It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Downplaying Ron Paul's Values Voters Victory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
We've all heard of and are well aware of how the media ignores and marginalizes Ron Paul. This particular article gathers together some of the headlines from various sources in order to illustrate how this is happening.

I think seeing it pointed out clearly can help us all to identify it when we see it and point it out to others and thus help Ron Paul in his campaign.

Again, we have all heard how when/if Ron Paul wins in a poll, it means nothing, whereas if someone else wins, it is all important.

This from Business Insider:

And, basically the same, from CBS News:

And here we have Fox Nation taking away from the importance of Ron Paul's win over Cain by proclaiming they BOTH won:

And, again downplaying the win:

Lastly, from The Atlantic; they are labeling him as a libertarian when he is running as a Republican. Kind of puts him out of the winning-picture, no?

Source of pics and also there are more examples for you to check out.

We already know Ron Paul can put up with media scrutiny and bias and still stick to his agenda. These examples above and his steadfastness through it all, to me, prove him to be a viable candidate.

Hope you find these examples enlightening. Ron Paul 2012!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Yep, as far as I've read (And I haven't researched too heavily so if I'm wrong, I apologize), there is no evidence of ballot stuffing or anything illicit. The new agenda, also espoused by FOX, is that Paul's "crazy, fanatical" supporters make the polls and straw polls untrustworthy.
Riiiiiight, left and right wing media.
When both of the fake ideologies come after you, you are doing something right.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by radosta

You would think Mitt Romney has some 'crazy/fanatical' supporters in the Mormons. Why aren't they 'stuffing the boxes'?

Of course Ron Paul has crazy/fanatical supporters...we want this damn country run right and we want it NOW.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Straw polls mean nothing at the end of the the day. But you know, if these politicians want to waste the time and money to win them.... knock yourself out.

Look at Michelle Bachmann - she purchased a straw poll win of her own, and look at where she is now...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil
Straw polls mean nothing at the end of the the day. But you know, if these politicians want to waste the time and money to win them.... knock yourself out.

Look at Michelle Bachmann - she purchased a straw poll win of her own, and look at where she is now...

At which Ron Paul was a very close second. And he is still winning them, without buying them, mind you. So yes, let's look at where she is now. Wait...where is she?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil

I hear you, and you are, of course correct. However, the media coverage is the difference being pointed out here. When Bachman won that straw poll, she was hailed as the next great thing by FOX and was given a lot of coverage by the other MSM as if it meant something. When Paul wins, it's like, "Oh, that doesn't mean anything. Those crazy fanatics have skewed the polls."

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well, at least it's not another internet poll.

'Course I'm not surprised that an anti-worker, anti-abortion, pro-jesus-in-washington candidate might win over the guy who worships Space Jesus in a "values voters" contest.
edit on 10/10/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Good job at putting this bias against Ron Paul in the media out there once again.
Too bad all the liberals on here only see media bias for what it is when it's against Obama. They'll be here shortly to Bash Paul once again, and talk about how straw polls are useless and internet polls are rigged blah blah blah.

ETA: Oh look, one appeared as I was writing this.

Maybe Jon Stewart can do another 500 shows about this. Comedy shows are apparently the only place where you can get a REAL assessment of what is actually happening these days.

edit on 10-10-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Well, at least it's not another internet poll.

'Course I'm not surprised that an anti-worker, anti-abortion, pro-jesus-in-washington candidate might win over the guy who worships Space Jesus in a "values voters" contest.
edit on 10/10/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

Thank you for your non-biased, logical thoughts...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Much like the OP, here's a recent funny video that puts this media bias in perspective lol.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I was there and voted for the most worthy and intelligent candidate, Ron Paul. I think I contributed to his image, but can't say as much for some of the rest of his supporters. After the results were announced, (not long after Glenn Beck stepped off stage) Ron Paul's win got lots of whooping and hollering, which is not exactly the kind of behavior that fits in with the crowd at Value Voters summit. I did not approve of the gloating which Ron Paul supporters engaged in after the results was announced, and I made sure to communicate this to as many people as possible in a humble fashion. Regardless, the damage was done. And I am sure the fact that this uproar did not sit well with the regular Value Voters might have been cause enough for such baseless accusations to arise.

Although I was not there for his speech earlier in the morning, I did get to shake the man's hand and tell him I have had his bumper sticker since 2008. I think he is a great great man and we would be honored to have him as our president (not sure we even deserve it really).

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Great example of the MSM Blatantly disregarding a presidential candidate based solely on Orders from Higher Up . Karl "The Weasel" Rove and Poll Boy Dick must be quite Irate right now.........LOL
edit on 10-10-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Weird I have always thought of Ron Paul as more of a social conservative. Social conservative to the States, and strict Constitutional adherence for the Federal government.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

How true that is, was just talking to my grandpa about the elections. He said he wanted to know more about Ron Paul but they never talked about him. He was angry about how the media tells us who to vote for. I wish knew when we lost our muckrakers and true journalist. When did America become a nation built on Propaganda and division?
edit on 10/10/2011 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mcupobob

Seems to me you need to introduce your grandpa to YouTube . Most of Ron Paul's Speeches and Interviews can be found there .

www.youtube.com...
edit on 10-10-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

I would, unfortunately getting my grandpa familiar with youtube would be like trying to teach a child how to swim over the phone. Not going to happen. Though I'll see what I can do, he knows how to email stuff well and good.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Mcupobob

Easy . Put your Comps Monitor Near his T.V. and then you Surf the Web for him . Better than Who's the Boss Reruns , eh ? ..........

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

He lives three states away from me. So can't do that

Ron Paul 2012(using this as my second line)

top topics

join