It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That's it, I've had it.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm talking about this site. I'm just so sick of this crap that's constantly being spewed. This left wing bias.. I don't think I'll be posting here much more, I might still check up on ATS, might still post in the real rant's. I'm sick of the hate that alot of these breed on. I can't believe that some of these posts are even allowed!

Look at this one, for example: See for yourself
Do you think if this was about another country from an American, it would be allowed? No way, it would be taken down and the poster would be called racists, ignorant, and anything else people could think up. He would probably be banned, definately punished. But no, it's not racism if it's against America, is it? I'm sick of the Bush-bashers that are refusing to look at the other side of the coin. (Thanks truelies, for that analogy) I'll prove something wrong, and they won't care. They'l continue on with their argument. Sure, there are intelligent people on here, but they are far out-weighed by the "crazies". It's pointless for me to even argue my point, nobody cares. They only want to hear bad things about America.

I think we're a good nation, with a pretty good leader (Maybe you'd call that blind optimism. Nobody here ever wants to be positive, or peaceful). There's no place for me on this board. I'm sorry, goodbye.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Without getting into the argument at all. That post was in the mudpit, with a massive disclaimer at the top.

What do you expect?

Maybe your choice is right, if you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen and stick to ATS.

This isn't a critisizm of you
I NEVER bother with the place either

The mudpit and its brand of debate are just not worth it in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
So basicly you are against anyone having an opposing opinion as you? That's quite american
or at least what we tell our selves is american.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Without getting into the argument at all. That post was in the mudpit, with a massive disclaimer at the top.

It's also two years old.

Somebody just searched it out the other day and got all angry at posters we don't even have anymore and posted their outrage accordingly...bumping the thing back up. :shk: That'll show 'em.

I tried to tell them they're arguing with ghosts, but nobody listens to me and Herman.

So it got sent to the restricted forum...apparently something Herman should start avoiding since it bothers him so much. See previous Pit Make Herman Mad thread: Why the Hell is this S*** Allowed on BTS!?!

What can we tell ya friend. NetChicken is right. Don't hit yourself in the head with hammers, and don't read forums that yank your chain.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
So basicly you are against anyone having an opposing opinion as you? That's quite american
or at least what we tell our selves is american.

Jonna if we get banned its going to be together.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Yeah, I lied and decided to check up on this one. I knew someone would want to twist my words and start an argument. No, I'm not against opinions. People can have their opinions, it doesn't mean they have to present them in such an insulting, flagrant manner. I mean, all those Bush bashing threads; couldn't they all just be put into one thread? And the people always say things like either, "If you really think that Bush is doing a good job, you're just *insert some random insult*" or, "You're an idiot if you think that". THAT's what I'm sick of. I'm not sick of the logical debates that I've had.

If I wrote an artical about how much I hated Mexico (No, I don't really hate Mexico). And said that all they ever do is run around, play soccer, cross our border, and eat tacco's; people would get pissed!!!! I bet they'll even get pissed with that example of racism I just gave them, because if it's not directed at America, it's not racism.

originally posted by Jonna
So basicly you are against anyone having an opposing opinion as you? That's quite american or at least what we tell our selves is american.

AND THIS!!!!
Against everyone having an opposion opinion as you is what most people call America!? Have you noticed we're one of the, if not THE, most racially and religiously diverse nations IN THE WORLD!?!? Good LORD. Being accepting is PERFECTLY American. Read up, for me, on some of the rules that apply to foreigners in Asian country's. China, for example, it's still acceptable to call white people gwailo (sp?..). It means white ghost. Wanna know what black people are called? Take a guess. And yes, my friend came to America from Hong Kong not 4 years ago...so I know this is pretty recent. Go ahead and say those things to me, but don't try drag America into this AGAIN.

This is what I mean. All my threads always just evolve into me arguing against like 3 or 4 Bush bashers, America haters...etc. etc.

[Edited on 29-8-2004 by Herman]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
If I wrote an artical about how much I hated Mexico (No, I don't really hate Mexico). And said that all they ever do is run around, play soccer, cross our border, and eat tacco's; people would get pissed!!!!

I bet you'd make millions selling the script to SouthPark actually. And would be crowned the "new Dave Chappelle" and get a $50 million contract for being the funniest racist in America. Start your Mexico bashing thread. What do we care?

I mean, all those Bush bashing threads; couldn't they all just be put into one thread?

As tempting as it is to merge the entire Internet into one giant Uber Thread (and believe me, it is tempting)... we are sadly unable to fulfill your ransom demands at this time. Though I applaud the sheer evil genius of creating a single "free speech zone" on ATS specifically for bashing Bush since half the country and most of the world would be forced to join our happy little community.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

If I wrote an artical about how much I hated Mexico (No, I don't really hate Mexico). And said that all they ever do is run around, play soccer, cross our border, and eat tacco's; people would get pissed!!!!

I bet you'd make millions selling the script to SouthPark actually. And would be crowned the "new Dave Chappelle" and get a $50 million contract for being the funniest racist in America. Start your Mexico bashing thread. What do we care?

I mean, all those Bush bashing threads; couldn't they all just be put into one thread?

As tempting as it is to merge the entire Internet into one giant Uber Thread (and believe me, it is tempting)... we are sadly unable to fulfill your ransom demands at this time. Though I applaud the sheer evil genius of creating a single "free speech zone" on ATS specifically for bashing Bush since half the country and most of the world would be forced to join our happy little community.

*Sigh*. All I'm talking about is all these Bush bashing threads...why do there need to be so many!? I mean, on ATS, if there are two threads that are about the same thing, they're usually locked, or deleted. There are so many threads about Bush that are almost identical to one another. That's another thing I was talking about, my words are constantly being twisted! You're a moderator for God's sake! Because I said that the Bush bashing threads should be ONE thread because they're all the same, it means that I want the whole internet into one big site?????? And no, if I started a Mexico bashing thread in the political section, it would be deleted.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

That's another thing I was talking about, my words are constantly being twisted! You're a moderator for God's sake! Because I said that the Bush bashing threads should be ONE thread because they're all the same, it means that I want the whole internet into one big site?????? And no, if I started a Mexico bashing thread in the political section, it would be deleted.

Dude, I'm not even being serious. I'm just distracting you while NetChicken sneaks up behind you with the net.

We'll have you reprogrammed and bashing Bush soon.

One of us.

One of us.

One of us.

One of US!

I'm still just kidding by the way, but nice to see you haven't really "had it" with ATS.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
RANT you crack me up. Sometimes you seem so dry, and other times you are so funny.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

That's another thing I was talking about, my words are constantly being twisted! You're a moderator for God's sake! Because I said that the Bush bashing threads should be ONE thread because they're all the same, it means that I want the whole internet into one big site?????? And no, if I started a Mexico bashing thread in the political section, it would be deleted.

Dude, I'm not even being serious. I'm just distracting you while NetChicken sneaks up behind you with the net.

We'll have you reprogrammed and bashing Bush soon.

One of us.

One of us.

One of us.

One of US!

I'm still just kidding by the way, but nice to see you haven't really "had it" with ATS.

I had a feeling
. And no, I haven't completely had it with ATS. I'm just sick of alot of BTS for now. I'm still going to check up on things.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Ok - first off...At ATS, you can tell who authored the thread and who the last poster was, right?

So if you hate and despise anti-bush PR....why go and read a thread authored by someone who's member is Illuminati-NWO?

Like you said...there are plenty of people on ATS who know what's up...who have an education and who take their posts seriously...then there's people who waste away their lives on the internet spitting out BS and annoying people such as yourself for no other reason than to laugh at your response....

Post where you want to post...read what you want to read...ignore the rest - ATS is what you make of it - no one's asking you to become a radical liberal - but even ATS offers you with such a wide spectrum of people that it enables you the opportunity to meet and chat with people who just may be able to change your viewpoint on some things in a positive way....

Like just look at our little arguement on ebonics I had with you....I wasn't getting mad or trying to change everything you believed in, but I stepped up with facts and proof that held some sway - I know I didn't change your perspective, but maybe I got you thinking in a different direction....

All my point here is...you obviously see this is a problem, which has been addressed in many other threads....but the truly devoted people will stay here b/c they know what ATS has to offer at its very core

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
Ok - first off...At ATS, you can tell who authored the thread and who the last poster was, right?

So if you hate and despise anti-bush PR....why go and read a thread authored by someone who's member is Illuminati-NWO?

Like you said...there are plenty of people on ATS who know what's up...who have an education and who take their posts seriously...then there's people who waste away their lives on the internet spitting out BS and annoying people such as yourself for no other reason than to laugh at your response....

Post where you want to post...read what you want to read...ignore the rest - ATS is what you make of it - no one's asking you to become a radical liberal - but even ATS offers you with such a wide spectrum of people that it enables you the opportunity to meet and chat with people who just may be able to change your viewpoint on some things in a positive way....

Like just look at our little arguement on ebonics I had with you....I wasn't getting mad or trying to change everything you believed in, but I stepped up with facts and proof that held some sway - I know I didn't change your perspective, but maybe I got you thinking in a different direction....

All my point here is...you obviously see this is a problem, which has been addressed in many other threads....but the truly devoted people will stay here b/c they know what ATS has to offer at its very core

Yeah, true. And no, I'm still incredibly annoyed by ebonics. Well....not just the way African Americans speak, I don't care about that. The gangster crap still annoys me. Actually, that's all that ever annoyed me.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
So someone posting something against the most disliked nation in the world is racism because it was posted by a lefist... maybe so...

But i dont see the right screaming racsist when people say 'Muslims are terrorists', or 'Islam is a violent religion'... No the right wont defend racism unless its against them... in fact the right dont really care about anything unless it affects them directly...

As for anti bush threads... well i admit they are getting old, doesnt it tell you something about Bush... He's not this great leader leading the world on a heroic mission... he's a useless leader who has turned the sympathy the world had for the us post 9/11, into hatred and fear... In less than 3 years Bush has completely flipped the USA's international image from Victim to Aggressor... but i guess the USA doesnt care about the world, coz to the USA, the USA is the world...

If you dont like a thread Herman, dont read it... you had the same rant previously, just worded differently, and it seems you still look for threads that piss you off

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
So someone posting something against the most disliked nation in the world is racism because it was posted by a lefist... maybe so...

Because it was posted by a leftist? No, that's not the reason at all!

Go get your ten-billionth burger, America. Fatten your already fat asses with bacteria-and-hormone-ridden meat and do nothing as you sit stupefied before your mind-numbing television sets awaiting the next episode of sad families being humiliated on "Cops."

Are you denying that that statement is racist? Are you saying that it's only racist because it was said by a "Leftist"....? I don't know how you could possible think that. It's racist because it's racist.

But i dont see the right screaming racsist when people say 'Muslims are terrorists', or 'Islam is a violent religion'... No the right wont defend racism unless its against them... in fact the right dont really care about anything unless it affects them directly...

Not true, not true at all. If ever someone said something like "Islam is a violent religion" me, and the majority of the right-wingers would correct them. The truth is that it's the religious fanatics that twist it, turning it into a violent thing. You stereo type conservatives into racists. The truth is that they don't concede to political correctness.

As for anti bush threads... well i admit they are getting old, doesnt it tell you something about Bush... He's not this great leader leading the world on a heroic mission... he's a useless leader who has turned the sympathy the world had for the us post 9/11, into hatred and fear... In less than 3 years Bush has completely flipped the USA's international image from Victim to Aggressor... but i guess the USA doesnt care about the world, coz to the USA, the USA is the world...

Just because something isn't popular, doesn't mean that it's bad, or not a worthy cause. I'm sure there were plenty of people protesting the revolutionary war, and that succeeded. I brought this quote up in another thread, "Real courage is doing the right thing when everyone else around you is doing wrong". Although it doesn't apply directly, I think it still says alot.

If you dont like a thread Herman, dont read it... you had the same rant previously, just worded differently, and it seems you still look for threads that piss you off

Well, you're half right. I actually made this thread to say that I wasn't coming back. But, as I thought, it was turned into an argument. I don't like leaving in the middle of a conflict.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
good bye

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Herman, i am honestly yet to see anyone from the right defend Islam when an anti Islamic post is created, i see many people i know are leftists defend them, but never anyone i know are from the right. As for the Anti-America thread, well it may be a little racist (though i may sympathise with the poster), but my point was i dont see you getting worked up by racsism against anyone else...

and Bush is not a good leader, a good leader does what is best for his country... protecting the rich and denying the poor is only doing what is best for the rich minority... making your country more of a terror target and displacing 1000's and 1000's of people who already have anti US sentiment, thus giving terrorism more potential, and easy, recruits... thats not good for your country either... Bush is not a good leader, anyone looking on can see this, and half of your country can see this.

[Edited on 29-8-2004 by specialasianX]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
Herman, i am honestly yet to see anyone from the right defend Islam when an anti Islamic post is created, i see many people i know are leftists defend them, but never anyone i know are from the right. As for the Anti-America thread, well it may be a little racist (though i may sympathise with the poster), but my point was i dont see you getting worked up by racsism against anyone else...

and Bush is not a good leader, a good leader does what is best for his country... protecting the rich and denying the poor is only doing what is best for the rich minority... making your country more of a terror target and displacing 1000's and 1000's of people who already have anti US sentiment, thus giving terrorism more potential, and easy, recruits... thats not good for your country either... Bush is not a good leader, anyone looking on can see this, and half of your country can see this.

[Edited on 29-8-2004 by specialasianX]

Yes, I do get worked up with ANY kind of racism. And any educated right-winger will also stand up for the islamic culture. We are, as a matter of fact, fighting FOR them. Protecting the rich? Good, the rich are starting to need it. 40% taxes is just wrong. We should all be taxed the same percentage. You call lowering taxes for the rich denying the poor? Right now, the upper class is still taxed much more than the lower class. Is that right? No, it's not right at all. Taxes are based off of percentage. If it's the same percentage, the rich are still paying more, but it's taking the same dent in them as it is in the lower-class people. That's what's right. Take someone who makes 100,000 a year, and someone who makes 50,000 a year. Should the person who makes 100,000 a year pay more money? Yes. Should he be taxed a greater percentage? No. If you take 10% of 100,000, it makes 10,000. If you take 10% of 50,000, it makes 5,000. The same percentage, the same dent. That's what's right, not the rich getting punished for their success.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I siagree Herman, i think the more you earn, the more you should be paying in tax (percentage wise)... There are people who earn so littlem that after tax they cant afford the essentials of life... people on such low incomes shoudl not be txed at all, and the people making billions and billions of dollars a year should be taxed more because they dont 'need' the money as much as those on the lower end of the scale.

Even someone on a decent income like myself finds it hard to make ends meet, while there are many rich people out there who live lifes of luxury, exploiting the poor who work for them so they can make that few extra million a year... The rich get richer and the poor get poorer and thats not the way it should be... we are supposed to have a classless society but its not the way it is...

If i earnt millions a year, i would be more than happy to pay a higher tax rate.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Actually, I said that they should both be taxed the same percentage. See, if they're both taxed the same percentage, then it's still putting the same dent into both of them. I don't think the taxes should be so high that the poor people can't afford them, I think it should be something like 10%. If someone with 1,000,000 dollars is taxed 10 percent...they wind up giving 100,000 dollars. Someone with 50,000 winds up only paying 5,000. That seems fair to me. The same percentage. The rich person is still paying more.. Of course, I think that in some certain cases, there should maybe be support for people that really can't make ends meet with those rates.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join