It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hank Williams Jr. / Monday Night Football ...two questions for football fans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
These two questions are for those who regularly watch football.

Now that Hank Williams will not be duing the opening for monday night football will you stop watching monday night football ?

If Hank Williams was still duing the opening for monday night football would you stop watching monday night football ?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I didn't find what he said insulting at all, it's his opinion, i've called Obama worse.

So it doesn't bother me either way.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
These two questions are for those who regularly watch football.

Now that Hank Williams will not be duing the opening for monday night football will you stop watching monday night football ?

If Hank Williams was still duing the opening for monday night football would you stop watching monday night football ?

The Hank Williams Jr. opening has been embarrassingly outdated for a long, long time now, and arguably seemed to appeal primarily to the deaf and retarded (and drunk). I haven't been watching much football lately, but that has nothing to do either way with Hank Williams's crappy opening. It's because I have better things to do with my time on Monday nights.

Like Occupy some local building I believe somehow has something to do with the distribution of wealth in America, for some unknown reason. Mostly for the chicks, I guess.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Im not sure anyone tunes in to see Hank Williams do the exact same intro every week with different team names. It makes no difference to me at all. If it was up to me, they would get rid of all the intros and BS pregame routines, and just get straight to the game. I cant really imagine anybody who regularly watches Monday Night Football to all of a sudden stop watching because of this minuscule change in the beginning of the program. And if they say they are, I am willing to bet that they are lying.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I don't think what he said was any worse than what the CBC has said about U.S. citizens, and declaring war on them, or calling them racists and wanting blacks swinging from trees. I'll still watch MNF though, if the Donkeys are playing.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cheesefacedogbone
Im not sure anyone tunes in to see Hank Williams do the exact same intro every week with different team names.

He certainly isn't Faith Hill in tight leather pants, is he?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

No ofcourse not. And if he was still doing the intro I would still watch monday night football.

But it will be different though. I mean if your a long time football fan your big on tradition. Are you ready for some football? signifies to me hey this is Monday Night Football. I mean I guess the first couple of weeks will be a bit weird.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Never heard of him.

Diffinitely doesnt play for any decent team ive ever heard of, like man united, haha

top topics

join