It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its fascinating to me..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I've been lurking this site for close to 4 years. Predominately, in around 2008, these forums were completely dominated by pro-Obama/anti-Bush threads and posts, and just like magic, the majority of posts are now anti-Obama. I've seen numerous (if not a ton) of posters here switch their political affiliation drastically. Now I've been anti-Obama since 2006, but I get the impression that a lot of members here are just insecure, and will blame any president that's in office.
I would like to hear from the people who have genuinely made the transition from the left of the political spectrum, to the right. And in a brief but but solid summary, why you made made the change.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

Yes. Most people, save fanatics, will usually blame who ever is in office for all the bad things that happen while said person is in office. The reason .. is that every President deserves the blame. Congress is even worse.. thankfully we get the chance every 2 years to express our dissatisfaction.

And please.. note this.

It is not insecurity in ones beliefs, it is not a juggling of ideology, it is not an abnormal shift or in any other way a dramatic change in standing.... It's a constant expression of dissatisfaction with our current governing model.

When Obama is out of office next year or in 5 years from now, be sure that who ever sits next will be a target of this site and in general, the attitudes of the masses. Also, being a conspiracy site it kind of goes hand in hand, our suspicion of anyone in office let alone the POTUS.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Most of the people on here will just blame whatever puppet is sitting in the biggest chair. No one does research anymore its all he said she said.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

ebb and flow ... tidal, even .. capone1

it doesn't seem to matter 'WHO' is in office .. they're THE figurehead who gets the backlash, cries and complaints of those who voted for or against ...

take note of the number of voters from the past election who would gladly cast their mark elsewhere today. (?)

take note of the number of voters who crossed party lines and who would also gladly cast their mark elsewhere today

*flip a nickel*

I don't care which 'side' it comes up.

it's the same damned nickel

We need a voting booth that accommodates PEOPLE ... one which Allows them to cast their 'vote' in as altruistic and recordable a fashion possible.

Tally up the results ... and see who's the 'Winner'

The Electoral college IS NOT The People's Voice.

It is merely That of those We voted into Office.

Change That .. or ... Change The Sum Total

Either OR would seem better than what we have available now ...

???

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr. Strange
Most of the people on here will just blame whatever puppet is sitting in the biggest chair. No one does research anymore its all he said she said.

If that's the case, why were the majority of people posting about Obama convinced he was gonna save the country?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
reply to post by capone1

ebb and flow ... tidal, even .. capone1

it doesn't seem to matter 'WHO' is in office .. they're THE figurehead who gets the backlash, cries and complaints of those who voted for or against ...

take note of the number of voters from the past election who would gladly cast their mark elsewhere today. (?)

take note of the number of voters who crossed party lines and who would also gladly cast their mark elsewhere today

*flip a nickel*

I don't care which 'side' it comes up.

it's the same damned nickel

We need a voting booth that accommodates PEOPLE ... one which Allows them to cast their 'vote' in as altruistic and recordable a fashion possible.

Tally up the results ... and see who's the 'Winner'

The Electoral college IS NOT The People's Voice.

It is merely That of those We voted into Office.

Change That .. or ... Change The Sum Total

Either OR would seem better than what we have available now ...

???

I hear what you're saying. Then why weren't the majority of Obama voters/praisiers saying it doesn't matter anyway?
edit on 8-10-2011 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

? change they could believe in ?

i dunno

just that in the years since i've seen and experienced a boatload of folks wishing they'd have cast their vote otherwise.

the lesser of two evils, so to speak (?) ...

NOW ... THAT is a sad point of politics in this country, if you ask me.

Of course, not the first mention or missive of such, either.

:shk:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

He wasn't in power back then. He was the underdog. Everyone loves the underdog. As soon as he was in power he assumed all the blame.

I am almost certain the same will happen with Ron Paul

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

reply to post by capone1

He wasn't in power back then. He was the underdog. Everyone loves the underdog. As soon as he was in power he assumed all the blame.

I am almost certain the same will happen with Ron Paul

If Ron Paul was elected, and he did as #ty of a job as Obama, I would be terribly worried about what's in store for this country.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

Are you implying that your not worried now? Putting all your faith into one man is a sure way to be disappointed. Stop looking towards the government for solutions and realize that it is our job to make a change.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1

If that's the case, why were the majority of people posting about Obama convinced he was gonna save the country?

I apologize if I'm sounding like a jackass, I'm not, I'm just really baffled.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

reply to post by capone1

Are you implying that your not worried now? Putting all your faith into one man is a sure way to be disappointed. Stop looking towards the government for solutions and realize that it is our job to make a change.

No sir I'm not worried about myself at all. I already only look at myself for solutions, nobody else; besides God.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I hear what you're saying. Then why weren't the majority of Obama voters/praisiers saying it doesn't matter anyway?

Most people that voted in the hope and change were doing so on the hope that given his age and relatively short political career, he wouldn't be quite as beholden to the campaign donors that he turned out ultimately be.

Voter remorse is bound to happen in an environment when those opposed to the peoples interests are the ones financing the candidates campaign.

And people really haven't switched form right to left or left to right politically speaking. It is rather well known that most Americans tend to fall in as in the middle leaning right. So to switch from one side to the other isn't really all that big of a leap.

Obama was destined to win the 2008 election, because while many people do in fact like Hillary Clinton they were uneasy with the idea of electing another legacy president so close to the last one which turned out to be a failure. Much the same reason Jeb Bush knows he could run and do well but never be President. McCain never stood a chance because once it became clear that he was just going to be a continuation of Bush policy. Which he may have offset with the fact people genuinely did respect him, but then he brought Sarah Palin to the mix and once she opened her mouth it was over.

And the fault really does fall on the voter not understanding the offices that they are electing people to. If you don't even grasp the basics of the job how on earth do you put a qualified person into it?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

Most people that voted in the hope and change were doing so on the hope that given his age and relatively short political career, he wouldn't be quite as beholden to the campaign donors that he turned out ultimately be.

Voter remorse is bound to happen in an environment when those opposed to the peoples interests are the ones financing the candidates campaign.

And people really haven't switched form right to left or left to right politically speaking. It is rather well known that most Americans tend to fall in as in the middle leaning right. So to switch from one side to the other isn't really all that big of a leap.

Obama was destined to win the 2008 election, because while many people do in fact like Hillary Clinton they were uneasy with the idea of electing another legacy president so close to the last one which turned out to be a failure. Much the same reason Jeb Bush knows he could run and do well but never be President. McCain never stood a chance because once it became clear that he was just going to be a continuation of Bush policy. Which he may have offset with the fact people genuinely did respect him, but then he brought Sarah Palin to the mix and once she opened her mouth it was over.

And the fault really does fall on the voter not understanding the offices that they are electing people to. If you don't even grasp the basics of the job how on earth do you put a qualified person into it?

Nice post. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

join