It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Election Debate Bloomberg Live With Link

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

Gingrich wins this one IMO..

Cain faltered a bit in the limelight.. (bit hotter under the spotlight)

Paul had some good moments, much better performance by Ron.

Perry fell flat on his face

Romney is Romney, he's the big money boy and will likely stay where he is despite his ability to deflect the points of questions. remember he couldn't bring himself to say he wouldn't bail out banks again..

Santorum, Bachmann & Huntsman all had their moments but I don't think any of them made enough of an impact to help them going forward..

disclaimer: this is my opinion only your mileage may vary

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

He didn't do great, that's for sure. He was probably in the bottom three after the first half, but he really picked himself up in the second half of the debate. Did he win? Absolutely not. Was he a big loser? No. I think he had an average debate, and as we all know, being average doesn't do much to appeal to those undecided and on the fence. Congressman Paul needs to step it up from here on out. He needs to be vocal, decisive, and strong. He can't be scared to gnash teeth or be forcefully blunt (see Newt Gingrich).

As I stated earlier, I fear Doctor Paul may have plateaued. His message is great, but it has yet to appeal to the masses. He needs to do something to change that. What that is, exactly, I'm not sure. But performing better at debates wouldn't hurt.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Alright but how do you KNOW this is what he was yelling about
this time?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
reply to post by Dance4Life

Gingrich wins this one IMO..

Cain faltered a bit in the limelight.. (bit hotter under the spotlight)

Paul had some good moments, much better performance by Ron.

Perry fell flat on his face

Romney is Romney, he's the big money boy and will likely stay where he is despite his ability to deflect the points of questions. remember he couldn't bring himself to say he wouldn't bail out banks again..

Santorum, Bachmann & Huntsman all had their moments but I don't think any of them made enough of an impact to help them going forward..

disclaimer: this is my opinion only your mileage may vary

I think Romney is going to win the primary..

Unless something big happens.
Ron Paul would be nice to see but I'm not sure
he has the main stream support to get it.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Newt looked funny with the white eye makeup all over his eyes.
Perry & Romney caused Grecian Formula stock to jump.
Bachman looked nice, good to see her botox is calming down a bit.
Romney and Bachman would look great on top of a big 3 tiered DC wedding cake.
Herman Cain's temper flared at Paul tonight. It was funny to see Paul smile that knowin smile when Herman Cain admitted he used to work at the federal reserve.
Santorum is as stupid as ever.
Nothing new really came out tonight. Guess that is why I focused on Newt's goth eye makeup. It matched his hair.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
My take of the debate -

I believe Newt problably got the most amount of applause, and he had pretty nice responses, with some humor involved to. He won this one IMO.

Cain....im not sure. His response to everything is 999 this 999 that 999 everything. He seems to be echoing Bachmanns "Obamacare this that up down left right front back". When Cain asked Romney about Romneys 59 point plan, I believe Romney answered well. He basically said - "It takes more than taxes to solve this"

Perry - Ehh...nothing really special, but he did a heck of alot better compared to the previous debates. I dont think he really gained or fell in this.

Huntsman, Bachmann, and Santorum...nothing really breaking there. It seems Huntsman has a more 'professional' style to him than some others.

Paul - The Greenspan moment was his best. I dont think he posed his question to Cain all that well, but Cain didnt respond well either. Seemed kind of like a lost moment on that question for both sides. But, I believe Paul overall did good.

Romney - There wasnt an 'awe' moment for him, but I think he held his ground very well and did good overall.

So, atleast for this debate, #1 - Newt, #2 Paul and Romney tied. The rest are pretty much tied for #3

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
To Remember

"I want to go to war with China." - Rick Santorum

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Did he mention when he was planning on leaving?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

When Santorum was speaking, he was talking about the family unit, and hes isnt too happy about gay rights. The only stuff I could make out from the guy yelling were the words "gay" and "soldier", and all I could come up with is Santorums response to the gay soldier in the last debate.

ETA - Im watching an MSNBC review of the debate and one guy was talking about Perry, and he said "Well, atleast he didnt stink up the whole place this time, but he still sucked"!
edit on 11-10-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Agreed, I think I heard something along those lines being shouted by the guy in the crowd..

He must have been stewing in anger just waiting for the mods to finally ask Santorum a question so he could burst out of his seat and scream whatever it was he screamed.

edit on Tue, 11 Oct 2011 21:24:17 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
bloomberg is the worst news network,not a single mention of Ron Paul post-debate. EVERY one else got mentioned, but not Ron Pau

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
and yet again more attacks on Ron Paul from the sean hannity forum as expect

SH Attacks Paul

I find that the mods wont have problem if i linked that site.

Paul had his moments but still comes off as a loony uncle.

First they call him a moonbat and now loony uncle

Santorum had a moment or two but he isn't a factor.

Let me guess the sean hannity fans want a war with china? ok you can have it
but i wonder whose going to be drafted first? usual its always those who cheer for war first.

Paul would step back and let Israel off the leash so they can handle it.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
^^^^ anybody that calls RP a loony uncle, kook, or unelectable is just parroting the MSM. It started there.

These people can't think for themselves.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
My take:

Ron Paul comes off like a loony uncle, but he and Newt are the smartest guys up there. Bad presentation, though, and too old. Paul is not a factor, just a good adviser.

The Newt: He's only up there to draw the lines and keep everyone honest (some irony there).

Cain: Repackaged Fair Tax, but not as good. Still, this guy plays well. Charisma, bold, ready to kick ass. That's appealing, despite his Greenspan screw up.

Bachman: She did well the first half. I still find her frightening, though. Those upper teeth look scary...

Santorum: Drop out, dude.

Huntsman: Skip off with Santorum. Oh, and take Bachman with you.

Perry: Sad, sad, sad. Such high hopes dashed by poor debate form and the tasting of lemons when he wasn't talking (which was often and boy did he look annoyed by that!).

Romney: Simply don't understand why this guy is a front runner. Lies openly. Dances around questions. What is his appeal?

Despite 9-9-9 and the Greenspan gaff, Cain won it simply by representing something completely different. Every now and then, when the Risk board is ugly, you want a player to sweep it all off the board and bring up Parcheesi. That's Cain.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
My take of the debate -

I believe Newt problably got the most amount of applause, and he had pretty nice responses, with some humor involved to. He won this one IMO.

Cain....im not sure. His response to everything is 999 this 999 that 999 everything. He seems to be echoing Bachmanns "Obamacare this that up down left right front back". When Cain asked Romney about Romneys 59 point plan, I believe Romney answered well. He basically said - "It takes more than taxes to solve this"

Perry - Ehh...nothing really special, but he did a heck of alot better compared to the previous debates. I dont think he really gained or fell in this.

Huntsman, Bachmann, and Santorum...nothing really breaking there. It seems Huntsman has a more 'professional' style to him than some others.

Paul - The Greenspan moment was his best. I dont think he posed his question to Cain all that well, but Cain didnt respond well either. Seemed kind of like a lost moment on that question for both sides. But, I believe Paul overall did good.

Romney - There wasnt an 'awe' moment for him, but I think he held his ground very well and did good overall.

So, atleast for this debate, #1 - Newt, #2 Paul and Romney tied. The rest are pretty much tied for #3

I think Herman Cain won the debate.

He has a plan people can understand. I prefer a 10 - 10 - 10 plan but only when the economy
is more stable. We need a little more $$$ to buy back all of the promissory notes piled up
over at Social Security.

Perry is critically wounded and should drop out.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Ron Paul better win the primaries (don't think it will happen) because there's no way I'm voting for Romney instead of Obama. I think Romney's completely fake, yes more so than Obama imo.

I like Ron Paul not because I agree with everything he says, just because he seems honest in everything he says, even if it's crazy. Better to have someone like him than someone like Romney, even though he doesn't look like a president candidate.
edit on 12-10-2011 by Flow101 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2011 by Flow101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I don't know what's more exciting: Getting cancer or watching multi millionaires bitch at each other repeating the same thing over and over.

Oh well. At least they're all bat sh*t crazy enough to make the debates entertaining.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life
Thank god Paul exposed Cain.

Can anyone back up that Cain was telling the truth when he said he didn't wanna audit the fed?

I can prove he lied. It's a short clip if you want it shorter start at :34

Quote:

We dont' need to waste money with another commission or an audit that is not necessary.

edit on 12-10-2011 by pianopraze because: typo

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I think after Ron Paul I would chose Bachman

Really? Check this out: Bachman's top campaign contributors

Only 45% came from individual donors. Red Flags should be going up. This woman has already been bought.

Source

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Did anyone catch the wispered comment when the host of the debate asked Newt about the American Dream of owning a home? You can hear one of the candidates wisper "It'd be a nightmare" into their open mic. Too funny! It's at the 3:12 mark of the following vid. Never posted a youtube vid before so I appologize if I did it wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join