It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American economists win Nobel: Really, still givin'em out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Source

I hope the winners donate the money for their work researching "the two-way relationship between policy and the economy". The peeps here at ATS figured that out a long time ago. I am not a economist, however I did go to grad. school for business and the most I got out of it was how to take advantage of a given situation.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Might as well, even Barry has one. I understand Mad magazine is on the "short list" for the prize in literature. The Nobel Prize has become a joke.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
lol nobel's , obama and gore getting one is enough for me to know its nothing more then smoke and mirrors

nobel lost respect from me long time ago .

Even if they were to give me one i would not accept untill they take back the fraud ones they handed out

nobel = prize in cereal boxes value to me now

now american economists ? lol

friends in high places really does pay off sometimes .

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I was expecting the Monsanto corporation to be awarded some kind of Nobel Prize for donating so many tons of GMO seeds to countries in need.

The Nobel Prize is a joke....like Forbes' Company of the Year, Time's Man of the Year etc. etc. People who believe in this stuff probably think their votes count and the candidates are sincere.

I think the Nobel Prize should be handed out at the yearly bash at the Bohemian Grove.

edit on 10/10/11 by RainbeauBleu because: added numerous smiley faces!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Two American economists won the Nobel Prize for economics on Monday for their work studying how changes in government policies or economic shocks affect a nation's economy.

While the global economy has been shaken by a series of shocks and policy responses, Sims said the research that won the award doesn't have any direct solutions for what ails various countries.

So they won an award for researching how bad this cluster*&#* was/is?

Shouldn't they hold back on such an award, until they research how to fix the economy? And implement or at least suggest the proper steps to fix that economy?

This is just stupid. They could give out awards for stupidity, but I guess there would be too many recipients

The Nobel Prize committee should start with themselves.....

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
lol nobel's , obama and gore getting one is enough for me to know its nothing more then smoke and mirrors

nobel lost respect from me long time ago .

Go back a few years; it's even worse. Henry Kissinger and Yasser Arafat got Nobel PEACE prizes, for crying out loud.

top topics

join