It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shiva...your thoughts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Male or Female? Good or Bad....Both?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher

Both. Neither.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

ying or yang?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
In my opinion I don't think they are confined by gender (deities) I believe they probably have the option to appear as either or by our own standards. Good or bad...they would probably be above it and pretty much do what we call "doing what you feel" having good or bad attached to it seems to be a human thing ( at least to me but then again I am still young and learning lol )

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Shiva destroys to make way for the new. One's perception of whether destruction is good or bad depends on what is destroyed and how it relates to them. If the old order is destroyed for a new one, those at the top of the old order would undoubtedly consider it bad. Those at the bottom might consider it good.

Shiva is neither male nor female but is usually depicted as a male. Kali is the more intense, chaotic female aspect.
(It's been a while since I studies Eastern Religions. Please correct me if I am wrong)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by radosta

No..that is a good answer...thanks for the input!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher

god is a yet to be determined gender..
to be one polar opposite gender would maintain absolute incompleteness...

good and bad are completely irrelevant concepts in the godmind.
good or bad are merely viewpoints in relation to our own desires which are illusionary compared to the reality of oneness

Shiva is an aspect of god an aspect symbolically placed to let man understand that in order for evolution and change, there is the need for sacrifice and a letting go of attachments.. destruction of certain patterns of life.

Vishnu Jehovah the "all" is all of us combined...

these many-god scenarios are merely psychological aggregates that teach us about certain viewpoints on reality...
spaces we must travel through.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Brahma creates the stages, Visnhu preserves them and when the play has finished, Shiva comes and destroys the entire stage.

The stage can become anything, like a classroom for younger souls, a safeplace to grow and develop, to practice hindu theology. It can be a play about war, it can be a play about 2 lovers, it can be about growing civilizations.

But as there are beginnings, there must be endings, without Shiva there would be many beings who would cling to previous stages, unable to let go of the good times, reliving each life over and over without memories of the previous life. Or they don't die at all and become increasingly old, never to be reborn as the young.

Not one of the standard interpretations but this is how I see the hindu trinity working together.

top topics

join