It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Hurricane Frances Makes Landfall!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Storm Damage to Florida Agriculture May Be Felt Around the World

"By some estimates, Hurricane Frances ruined between half to two-thirds of Florida's $205 million grapefruit crop, a large portion of which is exported to Japan. Frances, along with Hurricane Charley three weeks earlier, may have caused between $800 million and $1 billion worth of damage to Florida's $6.4 billion worth of crops.

Florida produces about three-quarters of the nation's grapefruit and the United States dominates the world grapefruit market. So any fruit lost will be felt strongly on the world market."

But I guess you probably have other worries than grapefruit just now...

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
And now there is a good risk of Ivan hitting Floirda as well. There may not be much in the way of citrus left by the time Ivan is finished.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Have these storms affected the orange crop? I'm wondering if orange juice prices might increase. Hopefully the trees are still doing ok.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
Have these storms affected the orange crop? I'm wondering if orange juice prices might increase. Hopefully the trees are still doing ok.
''

The crops are flooded..So much of Florida is flooded right now it's not even funny. My guess is YES the prices will go up , crops are ruined.We drove I-4 and there is pratically a river flowing beside it. St John's River and Lake Monroe and all other lakes are so swollen. And here we go again ....here comes Ivan,hopefully this one is quick and doesn't stall. I keep giving this link but it's a really good one for Centrel Florida Local Newswww.WESH.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
6 days without power in Cocoa Beach from Frances, some of my neighbors still dont have power and were told they may not have it for another week. Bring it Ivan!!

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I hear u jrod!!! We are so sick of hurricanes it isn't funny!! A buddy of mine lost everything ..their family of 5 is living in a hotel and FEMA turned them down for help cause they have insurance but the adjuster hasn't showed . I still too know ppl without power in Volusia County. Things are a mess and everyone I know is broke, without the simple things u need to live and just plain tired!!! So come on Ivan ...let's get this **** over with!!!

[edit on 11-9-2004 by DragonFly5]

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join