It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Perry - Rails on Iran, Accepts money from Koch Industries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Tisk tisk... more Republican hypocrisy.

It's too bad the nomination will end up coming down to Mr Perry or Mr Romney, isn't it folks?

motherjones.com... erJones.com+Main+Article+Feed%29

Texas Gov. Rick Perry rails against Iran's "extremist, repressive ideology." He condemns any company who does business with "a terrorist state like Iran" for aiding a country that wants to kill American troops. And as governor, he told his state's biggest investment funds to divest from all companies with Iran ties; continuing such investments, he explained, was "investing in terrorism."

But now Perry, a top contender for the GOP presidential nomination, has an Iran problem: One of his most high-profile donors, Koch Industries for years did business with Iran, helping to grow the Iranian energy industry. Which means that at the same time he was slamming companies profiting off of business with Iran, Perry was pocketing campaign cash from a company doing just that.

edit on 10-10-2011 by negativenihil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by negativenihil

Just a quick read through their wiki page makes my skin crawl: www.sourcewatch.org...

Koch is without a doubt an enemy to ANY living creature on Earth. Their global reach may make them the single worst company for the environment in the world. Perry is hardly the only politician to take money from them and I bet you can find both sides of the aisle in America taking in their donations. Hell, I bet they bribe politicians around the world to keep doing what they've done for nearly a century.

join