It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maple Syrup and Baking soda - any one use it here?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hey all..

I've been curious about this supposed cure for cancer, the Maple Syrup and Baking Soda remedy - www.health-science-spirit.com... - and have read various conflicting stories from people on various forums around.

But while some swear that it has helped them, other have said it has done nothing, so I am wondering if there are any people here who have used it, and what your results were/are?

Some people who have used it claim that their cancer has indeed regressed, and not only that but they find they can sleep better and aching bones that once were major problems for them have all but gone.

So for me, as I do not have cancer but do suffer bad sleepless nights and insane aches and joint pain, even if it were more placebo than real, any benefit (even mind over matter) would be great.

But, I've also read that using bicarb in this manner can also cause bone problems, and I'm a little leery of upsetting the PH balance in my body entirely.

So basically, just asking if anyone has used ot, do you recommend it and if not what issues you may have encountered?

I've got both the ingredients at hand - 100% maple syrup with no high fructose corn syrup and bicarb free of aluminium, but holy crap it's not the sort of thing you want to taste first thing in the morning lol.. so before I decide to venture any more along this route, thought I'd see if anyone here has experience in it.

Cheers for any info/advice !!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I have about a half a cup of the mixture sitting in my fridge. I was going to give it a try to shift my body's ph level to better. I've been consuming too much meats and dairy and snacks lately.

I tried it twice, and
~shudders~

I don't like the taste of salt, and it tastes like really really salty maple syrup, so it sits in my fridge.....

If I had the dreaded disease it's supposed to help, I would for sure try it out as an extra treatment, telling the doctor too, of course. I would try all treatments that would complement each other....

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
I have about a half a cup of the mixture sitting in my fridge. I was going to give it a try to shift my body's ph level to better. I've been consuming too much meats and dairy and snacks lately.

I tried it twice, and
~shudders~

I don't like the taste of salt, and it tastes like really really salty maple syrup, so it sits in my fridge.....

If I had the dreaded disease it's supposed to help, I would for sure try it out as an extra treatment, telling the doctor too, of course. I would try all treatments that would complement each other....

That's pretty much what I've thought of it also, but I want to find out if there are benefits to it in other areas also, because I could tolerate it with a swig of juice after it I suppose just for an improvement in sleep/back pain..

At first I thought it reminded me of salted plums, which I used to love... but the tang just doesn't give up !!

Haha, so yep, the fridge so far has been it's home..

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I used to get gout and kidney stones regularly. I started taking baking soda to clear up the gout and it was gone in two days!
So if you have high uric acid (low ph) it works wonders.

I take 2 tsp a day. Dr approved

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

So for me, as I do not have cancer but do suffer bad sleepless nights and insane aches and joint pain, even if it were more placebo than real, any benefit (even mind over matter) would be great.

Try extra omega 3 oils for the joint pains - fish type oils, flax oil, walnuts. It's anti inflammatory. If it turns out it doesn't work for the pain, it's still good for you.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLUMBER1
I used to get gout and kidney stones regularly. I started taking baking soda to clear up the gout and it was gone in two days!
So if you have high uric acid (low ph) it works wonders.

I take 2 tsp a day. Dr approved

Ahh I have a mate who suffers terrible gout, and the doctors are getting reluctant to give him the meds he was taking - I've tried to get him to try various things, but had not heard of this.

I will offer it as advice to him, thanks for that!!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Try extra omega 3 oils for the joint pains - fish type oils, flax oil, walnuts. It's anti inflammatory. If it turns out it doesn't work for the pain, it's still good for you.

Good info there too, I have been meaning to start taking Omega 3 oils again, I used to take them back in the early 01-02's but given the stress of the job I was in at the time, neglected everything.

I do eat a lot of fish and fruits/vegs but perhaps not quite enough. I might have to take supplements as my appetite has been shot also of late.

And I know it certainly can't be as nasty as a mouthful of sickly salt in the morning.. heh..

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

If I get a bout of gout I up it to 3 tablespoons for 2-3 days.
2 tsp mixed in cup of water works for me for upkeep. Sometimes I use pure seasalt does same thing.
Dr. would rather me do this then get hooked on pills.
It will raise your ph which will also give you many other good health effects.
edit on 9-10-2011 by PLUMBER1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Interesting...My aunt just passed away due to cancer, my uncle beleives in the natural cure. the baking soda (which has to be amonia and mercury free type) and maple syrup (pure) was given to him and he was told that it will help battle the cancer. Not only did the cancer grow bigger but it came on stronger and ultimately my aunt passed sooner than expected.

\Was it due to the mxture? no one will ever know.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Funny coincidence, I'm planning on it too.
So far I've only tried it once, with molasses. I'm all for the health benefits, but the taste is...oh, my!
I'm looking at it everyday, and promise myself that tomorrow I'll take it for sure

I 've read people had good results with this treatment, and I'm curious. Your post encouraged me.
So from tomorrow I'll start taking it.
Promise.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I cannot comment on maple syrup & baking soda as a cure for cancer.

I can comment on using bicarbonate soda instead of toothpaste. Since I learned about flouride in our water and in toothpaste I stopped using toothpaste.

I have been dipping my toothbrush into the bicarbonate soda and wetting it with a small amount of water. I feel I am at least lessening the amount of flouride that enters my body. While I cannot categorically state I feel different - that is because we have toxins and poisons in all manner of foodstuffs & toiletries - I have not felt the least bit inclined to buy toothpaste.

Have been using bicarbonate soda instead of toothpaste for almost two years.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Could these be at all beneficial for taking the baking soda?

Not sure how much they hold, but it sounds grim having to take that stuff, so if you can get enough in one then I think bypassing the taste can't be a bad thing.

Just an idea.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

My wife had been using this treatment for some time and found no measurable benefits to exist for her. She visited a friend of ours who is a Vedic Chef and she introduced my wife to all kinds of foods (vegetables primarily) that did the same thing to the alkaline and acid levels in your body. In fact, after shifting to a diet rich in these vegetables and following the charts for alkalinity and acidity, she saw a dramatic decrease in psoriasis flare ups. It may work for some (maple and soda), not for her...BUT she found an awesome alternative that appears to be working.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience
Interesting...My aunt just passed away due to cancer, my uncle beleives in the natural cure. the baking soda (which has to be amonia and mercury free type) and maple syrup (pure) was given to him and he was told that it will help battle the cancer. Not only did the cancer grow bigger but it came on stronger and ultimately my aunt passed sooner than expected.

\Was it due to the mxture? no one will ever know.

Ack, man I am sorry to hear that..
I've heard similar stories so thats why I asked. Was it, however to the fact it just didnt help or not? Man that really is sad to hear.. I know how a placebo remedy can hinder those who try them, and make what can be a helpful treatment ineffective simply by non-use.. Man I feel bad for you in that

Im glad you did post, because it help me consider it all.... exactly what I asked for, but #, Im sorry man..

I know it isnt expected to help al sort of cancer, they even say as much.. Im sorry to hear that tho...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Only ever use bi-carb for shifting trapped wind..

No, I can't believe I owned up to that either.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteHat
Funny coincidence, I'm planning on it too.
So far I've only tried it once, with molasses. I'm all for the health benefits, but the taste is...oh, my!
I'm looking at it everyday, and promise myself that tomorrow I'll take it for sure

I 've read people had good results with this treatment, and I'm curious. Your post encouraged me.
So from tomorrow I'll start taking it.
Promise.

I was/is a big fan of apple cider etc, and can only hope for things to be true !! As I said, I don't have an illness (that I know of) and well, the benefits do sound encouraging, along with taking things that I know will help so exactly the same reasons as you!! It cant hurt me, unless I hear a lot of folk here say OH SHHEEE no, that will (insert nasty here).

I think with a nice glass of orange juice etc, to help ease it down, I might just try it. So far it appears it cannot hinder, and it does seem to have benefits.

I will keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone pipes up with severe negative effects, and if not follow up with whatever I determine - its a common thing so somene has to do it I guess

and if I die, well.. Oops!! Oo

kidding..

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
I cannot comment on maple syrup & baking soda as a cure for cancer.

I can comment on using bicarbonate soda instead of toothpaste. Since I learned about flouride in our water and in toothpaste I stopped using toothpaste.

I have been dipping my toothbrush into the bicarbonate soda and wetting it with a small amount of water. I feel I am at least lessening the amount of flouride that enters my body. While I cannot categorically state I feel different - that is because we have toxins and poisons in all manner of foodstuffs & toiletries - I have not felt the least bit inclined to buy toothpaste.

Have been using bicarbonate soda instead of toothpaste for almost two years.

Much Peace...

Oooh I did that, man it hurts when you have bad teeth.. as I do.. wow, like using sandpaper at fist. Not sure if I want white teeth or really sore teeth at first. Lol.. Then again, as I've been slack with my teeth that could just be a symptom of my last few years of neglect. Must start being more healthy.. Perhaps I need a life change rather than a fix.. Oo unpossible, ha! no that sounds like a plan right now...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mouldilocks
Could these be at all beneficial for taking the baking soda?

Not sure how much they hold, but it sounds grim having to take that stuff, so if you can get enough in one then I think bypassing the taste can't be a bad thing.

Just an idea.

Haha awesome,. I saw someone say they were using capsules.. I just thought it'd take a heck of a few to put a few teaspoons into them when I can somehow engulf 2 tsp. and grimmace

Good idea though, one to keep in mind!! Id think youd have to make them as you go, as this stuff does appear to be suicidal for thin things like caps - Im sure it'd eat them if left more than a half a day.

For me, it turns back into a near solid in the fridge as it is, takes a good stir to get it fluid again for a teaspoon. Or I have a really cold fridge!!

oO and I did boil them to combine them too !

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
It is very good at counteracting the effect of bee or wasp stings, applied directly to the wound. Honey is also good for stings.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MightyQuincunx

My wife had been using this treatment for some time and found no measurable benefits to exist for her. She visited a friend of ours who is a Vedic Chef and she introduced my wife to all kinds of foods (vegetables primarily) that did the same thing to the alkaline and acid levels in your body. In fact, after shifting to a diet rich in these vegetables and following the charts for alkalinity and acidity, she saw a dramatic decrease in psoriasis flare ups. It may work for some (maple and soda), not for her...BUT she found an awesome alternative that appears to be working.

Ahh.. hrmm, thanks for that, it's good to know. This is exactly what I was hoping to hear, I've seen both help and hindrance to a degree. Shows me that I need to look at it closer, rather than take it at face value.

But no negative effects, just none or help based on personal experience - not a cure all. This is a good sign.

I guess I will have to suiffer the taste to know full well. But so far no one has said it's been detrimental?

Ok, thats a good thing, so I will keep my mind open, as I said even if it's a perceived benefit thats good for me. as silly as that sounds.. I mean, what can it hurt if you feel better ? but I will now have to give it a decent go.

that is after I buy some really funky tasting juice..

And with the other advice given in this thread, if nothing helps.. then Im doomed anyway

Thanks heaps everyone, I really appreciate all of your input. This is why I asked, you guys who have tried, I knew would help, and others with other advice, reinforce my belief that there are better ways to be healthy rather than going to a quack and being fed garbage pills... which I can say personally make things worse.

Appreciate it all everyone, thanks!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join