It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 chineese soilders killed in golden triangle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
this is the article from rt. :Eleven Chinese sailors killed in Golden Triangle
The Chinese Foreign Ministry announced on Sunday that 11 Chinese soldiers have been killed on the Mekong River near the Golden Triangle, AP reports. Two other sailors remain missing. According to the ministry’s statement, the men were killed in an attack on two Chinese cargo vessels which took place back on Wednesday. The Chinese authorities did not mention who the attackers were, but said that they had asked the Thai government to assist in the investigation. The Golden Triangle area has gained notoriety for the production and trafficking of heroin and other narcotics. Earlier in the year there was an attack on three Chinese boats along the Mekong in Myanmar, during which 34 crew members were taken hostage by pirates before being safely rescued.

This could get hairy imo the chineese are a peaceful people until they are attacked. And right now may not be the best time to goad them on
rt.com...

edit on 9-10-2011 by AllUrChips because: add link

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Yeh, you have to wonder what cargo they were carrying in order to be attacked.

I'd say it's no different to the CIA running drugs through Mexico to US.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

This is a bit odd, I know about the golden triangle but had no idea about these hostilities. Do You really think the Chinese are a peaceful people btw? The government is very brutal and responsible for many atrocities against their own people. Its not too surprising that their military has been attacked, I'm sure that the government and authorities have made a lot of enemies, there are a lot of families who have lost family members or had themselves been tortured and made to falsely confess to crimes that they never committed/

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
i wouldn't want to mess with a totalitarian communist country that executes it's people and sends a reciept for the bullet to the family members.

top topics

join