It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharpton to Broadcast from Occupy Wall Street Protests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
That Sharpton will be broadcasting from Zucotti Park is in my opinion a much less important topic than what is represented in the rest of this article.

It is becoming quite clear that this OWS movement has now been championed by the Democrats in DC.

Do the OWS supporters agree with the elected Democrats jumping on this bandwagon?

Do OWS supporters feel that their movement is being highjacked, much like the original Tea Partiers?

One thing is for sure, both parties in DC feel threatened enough to make sure that they try and absorb either movement as a cause that they champion.

Question is.... Are we going to fall for this?

www.cnn.com

The Rev. Al Sharpton will bring his nationally syndicated radio show to lower Manhattan Monday as the Occupy Wall Street demonstrations enter their 24th day.
Sharpton, an outspoken civil rights activist and talk show host, will broadcast from Zuccotti Park, where the protests are based, according to his National Action Network.

For any of you who have listened to the Above Politics show on Tuesday know, I respect the OWS's right to protest, while I may not agree with their unfocused message, I do worry for the folks as other elements step in to stir the pot, that the OWS effort will be swallowed up in someone elses agenda. Will the OWS folks recognize and condemn those efforts?

I think that there are enough disgruntled, angry and disappointed citizens on both sides of the aisle to do the right thing next November, and for me that would be the complete and total makeover of the US Congress..

Anyone who could be considered a career politician should be getting a pink slip..

Let's put fresh faces in DC, from both sides of the political spectrum, those untainted by lobbyists, those willing to agree that compromise is the key to making sure that any legislation passed holds the interests of the citizens at heart and not the big money campaign contributors. Add to that a President who is willing to be a leader, a mediator, and we just might have half a chance to get the country moving in the right direction..

/rant whew

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
So the protest is pretty much over and is being hijacked

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

I think it is in the midst of being highjacked, I do still think that there is time for the original OWSers to take back control... if they want to..

join