It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing! Cliff Collapses into the sea, Cornwall

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Those lucky folks over there got a brand new fishing spot, how cool is that?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Many thanks for the videos. An earlier poster asked where the tsunami was?

With all the hoo-haa regarding the potential of a mega-tsunami caused by a cliff face collapse at the Canary Islands, I too was wondering about the lack of a tsunami in the videos.

I should imagine the reason there wasn't one was because the shelf leading off the land underwater make for a shallow ledge for some distance, and I should think that to have a tsunami you would need the rock to fall into very deep water in order to shift a huge volume of it as a tsunami.

I wonder...how far out does the shelf off the Canary Islands stretch? Does it even have a shelf, or is it a immediate deep water drop at the cliff face?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

I think it was also a matter of scale. I mean, I could see the huge splash there off to the side, but this is not that big of a cliff. Probably made a low powered 1" tsunami that travelled 1000 feet before running out of steam. Big differance between that and the side of an entire island.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by intergalactic fire
2 weeks later

haha I love the music.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Are these people drunk? So excited over falling dirt and rock!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Don't mind the screaming.
Imagine how they would react when they see a spider

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
it amazes me when so called 'climate change' scientists tell us the ice is melting and sea levels rising

now we have real evidence for rising sea levels!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
That's cool - I love stuff like this.

These videos make me want to run over there and find something cool from a place that has been buried for, well, ever!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
LOL it just made the Website of the BBC News, how long has this been on you tube?

Amazing how a landscape can be changed.

I would be staying away from there, did they not say other cracks appeared also. Bigger parts of it could fall into the sea also.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Revolution9

Excellent

This was rather a big chunk of rock?
I live at the other side of the ocean, down south. We have very similar coastal rocks down here.
Many times big rocks on the shore, cliffs collapses too.

As i witnessed this over time from one day to another.
Hmm yesterday this big rock wasn't down here, but up here?

Always missed it live though.

Awww! Cool to meet you. Yes, the erosion is changing the landscape all the time. Get to witness it first hand, don't we!

I feel very mucky to be close to the ocean and to have all that dramatic nature doing its thing.

Best wishes to you.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Have seen this happen in Cornwall on a small scale before, as a child I use to skirt the fissures on the edge of the bouncy grassed cliff tops, never really felt that they would give way.... in my 'maturity' I may hold back!

On another note - Any one else hear a man shout 'There were people out there' just after 26 secs?.

In Highcliffe - Bournemouth (Image) this happens regularly, in stages, you can see holiday homes half sunk down a cliff, pipes sticking out of the cliff walls.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Amazing footage - thanks for posting that.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Was that Jeremy Clarkson parked up there in a Toyota pickup?

Great footage. We're lucky someone was there at zero hour.
I was in Yosemite once during an avalanche, I think it was part of a formation called 3 sisters.
I didn't see the actual collapse, due to the trees, But it was thunderous and a huge white cloud of granite dust shot straight up in the air...I was in a car and pushed the accelerator quite a bit harder, just in case a few boulders made their way to the road...The cyclist beside me was pedaling like mad...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
pretty groovy to watch... certainly makes it easier to imagine it happen to the island volcano of La Palma now.

Where is that tsunami

My thought exactly..LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join