It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hip Hop Artist Immortal Technique speaks out at Occupy Wall Street

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

In the first part of the video, he speaks about the pepper spray incident in New York. Next, he speaks about how theres is very little accountability and responsibility in both Government and Wall Street. He says that the people didnt just decide to get up and be angry about nothing. Too much fuel has been added to the fire and the people are very concerned with the way our Democray is going.

In the middle of the video, he is asked about people pulling their money out of banks and quit using credit cards. He says the latter is the best action at the moment. He says there still is alot more brainstorming required in the movement. He also references this as a "chess game" and also mentions the US and Gaddafi, Mubarak, ect. Near the end, he speaks about agent infiltrators and that the movement should take that into account.

Immortal Technique has been one of my favorite hip hop artists. In my opinion, he put this in a pretty clear way. If there is one section of the video I think is the most important, it is the lack of accountability/responsibility in both Government and Wall Street.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This is turning into a publicity stunt and a celebrity sh1t show really fast.

People aren't even really taking it seriously. The media is either making it look stupid or using it as a PR campaign. They are using your protest against you. And its working.

What isn't doing a damn thing is this protest.

edit on 11/10/10 by metaldemon2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Yup, just seems like a bunch of Hipsters showed up to try and reenact the peaceful part of what happened at Kent State. Lucky for them they'll probably just have criminal records at the end of this instead of being shot to death, because we've clearly seen that these people don't understand that peaceful protests hardly do anything but show TPTB that you're angry but still willing to follow the rules.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Once again some folks that don't know what they're talking about. Haha.
Immortal tech is an underground rapper, and he has been singing about the economic inequality for awhile, classism, everything.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
This is turning into a publicity stunt and a celebrity sh1t show really fast.

If Tom Cruise, J-Lo and that one guy, you know who, came out and said, we are here FOR THE PEOPLE.
well then, I would HAVE to agree with you.

This on the other hand, is IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE.
The guy has put himself out there for so long as someone trying to speak for us and to us through his music that saying he was just coming out to promote himself, kind of false. Just not in his character.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
doubel post so i'll post another song of his.

edit on 10-10-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

How about...

Kanye?
The outspoken rapper paid a visit to the Occupy Wall Street protests Monday afternoon, led by rap mogul Russell Simmons. Simmons was there to appear on Reverend Al Sharpton’s radio show, which the MSNBC primetime host was broadcasting live from the park.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Nice post. I am glad this artist knows what is up. I hope other know as well. These riots are designed by the elite or quickly infiltrated.

It is a Chess Game.

Peace to all

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
immortal technique is not on a publicity stunt, he's as real as they get.. glad to see him out there supporting the movement.

Now if it was 50 cent, Kanye, lil Wayne or some other lame ass rapper, you'd know what their intentions are..

top topics

join