It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Obamas EPA and their hate for coal cause a power shortage in the USA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I searched google for this "power plants closing due to obama regulation" because I heard on the radio how some local power plants were closing, because it was cheaper to shutter them then to meet EPA regulations.

Looks like we will be loosing some more jobs, and now I am wondering if this couldnt cause a shortage of electricity in the country. Could this lead to his wish "for a necessary doubling in the price of energy."

Here are some of the links I found on the first page of the google search. Do your own search and see what else you find.

www.stltoday.com...

thehill.com...

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

This one shows a map of all the closings around the country.

mb50.wordpress.com...

This is just a yahoo answers, but a pretty good answer.
answers.yahoo.com...

edit on 8-10-2011 by Convicted because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Convicted

Sorry for posting the first post in my own thread, but I had to add this. You have China adding power plants left and right and we are shutting ours down. Maybe we can sell our old ones to them.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
My opinion only: Yes. This is going to have a serious impact. Secondly you hit the nail on the head. It is
"Obamas" epa. No China doesn't want our plants. They are too safe and meet to many safety requirements. They like their workplaces to be more dangerous. Too much population you know.
Yea: We are in for a real treat in some areas of this country. Those closed plants will need to have the energy replaced from longer distances. And at much higher cost. I can't think of a single thing this man has even suggested that would help this country. Every thing he touches ends up in total disaster.
DH

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

First off, what in the hell are you doing, writing a great conspiracy on a conspiracy site???

This hits the nail on the head. Lemme see, higher unemployment, higher fuel prices, higher power prices, winter is coming. . . .
Time for Obama to "save" us from a condition he created!

S&F
Good job

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidsHope
My opinion only: Yes. This is going to have a serious impact. Secondly you hit the nail on the head. It is
"Obamas" epa. No China doesn't want our plants. They are too safe and meet to many safety requirements. They like their workplaces to be more dangerous. Too much population you know.
Yea: We are in for a real treat in some areas of this country. Those closed plants will need to have the energy replaced from longer distances. And at much higher cost. I can't think of a single thing this man has even suggested that would help this country. Every thing he touches ends up in total disaster.
DH

IMO, quite the opposite seems to be closer to the truth. On the other hand, if you said; "everything that congress touches ends up in total disaster," I would have to agree. It's only when congress gets involved that we end up with crap for results.

There is really only one area where the POTUS has anything close to unilateral control of the situation and that area, which is military operations, comes by virtue of his "Commander In Chief" status. When you look at President Obama's record with respect to achieving our military's stated objectives, the imperial evidence seems to reflect that he accomplished outcomes somewhat better than "disastrous." The way that Al Qaeda leaders have been getting popped right & left, I'll just bet they fear Obama a hell of a lot more than they did Bush.

To the OP, have you seen pictures of the air in China? Is that what you want for your children to breathe here at home? As far as I'm concerned, more power to the EPA! If the owners of the coal fired power plants cannot seem to find a way to clean up their emissions, then let them close. I assure you that some other energy producer will move in to fill the void, who knows maybe it will even be "green," sustainable energy. If we had nuclear power plants spewing 1000s of tons of radiation into the air on a daily basis, wouldn't we demand that they either clean up their emissions or close?

IMO, the culprit in this situation appears to resemble greed more than the EPA.

edit on 8-10-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

If Obama could only be as good at economics as he is good at taking credit for the great work of our military, this place might be running like a top. Maybe this is a good model for him to follow in the future. Get out of the way of businesses, listen to what they have to say, agree with it, and then take credit for their success.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Convicted
reply to post by Flatfish

If Obama could only be as good at economics as he is good at taking credit for the great work of our military, this place might be running like a top. Maybe this is a good model for him to follow in the future. Get out of the way of businesses, listen to what they have to say, agree with it, and then take credit for their success.

Uh, if I'm not mistaken he went against what his advisors had to say and authorized the raid anyway. I also seems to remember two other Presidents who had numerous opportunities to take out Bin Laden and failed to make the call. Go figure.

The real problem is congress and more specifically, it's the new obstructionist GOP wing of congress, that has turned the place into the laughing stock of the world. Our congress no longer represents it's people but instead it represents the money that puts them in office and tells them what to do. Until we remove the money from the picture, I assure you it won't get any better.

I know you've heard the term, "Follow The Money." Well, that's how the protestors ended up occupying Wall St., they all followed the money and the next thing they knew, there was a crowd developing.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

First off, what in the hell are you doing, writing a great conspiracy on a conspiracy site???

This hits the nail on the head. Lemme see, higher unemployment, higher fuel prices, higher power prices, winter is coming. . . .
Time for Obama to "save" us from a condition he created!

S&F
Good job

You know, I wouldn't put it past any president to pull something like that. The one hope I am holding out for, though, is that his "solution" for "saving" us (wink wink) will be a be greener energy that would help lead us into independence from oil.

Even if that is his plan, I still agree it's not the most honorable way to accomplish it.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Well I have read on Drudge that they are all ready talking about rolling blackout in parts of the country due to the new regulations.....welcome to the third world fellow americans

top topics

join