It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft crashes captured on video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Hope this video link works

Google Video Link

United Airlines 232, which lost all hydraulic power, and crashed in what is one of the more spectacular crashes on a runway. Amazingly, more survived than were killed on this plane.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I realise that I may be considered an old fart, but I find posting videos that show events where people died purely for voyeuristic reasons (ie *not* matters of global importance like 9/11 ) to be in extremely poor taste and more than a little offensive.

My tuppence worth.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by waynos]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Well i suppose it's your own opinion and your entitled to it really. I personally feel that the fact that the one I posted a video of landed on a runway at all was an amazing feat, it could so easily have crashed with the loss of everyone on board. So I personally feel it isn't too bad, but thats just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Yes, I can see that apex. The fact that lives were saved is remarkable. I wasn't having a personal dig.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by waynos]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Sorry, didn't realise that was what you were objecting to. Sorry for taking straight to the defensive in such a way.

[edit on 2-2-2007 by apex]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I do find disasters interesting but I think mostly for the fact of learning what could of been done or what was done to prevent them etc. The crash of flight 232 was a amazing one in that up until the airbus that was hit in Iraq it was the closest that anyone had come to landing a plane with no hydraulics and how they did it with just engine trust and the data that they got from the flight boxs was amazing. the Iraq airbus was the first plane to land with no deaths and no hydraulics. By the way they have developed software that can land a plane that has no hydraulics but because its expensive and the unlikely chance of a total hydraulic failure airlines arent using it.

[edit on 22/08/06 by Canada_EH]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canada_EH
By the way they have developed software that can land a plane that has no hydraulics but because its expensive and the unlikely chance of a total hydraulic failure airlines arent using it.

the sad story of money first, passengers lives second. You'd think they would of learned from Pan Am and the aftermath of the Lockerbie bombing, but no.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Yeah waynos has a point about the voyeuristic nature of watching, in this case, plane crashes. Obvisoly any dieing of injured is bad and really has to be avoided.

But these things do happen, and in order to understand them better it is sometimes necessary to sort of 'turn off' the empathy to individuals temporally to try to think about the technical failures - my parents are boarding a short haul flight in a little more than a week, so I’m happy that flight is still (by numbers) the safest mode of transport!

Of course I sympathise with indiduals and their families - but sometimes my jaw drops when I see ANYONE surviving some of these accidents, and think of possible deaths on the ground that are avoided. It’s really good to know that on the whole regulation works and it is always making things safer. I live under a flight path and only look up if I feel like it, not cos I’m worried!

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
It’s really good to know that on the whole regulation works and it is always making things safer. I live under a flight path and only look up if I feel like it, not cos I’m worried!

But the question is that would you not feel safer knowing that companies are putting in life saving tech? Instead they aren't cause of a couple bucks. Remeber its cheaper for a company to kill someone then make them better.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Does anybody remember the 'Challenge of Flight' series from the mid-ninties? Kind of like a Time-Life series, this 12 tape set was around twenty bucks a tape back then. With titles like 'Eject eject eject' and 'Whispers of Death', it's over six hours of nothing but crashes and tests gone awry. The footage is kind of sketchy on some, but over half of this stuff isn't in popular circulation. It's funny how a lot of the missle tests gone bad end up in other threads as UFO crashes and such.

The best part, I found the whole set still in the wrapper on E-bay last month. Price, five bucks plus shipping. Nice....

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Reminds me of a bird swooping down for a fish, enjoy:

www.extremefunnypictures.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join