It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an object orbiting the moon?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Ok that's an option

Personally i wouldn't buy that, because of the optical quality. But i'm someone who goes more for detail

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

imma get this one next week: purchase link

comes with camera adapter. very fast lens. tough , well made and not too expensive and plenty big enuf "eye" to see solar system objects well.. The spotter scope sux, tho, so i recommend an orion spotter. The tracker got high marks from some astronomy buffs that reviewed the device. Newtonian scope = not so popular, but this one got good marks. very fast lens : F5.

+ i can mount different scopes to the tracker...

nothing like seeing stuff with yer own eyes.
edit on 10-10-2011 by galactix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by galactix

You'll find it a bit cheaper here..
LINK

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I think what you're seeing is the cow....

Once it jumped over the moon, she never made it back, and has since just orbited the moon.

They never told you that part of the story, did they?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Hope this can help some of you:

'Any' telescope is better than none at all, but you do get what you pay for. Also consider the fact that quality second hand is always going to be better than brand new rubbish.

Forget all the 'zoom' and 'magnification' chatter, you need the biggest aperture you can get!
Thats the big hole at the front where all the light comes in, eyepieces for larger magnifications can come eventually and by then youll know what you really need by then?

Astrophotography can be as difficult or as simple as you make it, same goes for expense.
From holding a camera by hand to the eyepiece, to proper made mounts to do that, the magic ingredient is PRACTICE & Experience nothing more!

A simple motor operated mount can be thrown together to do simple long interval pics and video, oh did I mention that you can also get much better pics than you thought? By taking a section of video into a 'stacking' program, it will separate it into pics and stack them on top of each other. That brings out much better detail and colour than you though you could ever manage!

Its all about photons.....and they dont care how you look at them!
So a crappy collection of photons over 10 mins say, is nothing next to a pic with them all stacked neatly into a single pic.....believe me....its simple at this stage!

Of course there can be much more to it all, but at this stage you dont really need all that just to enjoy yourself for an evening.

You dont have a fancy night vision camcorder?????
Thats ok, I bet you didnt know you could use a bog standard webcam taped onto a tube and then onto the camera! Thats right....its that simple!

You can do some research and get into this in a big way if you like, but for now you can certainly enjoy the cosmos without flogging off your wordly goods. As I said, just keep it simple for now and see what happens?

Peace!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join