It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Centre of the Milky Way Looks Like a Hand reaching for a Star.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The Centre of the Milky Way Looks Like a Hand reaching for a Star, I say this if you look closely it has four fingers and a thumb.

I will go Biblical because of the Adam and Eve story about God's warning of not touching the the tree of knowledge in the middle of the Garden/Galaxy so to speak, it has an uncanny resemblance to that story and the centre of the Milky Way has been hidden from us untill now.

Then add the 2012 planetary alignments to correspond with the centre of the Milky way, some say it is like a door openning, some say it is the end, maybe the beginning of the end.

You can move the picture accross with the side bars and see the wrist with a blue light emitting from it. Hope that is not reference to the mark of the beast, it could be reference to the seal of God its opposite.

The bright blue light in the wrist could symbolise the nail in the wrist of Christ, if you see it in a transparent point of view like an X-ray

I will let you carry on my analogy see what you think.

edit on 10-10-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
IDK about a hand, but I might see like the first finger knuckle area. Anyway that would be pretty wild but seems a little far fetched...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Sorry bud...I don't see it...it's a beautiful picture though and makes me feel really small. thanks for sharing though. We always tend to see what we want in pics like these.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
It looks like a vast galactic cloud of dust and gas with stars all over the place.

Nah I'm just joking, I see what you are talking about.
It's like cloud-gazing.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Hmm I have to look really hard to figure that
out. Why is this in Space Exploration again?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The Keyhole nebula part of the Carina nebula looks like that big foam finger you see at sports events, (We're #1).

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
This one looks a bit more like a hand

news.nationalgeographic.com...

April 6, 2009--A new x-ray image has revealed an unusual hand-shaped nebula that brings a whole new meaning to the expression "reach for the stars."

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Not so much.

It does look like a hot chick bending over to pick up the car keys she just droppped though.
You can see the guy behind her with a look on his face like "Daaaaamn girl".
And her husband is standing off to the side, over to the left, and he has a look on his face like he wants to rip the first guys head off but doesn't because there is obviously a cop across the street.
Incidentally it looks like the cop is checking her out too!

Guess we all see what we want to see.
edit on 10-10-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Very cool, go check out the hand of god nebula

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It's silly to watch people relegate their dieties to clouds of gas and say that because they are large, they are large enough to house their god or gods.

If the biblical concept of god was a hand in space, could it do what was done in the Bible?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord

I see the profile of a bearded man, with a crown on his head, exhaling a blue ball of light.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
The Keyhole nebula part of the Carina nebula looks like that big foam finger you see at sports events, (We're #1).

Hmmm. Index fnger? Really?
I was thinking it looked like the next finger over (and I don't mean the thumb).

By the way, while the OP's picture is beautiful, this is not exactly what we would "see" if we were there. The OP's image is a combination of Infrared, near-infrared, and X-rays -- NOT visible light.

So this is not exactly what the center of the galaxy would look like to our human eyes.

We actually don't know what it looks like in visible light, because there is too much dust obscuring the galactic center from our eyes -- and we can't see visible light through that dust.

edit on 10/10/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by Illustronic

Hmmm. Index fnger? Really?
I was thinking it looked like the next finger over (and I don't mean the thumb).

That's not nice. Hold your right hand out in front of you palm facing. Point your index finger up, curl your other three fingers to your palm. Now bend your thumb to try and touch the near index knuckle. See?

I do agree that all of the light out of our visual spectrum given a value we can see is beautiful. Does anybody ever wonder what that light beyond our spectrum really looks like? Not just more red, or violet, or blue, but something else we never have seen.

Center of the Milky Way too dusty to see, not milky but dusty, not nougat topped with caramel, but it is a bar at the center of the Milky Way, and it's serving up kamikazes.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
What I see is that the world as we know it is closed from what is really out there and they don't want you to know it, there are better galaxy nebular pictures that look almost Biblical in what they are depicting. Somethings you can not see are are hidden from us anyway, even in invisible light because to be honest God's work has invisible elements as it is read. It is like wearing shades you see the clouds polarised and the light filters differently through it, what we see is not necessarily the way we think it is and the truth is hidden from us.

It is said that the Milky Way spiral arms depict the serpent wrapped around ancients used that notion for thousands of years, and it is very fitting how this latest unknowable image till now fits that alegory, but again I let you speculate.

If people can draw an outline of what they see do it using with less lines than the one I will use I might be convinced it does not look like a hand. A bit like the constellations only so many conbinations of what they could look like. I will have to do an out line drawing my self that way it might make sense stay tuned.

Maybe the world is perception aswell, no right and wrong just the knowledge of good and evil.

Then again what is fuss about religion and salvation if that was the case so I doubt that theory exists, we all age with time no one stays youthful.

I would not be surprised if cops were on this site, lots off lunes about here but glad they are here it might makes sense that everything we are told in the media and news is not what it seems and they are prawns of the bigger picture, they might learn something too.
How else is the government going to force people to have the mark of the beast and bring in draconian laws, Politicans is not coming round your house in person to do it when the stage is set they need an army of followers first, not accusing anyone here, just an example.

There are some funny Nebulars out there.

edit on 11-10-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Sometimes my typing is really poor don't let that put you off.
What do people think so far, are there other examples, astomoners always name certain nebulars because of the way they look.
Any more examples?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
How do we know what the centre of the galaxy looks like? Not trying to be rude or anything but i'm just curious... Our telescopes can't peer into a single crater on the moon but we can see the entire galaxy? How...?

Anyway, cool pic though.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by aRogue
How do we know what the centre of the galaxy looks like? Not trying to be rude or anything but i'm just curious... Our telescopes can't peer into a single crater on the moon but we can see the entire galaxy? How...?

Anyway, cool pic though.

Obviously the moon is solid matter, but is it could be a painting - Just joking. It is because they are using invisible light sources to see through the gas clouds blocking the centre of the galaxy, the ancients saw that spiral arm as the serpent eating its own tail. Now we can see through it and funnily enough it looks like a hand reaching for something relating to the forbidden ruite story. The Bible says we will be like the stars in heaven one day, maybe there is truth in that.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
What trips me out MOST about our solar system, and the planet we live in, specifically, is the fact that we're suspended in mid-air, surrounded by nothingness! Pretty amazing, if you ask me! We're actually floating in space.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U
What trips me out MOST about our solar system, and the planet we live in, specifically, is the fact that we're suspended in mid-air, surrounded by nothingness! Pretty amazing, if you ask me! We're actually floating in space.

That is what the Bible said long ago it is funny you appreciate it because it is amazing.

Job 26:7
King James Version (KJV)
7He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

Isaiah 40:22
King James Version (KJV)
22It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

In Isaiah it could be said God is saying he expanding the universe in our modern terms.

Genesis 22:17
17 blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore;

Scientists admit today there must be as many stars in the universe as the sand of the sea and new sand is being made all the time by the sea you can not count it anyway.

edit on 14-10-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I see the hand and the blue bracelet. It's rather easy to see. I don't know why others say they can't see it.

I would never have thought of the hand on my own, I must admit, and saw it only after the poster mentioned it in the title.

The garden/galaxy analogy was quite clever (witty) too. I don't believe the Garden of Eden story was real. It too was a clever use of symbols and imagination. Snake/apple - caveman or cave woman explaining where babies come from to their child. Victorian ethic cave people.

I think a little straying of the imagination is good for creativity and getting a moment's breather from the atrosities going on everywhere.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join