It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS: What the HELL is going on here?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Okay, so... I saw this on a blog site, and it's left me utterly confused.
What the HELL is going on here?

It almost sounds like total brainwashing.
I don't know. The more I see of OWS, the less I like. And I'm all for the revitalisation (even replacement) of current world systems. They're broken, they don't function, and they do not serve the people they were created to empower. But this...? This is something else.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Whoa! That is off the charts bizarre!

They are like little kids or something.

What the HELL is going on here??

Talk about the Twilight Zone!!!

edit on 10-10-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

I think these are just the early days, what we want will take a lot of support and they are working to spread the message. Every day more and more people are opening their eyes and we will see the revolution evolve.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
that is bad, really bad, so bad I am cringing for every numpty repeating like a deranged cult member

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
How can people who claim to be non-conformists exhibit such grand conformity?

These contradictions in principals lead me to assume that there is a potential these folks may be under 'double-think' hypnosis.

Oh wait here's an alternate theory. This isn't actually the OWS protest group even though it appears to be at the same location, it's actually last weeks Conformity Convention.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
It's just so everyone can hear what the speaker is saying.
Very clever if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Wow, that's really creepy and I agree, it has the feel of brainwashing to it.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

It took me a while to figure out the chanting. It seemed creepy at first until I understood the underlying reason. It is the same reason they wave their hands instead of clap. The protesters repeat what someone says so that the people in the back of the assembly can hear what is being said. Not everyone has the luxury of owning a bullhorn or possessing a permit to use it.

I don't think there's any brainwashing involved, in fact I think it's clever.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Scave

That is a deception. It is done so that the communist propaganda is better internalized into the listener's subconscious mind.

Do not repeat the lies. Spit them out.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
What...the...#?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ltdan08

It feels creepy because it is

If you desire to cede your conscious mind to an external authority, go for it.

If you want to know what it like to live a bicameral existence, always seeking the guidance of an external authority, this is what it looks like. These people are being programmed and they are not conscious of it.

Do not repeat the lies.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

If you know how to tap into people's unconscious desire to be free of responsiblity and have all their actions dictated by an external authority, this is what you can do.

This is very dangerous and I would not be anywhere this programming cluster. These people are very dangerous.

Protect your precious brain. Spit out the lies.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The video is indeed bizarre, but, as they seem to believe, this is a new face to democracy, or at least that's the belief. I personally feel it's closer to a form of communism, which is fine, but, things should be called what they are or most closely resemble.

As for the chanting repetition, I'm pretty sure that stems from the days where loudspeakers weren't allowed, and is a continued practice to spread the word through the assembled crowd beyond the reach of the bull horn.

It's an agonizingly slow process, with flaws that can allow one guy to stand up and block an important speaker that's taken time to come support the cause, which is quite sad, but, at the same time too, the process is resistant to take over by talking heads.

It's not as fun as watching Taiwanese politicians having fist fights in the Legislature, for sure, but it's more entertaining than most of the business caught on C-Span.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I think it's to avoid things like this happening , caution strong language. Blessed are the cheese makers

In fact OWS has taken on many of the absurdities of Life of Brian.

I mean what have the Capitalists(Romans) ever done for us?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
in this mornings news footage...on CNBC.... which did camera pans of protestors
most with some sort of words on cardboard signs....

there was a definite absence of 'Beautiful People'....ala' lady gaga types

for the most part the crowds looked disheveled and had dreary clothing on...
looking like social outcasts more than anything else...

i think these people are being manipulated and 'played' by a team of elites to look scruffy so that the movement will fall from grace or get forgotten quickly by the middle americans
edit on 10-10-2011 by St Udio because: add D

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

There are Python references for everything it seems.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

I think you misunderstand me. I am not confusing the message with the medium. The tactic used allowing people in the back to hear is clever; the co-opting of the OWS movement, is not clever it's mean-spirited. There are very few genuine ideas and actions left for us to use against the powers. Anytime we the people come up with a good idea, it seems like it's used against us.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Okay, now I have a nice headache to go with my coffee. It reminds me of the saying that a group can only go as fast as it's slowest member. This looks like a bunch of kindergarteners are trying to assemble to talk about the introduction of an adult speaker. I couldn't watch the whole video for losing my patience. There is way too much time lost here. If this is the process that we use to try and get something done with our broken economic system, most of us are going to be buried long before any change happens. Why can't these people just sit and listen like adults to what is being said. I have seen many gatherings that go much more efficiently than this. There is no sense of urgency here, and there should be.

One thing is for sure though, this crowd seems very docile, maybe that is the whole point. Hmmm. With an anchor like this, it might be possible to bring down almost any system. I just hope that when they get to the "what do we do next?" stage, that someone steps up and quickens the pace.

Okay, alright, now I get the point. Bore them to death! I changed my mind, have at it folks, great job!

Can you imagine if there were a half a million people sitting in a circle in DC going about this type of movement. Okay, I am starting to see the light now, problem is, it is hurting my head.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Everything looks creepy when you don't know the principles of it...

Take a look at nycga.cc and look at the pamphlet and Declaration of Occupation.

This is nothing more than communication in a non-verbal way. There is no more brain washing to this, than for you yourself to take a stand in regards to what is going on in the world. You are more likely to be brain washed when you believe that there are people across the world that wants to harm your family, just because you saw something in a news broadcast.

The General Assembly devised hand gestures in order to make it easier to come to conclusions in regards to the propositions being put up by the attendees of the assembly.

You have to remember that Occupy will at no point tell any one individual what to say or think. But they do allow for anyone to say what they dislike about the current state of things. And fortunately this is a common thing amongst attendees... that we are unhappy with the state of things, where the rich are the ones to control the way of life for the rest of us.

Please... don't be affraid. Try to set yourself into understanding what Occupy is about.

We already know that some media and some politicians are trying to discredit the movement, and they are successful with those who are content with being told by their tv what to think.

Get out there on the streets and you'll see everyday normal people who are just coming together towards a common goal: A world with more economic and social equality.

No-one will tell you what to think or say... they wont tell you how to cut your hair or what clothes to wear.

But they will suggest that you accept the ways of saying "Yes" or "No" when dealing with proposals during the General Assembly. Anyone is welcome to join... without force.
edit on 10/10/11 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

What the hell is going on here. Is this any different? Are these people any less brain washed?

Here you see the above associated with some humor. I wonder how many have entered the marines expecting it to be like this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join