It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS: What the HELL is going on here?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Oh crap yeah, it's very different.
The folks in Atlanta were trying to reach as near a consensus as they could- not an easy thing with a large group.

A consensus- "This is what democracy looks like"

It's very different from authoritarianism.

They have to repeat b/c the crowd is large and they are not allowed to use microphones.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
i have reached a consensus here that they think they are still in school.

thats is riduculous more like mob mentality with a collective brain.

they are the borg.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Here's a clip of what the Congressman had to say.

youtube link
He compares the group consensus process to assemblies he was part of earlier in life, saying "this is not something strange or out of the ordinary for me," and he was not disappointed.

This appears to be an actual assembly as opposed to dissenter's gathering. I noticed that the dissenters were shut down. Was it "hijack" being chanted?

Here's a statement from the website:

Occupy Atlanta
All of the speakers who have attended a General Assembly in New York have followed this process. Occupy Atlanta is unaware of any exceptions. Congressman Lewis, who attended Occupy Atlanta’s 5th General Assembly on October 7, is familiar with consensus from his days as a civil rights leader but was unable to stay long enough to allow the process to unfold due to prior commitments.

Statement:

We hope that explaining our process will go a long way towards preventing any future problems or misunderstandings so that we do not inadvertently give offense to those whose voices and knowledge we would very much like to hear. We are dismayed that anything we have done would seem to show disrespect for a man whom many of us revere, and apologize to everyone who was hurt or angered by our actions.

edit on 10-10-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Do you blame them for not wanting a person who could try to take a leadership role of the protest. The news media would not care what the crowd said they would only listen to him. And then the protest would have a leader to attack. No one is a leader you can't attack the leader to destroy the protest. Welcome to chaos protest where you can;t fight them with dirty tricks you can only try to fight thier complaints. And I don't think any body can say the corruption in government and elites is a good thing.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24

What the HELL is going on here?

This is what's going on

Groupthink

edit on 10-10-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by InformationAccount

Originally posted by Awen24

What the HELL is going on here?

This is what's going on

Are you refering to the Bush family fortune.

www.guardian.co.uk...

George Bush's grandfather, the late US senator Prescott Bush, was a director and shareholder of companies that profited from their involvement with the financial backers of Nazi Germany.
The Guardian has obtained confirmation from newly discovered files in the US National Archives that a firm of which Prescott Bush was a director was involved with the financial architects of Nazism.

His business dealings, which continued until his company's assets were seized in 1942 under the Trading with the Enemy Act, has led more than 60 years later to a civil action for damages being brought in Germany against the Bush family by two former slave labourers at Auschwitz and to a hum of pre-election controversy.

The evidence has also prompted one former US Nazi war crimes prosecutor to argue that the late senator's action should have been grounds for prosecution for giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

The debate over Prescott Bush's behaviour has been bubbling under the surface for some time. There has been a steady internet chatter about the "Bush/Nazi" connection, much of it inaccurate and unfair. But the new documents, many of which were only declassified last year, show that even after America had entered the war and when there was already significant information about the Nazis' plans and policies, he worked for and profited from companies closely involved with the very German businesses that financed Hitler's rise to power. It has also been suggested that the money he made from these dealings helped to establish the Bush family fortune and set up its political dynasty.

Wait why does that seem familiar. OH! Koch Brothers tied to Tea Parties and Bush selling to Iran.

www.bloomberg.com...

Koch Brothers Flout Law Getting Richer With Secret Iran Sales

Wow! you hit the nail on the head for why they occupy wall street.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by InformationAccount

This is what's going on

Groupthink

Yes, all those top down types, Hitler, Jim Jones, Reagan, Bush, Obama, Fox News(Murdock), And the people who eat up what Murdock dishes out, make a big stink over what happens to Lewis in Atlanta, and the sheeple eat it up.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Saw this yesterday. Looks like the barn scene from Animal Farm. Drones.

And for you Tea Party haters I'll just offer this: The tea party folks that I know just believe in individual freedom and liberty. I haven't gotten any checks from these Koch brothers or whatever. Equating the tea party to OWS is just pure silliness. The two are diametrically opposed.

One is "gimme what you've earned and I haven't", the other is "I'll keep what I've earned, thanks."
edit on 10-10-2011 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join