It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli PM Netanyahu says captured soldier Shalit will be released in 'coming days' - BBC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Israeli PM Netanyahu says captured soldier Shalit will be released in 'coming days' - BBC

www.bbc.co.uk

Israel and Hamas have agreed a deal for the release of Sgt Gilad Shalit, an Israeli soldier held hostage by Palestinian militants for five years.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the deal had been reached after arduous talks, and that Sgt Shalit would be back with his family "within days".

Israel will release hundreds of Palestinian prisoners in exchange.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.jpost.com
www.ynetnews.com

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
While most of the world today was concentrated on the Iranian "threat", this HISTORIC deal went majorly unnoticed. I'm amazed that no one has reported this story yet so I felt obligated to bring it to your attention.

So Israel and HAMAS have agreed on this deal to free an Israeli soldier held captive in Gaza for the past 5 years. In return Israel will release hundreds or prisoners including ALL women. The deal just passed in the Israeli Cabinet with 26 votes to 3.

What a historic piece of news, let's hope the positive trend continues!

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11-10-2011 by concernedcitizen519 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This is stunning. Did anyone else see a lead up to this that I totally missed?? Last I saw it was the end of Sept and Israel was on the verge of war with the Palestinians. What changed in THAT short a time?? What kind of back room dealing and game playing had to happen with Hamas to get them to release one of their top tropheys?? Hamas hasn't suddenly taken a liking to Tel Aviv, I'm sure. They don't do anything of the goodness of their hearts, so what gives?

What the heck did Netanyahu give them that he really hopes no one learns of, since I'm sure not hearing about any public deals of the gravity this release would have demanded in past times?? Hundreds of Prisoners? Okay...Hamas is either having a sale on IDF POW's and I mean a full K-Mart Blue light....or there is a back story here that books will be written about some day.

These days....not knowing leaves a bad feeling. Hmmmm...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
and massive roundups of palestinians will commence right after to replace the 1000 "prisoners" they held indefinitely without charge because they decided to fight for their freedom.

which apparently everone on earth has the right to except when its the israelis denying freedom.

big mistake on hamas. it was probably the only thing keeping israel from completely leveling gaza.

the giant p.r. nightmare that would happen if they killed shalit with white phosphorous and his burnt body was shown all over israeli news channels.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I too wonder what happened behind the scenes for such a drastic move to occur, as amazing as it is, something must have happened. Things seemed like they were gonna head down a rocky road with Palestine seeking full membership to the U.N. and Israel certainly not wanting that....maybe this had to do with that? Sort of "we'll release 1,000 + prisoners if you give us back our one guy and consider slowing down your U.N. membership bid." Who knows? Interesting nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
am confused havnt they done many of theses trades?

am sure i heard before they gave the remains of a soilder for prisoners. Israel does really care about its soilders which is one of the few good sides of them.

so this isnt something new or historical i would say just them getting there people back.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Nice to see that the BBC is fair and unbalanced media. "Militants in Gaza"? Last time I checked, Hamas was democratically elected.

I think this whole Shalit story is a joke. The Israelis have invaded Gaza before on the pretense of just finding this guy. What new excuse will they have to make up now?

top topics

join