% can become organized and diligently work towards at least exposing and fighting corruption in this country we may have a much brighter future than you seem to think.

Call me optimistic but I truly believe change for the better can happen if we don’t throw in the towel. Don’t give up hope, put your energy where it can do some good.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

O.K., 340 million people each with their own agendas is exponentially more dangerous than a leader carefully chosen by the 99% movement. What you suggest take us back to the lawless “Wild West.”

Even though we may disagree I do appreciate your input.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I am amaze this thread is not getting more attention considering the 99% is a huge issue.
I have to admit even insects such as ants and bees have leadership and know how to organize.

new topics

top topics

join