It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Narcopolitics also banned?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Question about the Guidelines:

In this Ban of Drug related Threads is the Narcopolitic a part of
or is this a own and separate Topic?

Could not find an answer yet!

Kindly Regards from Tokyo

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

See T&C
Terms and conditions

See the reason for this T&C
Suspension of drug related topics

Enjoy

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Thank You!

I read yesterday the following quote:

After much thought, much discussion among the staff, and a FAILED, many month long, experiment to see if these topics could be discussed in a mature, "NO user story" manner, ANY discussion of illegal drugs or mind altering substances

Ergo is to write about the Narcopolitic still allowed
because the Drugs are not the Topic itself ??!!??

I am still confused

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Zero tolerance is the policy.

Period.

Any thread regarding illegal substances will be shut down and the user warned.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Threads like this one here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
are forbidden?

I am sorry for my misinterpretation,
please close that Thread but do not warn me

Regards

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

No, that thread is fine, the main focus of it is government corruption, not narcotics.

What we mean by zero tolerance is advocating legalization, or glorifying personal usage, recreational or medicinal.

However, all these threads like the one you linked are carefully monitored by staff and are approved or denied on a case by case basis, depending on the actual story and the replies from the membership.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Any thread regarding illegal substances will be shut down and the user warned.

Not to be a pain but by what country's standards?

It is, after all, illegal to posses alcohol (a drug) in Saudi Arabia.

Does this also pertain to any illegal substance? Or just drugs?

Can we talk about WMD's in Iraq now since they are illegal substances?

Just a few questions about this "zero policy" policy.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

I don't understand why you would ask such an unrelated question unless this is an attempt at sarcasm.

Of course you can discuss illegal this policy is in regards to drugs, as explained in this thread by SO.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Nutter

I don't understand why you would ask such an unrelated question unless this is an attempt at sarcasm.

I am not trying to be sarcastic.

Why do all the moderators take offense when we question this policy? We are just asking questions so we don't get warned and/or banned.

Of course you can discuss illegal this policy is in regards to drugs, as explained in this thread by SO.

Like I said. Alcohol, the drug, is illegal in Saudi Arabia but is allowed to be talked about here.

Salvia Divinorum is legal in the US but is shunned to talk about here.

I'm just trying to clarify which country's laws are we to stick to while posting here.

edit on 11-10-2011 by Nutter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

ATS is owned and operated in the US, so you may use those as a guidelines.

Salvia may be legal, however it is a hallucigen, therefore a drug, therefore against the T&C.

Alcohol is the only general exception due to it's prevelance and legality in most countries.

I apologize for seeming brash regarding this topic Nutter, the staff are simply tired of attempting to explain it or arguing about the details.

If you think it might be a T&C violation, then it probably is when it comes to this subject. You can always send me a PM with the content you wish to post and I can tell you whether or not the staff will allow it.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances: Due to abuse of the subject matter by some (promoting various aspects of personal use, and discussing actual personal use), no new topics on this subject are allowed in any form.

If something isn't a clear black and white instance, then the staff will have a discussion and make a decision based on the resulting conclusion.

24) Right of Community Management. This is a privately owned discussion board community. TAN reserves the right to take action against any member, or member Posting, which is deemed to be devoted purely to disruption, represents behavior contrary to community building, or in cases where the content is contrary to the core ideals of the Websites. This action may include removal of your Posting and/or complete banning of your username and IP address. TAN reserves the right to eliminate or edit any content deemed inappropriate for the discussion boards, news network or any affiliated sites. TAN reserves the right to establish limits on topics that may be discussed if, in their opinion, the discussion of those topics attract an audience that is counterproductive to maintaining the ideals set forth in the Terms and Conditions of Use and the Terms and Conditions of Membership.

If you're unsure whether your thread/topic is allowed, ask the staff.

Seeing that there are multiple threads on this particular topic and the OP has been answered...

Thread closed.

edit on 11-10-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join