It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Government Protects former Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

The Court's straightforward application of the rule of law prompted a diplomatic offensive on the part of Israel, which on September 15, 2011 resulted in procedural changes to universal jurisdiction legislation in England and Wales. These changes were intended to prevent the arrest of suspected war criminals from "friendly" states.

Seems that after strong evidence came to light of involvement in war crimes the UK government tried to change the law so that they did not have to hold to their responsabilities under the 4th Geneva Convention. In effect, making "friendly states" and exception.

On October 6, 2011, Ms Livni returned to the United Kingdom. A stated purpose of her visit was to celebrate this change in the law. In advance of her visit, and acting on behalf of civilian victims of war crimes in the Gaza Strip, the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights and Hickman & Rose requested that the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) authorise the arrest of Ms Livni or consent to the victims applying to court for a second judicial arrest warrant. This application was made in full conformity with the recent legislative changes.

Problem is, when Ms Livni returned to the UK, the director of public proessecutions found that even under the new law there was still enough evidence AND legal foundation to have her arrested. So the Governement steps in again awarding her last minute, and retrospective "special mission" status, thus providing her with diplomatic immunity, and escape fro arrest a seccond time.

However, following the Foreign and Commonwealth Office's last-minute (apparently) retroactive attribution of diplomatic immunity to Ms Livni, on the basis of her visit constituting a "special mission", the DPP issued a statement that he had been blocked from making any decision as to her arrest.

Well, personally I find this pretty sickening. That the UK governement would employ such tactics to protect an EX-diplomat from a friendly state for diplomatic reasons is aoutragous.

The full article is here. It is written by Daniel Machover who is the head of the Civil Litigation Department at Hickman & Rose, who were presenting the evidence on behalf of the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights.

...the FCO's apparently retroactive attribution of Special Mission immunity to Tzipi Livni must be highlighted. As far as we can see, there are just two possibilities: Either there was a plan in advance to classify the visit as a special mission, in which case Ms Livni and the FCO set out deliberately at the beginning of the week to deceive everyone that Ms Livni was genuinely testing the new legal procedure, or the special mission was a rabbit that was pulled from the hat to prevent the law taking its course. Both these alternatives are discreditable and the latter, which currently seems more likely, represents a complete abuse of process and of law based on the known facts. In any event, the sole purpose behind the FCO actions has been to shield Ms Livni from arrest.

Disgracefull.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Disgraceful doesn't touch Ms Livni's actions, hypocritical and murderous does.

I watched this 'woman' interviewed, her brass neck was thicker than her head. How she has the nerve to face any country's tv and populous is beyond decency. She comes over very plausible but clearly psychopathic because she shows no conscience, remorse or shame of her personal actions. She forgets we have all seen on tv her strutting around in her snazzy little 'big man's uniform' and her attrocities, which, were this an incident from WW2 she would have been chased all over the globe, captured and tried as a war criminal for. Most women who wear uniform do it with dignity and pride, Miss Livni's actions can claim neither of these traits.

In England the way our legal system works is purely to protect the mouldy aristocrats and those who have money and land. If you look at our government you will find that due to manipulation into our laws concerning racism, yes, we can have any ethnic minority individual in our government, so in theory we should be able to pick the very best of a large brain pool. However, if you look closely at the individuals you will see we have a huge representation seconded from the Jewish fraternity which is why Livni has been protected - no one with a conscience would have protected her except her own.

Furthermore, if you look closely at the 'House of Windsor' you will see the name Roschild underneath the Queen's because that's whom' manages' her affairs and consequently runs this country. Funnily enough never seen or voted in by the public. Hopefully, as things are hotting up abroad over the huge gulf between governments and the people they are supposed to represent,some of that will come over to here, we will soon have more say as to whom we count as allies and whom gets into this country on special diplomatic missions as we are clearly not discerning enough.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

Thanks for that. I have not reasearched muchinto Ms Livni a great deal. But I am aware of her previous actions. The the UK government would manipulate it;s own courts in this way, and for a person such as this, make a mokery of the entire system. I for one am ashamed.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Here's a bit more about Tzipi.

She's quite the tike ... AND, She's a lawyer !!!
(guess she needs the foreknowledge)

great family heritage also.

Her career was forged in the violent creation of Israel. Both her parents were arrested for terrorist crimes in the 1940s. Her mother Sarah, who died recently aged 85, was a leader of Irgun, the militant Zionist group that operated in Palestine at the time of the British mandate and whose exploits included train robbery.

“I was disguised as a pregnant woman and robbed a train carrying £35,000,” she said in an interview shortly before she died. “Then we blew up another train en route from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv.”

Livni’s father, Eitan, was sentenced to 15 years in jail for attacking a British military base. He escaped.

Wonderful !

The frontrunner to become Israel’s next prime minister, Tzipi Livni, was a Paris agent for Mossad, Israel’s overseas intelligence agency, in the early 1980s when it ran a series of missions to kill Palestinian terrorists in European capitals, according to former colleagues.

They say Livni, now foreign minister, was on active service when Mamoun Meraish, a senior official in the Palestine Liberation Organisation, was shot dead by a Mossad hit squad in Athens on August 21, 1983. She was not directly involved in the killing, in which two young men on a motorcycle drew alongside Meraish’s car and opened fire, but her role in Mossad remains secret.

Livni joined Mossad after leaving the army with the rank of lieutenant and completing a year at law school. From her base in Paris she travelled throughout Europe in pursuit of Arab terrorists.

“Tzipi was not an office girl,” said an acquaintance. “She was a clever woman with an IQ of 150. She blended in well in European capitals, working with male agents, most of them ex-commandos, taking out Arab terrorists.”

article from June 2008

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I can't see that she has done anything wrong. Maybe you just can't stand the fact that Israel will issue reprisals when your beloved Arab terrorists attack.
edit on 12-10-2011 by Walkers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Israel gets away with murder (LITERALLY!!!) all the time. I'm not suprised an Israeli can get away with this kind of stuff over here.

I don't know but I smell Tony Blairs lying murderous ass all over this one with backhanders and "I was PM listen to me..." friggin tongues.

Edit::
This paves the way for Mossad to come over and do their job then leave...
edit on 12-10-2011 by R3N3G4D3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3N3G4D3
Israel gets away with murder (LITERALLY!!!) all the time. I'm not suprised an Israeli can get away with this kind of stuff over here.

It's called defending your people and nation. You can't seriously be suggesting that it's OK for muslims to launch attacks against Israel, but when Israel responds, they're murderers.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkers

It's called defending your people and nation. You can't seriously be suggesting that it's OK for muslims to launch attacks against Israel, but when Israel responds, they're murderers.

You can't seriously be suggesting that it's OK fro Jews to launch attacks against Palistine, but when Palastine responds, they're murderers.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt

Originally posted by Walkers

You can't seriously be suggesting that it's OK fro Jews to launch attacks against Palistine, but when Palastine responds, they're murderers.

There is no such thing as "Palestine". "Palestine" is a myth created by the Arabs to have a reason to continue to hate Jews. Soon, that myth will be removed.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkers

Yada yada yada. The usual and very much expected tripe from you. Lets all move into our neighbours houses and tell them it is actually our house now.

You have the audacity to accuse other of hate. Take a good long look at yourself.

top topics

join