It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cain: " Why Don't You Move the Demonstrations To the White House?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

(CNSNews.com) - Republican presidential nominee candidate Herman Cain called for the Occupy Wall Street protestors to relocate to the White House, in remarks he made Friday at the Family Research Council’s annual Values Voter Summit, in Washington, D.C.

“When a reporter asked me the other day, well, what do you think about those demonstrations up on Wall Street, I said, first of all, Wall Street didn’t write these failed economic policies -- the White House did,” said Cain. He then added, “Why don’t you move the demonstrations to the White House?”

"Wall Street didn’t write those failed policies, Wall Street didn’t spend a trillion dollars,” said Cain. “Wall Street isn’t asking to spend another $450 billion. It didn’t work with a trillion. It’s not gonna’ work with $450 billion. You can demonstrate all you want on Wall Street. The problem is 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue!”

Cain also quoted the Declaration of Independence, stating that “it is the right of the people to alter and to abolish” the government. “We’ve got some altering and abolishing to do!” he said.

CNSNews.com

How can anyone possibly say this man has it wrong? I remember in a televised address, I believe it was about the Gulf Oil spill when it first happened. Obama said "if you throw enough money into any idea, finally something will stick". I will look for the transcript........

This is exactly what he and his administration did, and where did it get us? Forget America, Obama needs to WAKE UP! We are awake, hopefully enough to elect a leader for a "change".

Your thoughts?

Thanks,
Pax

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

They cant relocate to the White House, they have been set up and sent by the White House.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Mr. Cain's 100% right, but the kool-aid drinkers at OWS are branding him a trader, ect. And that's what I've been saying for awhile, I mean, they had no problem doing protests in DC when President Bush was in office, no problem at all.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The White House and the Federal Reserve...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Waitaminute - the White House increased unemployment? The White House forces people out of their houses via expropriation?

Man, and I thought that there was a problem with the stock exchange, the FED or subprimes or COD or...
Of course, it was all coming from the White House - maliciously spending billions to increase job security. They should have given that money directly to the rich guys, to whom it conveniently belongs to.
Leave Wallstreet Alone, you 99%er!

/sarcasm off

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Wall Street made away with an undisclosed fortune in 2008 and have repeatedly defrauded the American citizen for decades more. The Federal Reserve Act WAS in fact written by Wall Street bankers, and of course Mr. Cain understands this. He also understands that protesting the White House will have no real effect and does not want attention drawn to the real culprits in Manhattan. As I said before, he must believe that Rosa Parks should have written her congressman and the "sit-ins" in the 60's were apparently just jealous misguided youth unfairly targeting business owners who were creating jobs.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The White House, Fort Knox, Monsanto, the Federal Reserve, the Treasury department, each and every governor's mansion, the Pentagon, etc., etc........

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Wow, Mr. Cain. I've been saying this for weeks.

Not like that'll happen though. MoveOn, Adbusters the unions, Van Jones; all don't want to upset the boss.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Why the hell do we need to MOVE 'EM,just start a whole new one over there(White House) tooo!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Don't get distracted Cain is in the same league as the traitors you are sick of what is his story throughout his political career not an American so wouldn't know that part. The only one who seems to be the only sane one over there is Ron Paul has reasonable ways of getting rid of the debt your country has achieved. As stated before who else wants to get rid of the FED anyone remember it took 10 years for thos crooks to make your country broke.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I think that they should move to DC as well, however, the place where they should be directing their message is Congress, they are the one's who had the opportunity to protect the citizens' interests and chose to protect their political interests instead.

All of them need to go...

It seems that most folks agree that Congress is a huge part of the problem, but when push comes to shove, those organized to vent their anger at the current state of the US economy, choose to focus on everything but the ultimate culprit?

edit on Mon, 10 Oct 2011 09:23:12 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: sp

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
"Hey protesters, do my job for me"

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
curious that he left out the republican lead house of reps

this wouldn't be because he is a republican running for potus ?

and what about greenspan ? can we have his address for deregulating the derivatives because he didn't think the banks would be greedy ?

who appointed greenspan ?

this country needs demonstrations at every fed bank, and ALL levels of gov't from the WH to the senate to the house to your local town hall

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
www.freerepublic.com...

I would love to see Mr Cain address this before making statements like that.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

Before you slam the man why don't you look at his background and what he supports. He may be running in the Republican party, but that is only because there is not a third party called "Ballsy and Brilliant"!

graduated from Morehouse College in 1967 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in mathematics and received a Master of Science degree in computer science from Purdue University in 1971, [8] while he was also working full-time in ballistics for the U.S. Department of the Navy. Cain has authored four books: Leadership is Common Sense (1997), Speak as a Leader (1999), CEO of SELF (October 2001), and They Think You're Stupid (May 2005). He also authored an article titled "The Intangibles of Implementation" in the technical journal Int

After completing his master's degree from Purdue, Cain left the Department of the Navy and began working for The Coca-Cola Company as a business analyst. In 1977, he joined Pillsbury where he rose to the position of Vice President by the early 1980s. He left his executive post to work for Burger King –a Pillsbury subsidiary at the time –managing 400 stores in the Philadelphia area. Under Cain's leadership, his region went from the least profitable for Burger King to the most profitable in three years. This prompted Pillsbury to appoint him President and CEO of Godfather's Pizza, another of their then-subsidiaries.

Within 14 months, Cain had returned Godfather's to profitability. In 1988, Cain and a group of investors bought Godfather's from Pillsbury. Cain continued as CEO until 1996, when he resigned to become CEO of the National Restaurant Association –a trade group and lobby organization for the restaurant industry –where he had previously been chairman concurrently with his role at Godfather's. [9] Cain became a member of the board of directors to the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City in 1992 and served as its chairman from January 1995 to August 1996, when he resigned to become active in national politics. Cain was a 1996 recipient of the Horatio Alger Award.

Here is more of what Cain supports:

Cain supports a non-federally subsidized efficient economic stimulus, saying: "We could grow this economy faster if we had bolder, more direct stimulus policies," criticizing President Barack Obama's stimulus plan as simply a "spending bill" instead of meaningful stimulus through permanent tax cuts.

Are we to believe that anyone whom has made it in a successful business career is evil? Honestly, people think.

Thanks for your comments,
Pax

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
curious that he left out the republican lead house of reps

this wouldn't be because he is a republican running for potus ?

The republican lead house was not around when Obama was funded and installed by Wall Street. Nancy Pelosi was the House Majority leader at the time of the bailouts and the shovel ready job (lol) stimulus.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Cain has it wrong, they should be at the White House AND the greedy corrupt corporate banks.

Remember, it is a fact we live in a fascist state so both parties are held accountable. That isn't to say that the people are somewhat accountable as well. I see this as Cain comes from a corporate background and thinks we should completely lay off of the corporations and private interests that played a large part in the ruin of this country.

That being said, I like some of what his persona portrays but I'm well aware of what he's done and what he's currently doing and he'll never get my support. He has no history of protecting the constitution, no way to show me he will take his oath seriously, just like how Obama did (even though he was a professor of constitutional law, how ironic is that).

top topics

join