It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Videos of Kansas City UFOs From Oct. 3 and Oct. 5 Released

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Fox4KC.com reports a cell phone video of an unidentified flying object has local residents abuzz. For three nights between Oct. 3 and Oct. 5, dozens of reports of UFOs came into authorities and Missouri MUFON . The video posted by the news outlet shows a triangular craft flying at a low altitude. At first it appears to be a normal aircraft because it moves forward. Then you take a look at the running lights underneath the plane.

Some of the reports of UFOs have been explained as stunt aircraft. Others are just low-flying regular planes. If anything, this aircraft is certainly not a normal commercial airplane. Aircraft usually have small running lights on the wings and a small cluster on the underside. They also have forward-looking beams of light much like headlights on a car.

Bright white lights all over the under of a plane are unusual. In terms of being "unidentified," then this particular video does show a flying object that doesn't look normal. Whether or not this craft is of extraterrestrial origin is a matter of debate.

Another video has surfaced on YouTube . "LamborghiniBoy007" posted a 48 second video that appears to be several lights moving vertically. They could be helicopters at first glance. However, two lights get very close in proximity to each other. Helicopters can't get too close to each other or they would crash.

The formation the craft in the YouTube video is strange. They seem to form a boomerang or triangle shape. They also hold very still in the sky. You can see the lights don't move much horizontally as they continue their triangular formation. Two other lights are afore and aft of the main cluster.

Some vertical takeoff and landing craft are utilized by the U.S. military like the U.S. Marine Corps' Harrier jets . They use jet engines to hover vertically before moving horizontally. However, they also have running lights like normal military aircraft. The discharge from their jets would also be reddish-blue and not white as they hover in formation.

Missouri isn't known for a lot UFO activity, but the past week has been interesting in terms of several witnesses seeing strange lights in the sky. Surprisingly, Missouri is a hotbed of UFO activity going back to 1941.

KLTV out of Texas reported in 2008 that Charlotte Mann recounted the story of her grandfather, Rev. William Huffman. Huffman was called to a crash site near Sikeston, Mo., in April of 1941. Originally he thought it was a plane crash to give last rites to the victims. Instead, Mann claims her grandfather saw a UFO that had crashed. There were also six bodies of dead beings that weren't human.

Before America's involvement in World War II, the Sikeston Herald reported the Missouri Institute of Aeronautics was located in Sikeston. The purpose of the air base was to train U.S. Army pilots and had been in operation since 1940. It has since been disbanded. The crash near Sikeston could have been an aircraft from the flight training school as opposed to extraterrestrial in origin.

I saw this while looking though the news and wanted to bring this to the attention of my fellow ATS Members.
I think it's pretty interesting. There has been a good string of sightings in Missouri lately.
What do you think?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I don't like to run and scream "Its unearthly lights from outer space" but can we at least lay our options on the table without fighting?

Could this be chinese lanterns on a calm night?

Cool video otherwise.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
No offense to the OP ,but these videos are just a waste of time to watch .
Second video .If you cant film them leaving ,save your memory card for a dog riding a surfboard

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by keepureye2thesky
I don't like to run and scream "Its unearthly lights from outer space" but can we at least lay our options on the table without fighting?

Cool video otherwise.

That's what I thought when I saw it.
But some parts make me think otherwise.
It's hard to tell.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The first video was already admitted by the flight team that it was their lights that were seen. The second video is obviously Chinese lanterns as they can be seen rising up.

Another thread for the HOAX bin.....

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It's over a block party...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
If you cant film them leaving ,save your memory card for a dog riding a surfboard

I think I know what you are trying to say. But even after reading this sentence 5 times, It doesn't make any sense.

Cell phone footage always sucks, but this is more clear than most I have seen.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
The first video was already admitted by the flight team that it was their lights that were seen. The second video is obviously Chinese lanterns as they can be seen rising up.

Another thread for the HOAX bin.....

I don’t know if it’s a hoax, nor would I try to perpetrate one. I only found it interesting and thought I would post it.
But, thanks for the info.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Its just another way of saying garbage bags with firelighters.boring and stupid but less so
www.youtube.com...

edit on 8-10-2011 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by keepureye2thesky

Cool video otherwise.

To me the second video appears to obviously be Chinese lanterns. The way they move and the fact another on the right looks like one just released heading up to join the others.

I'd say you are right.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

Even if it is an extraterrestrial controlled spacecraft, then it came, did what it needed to do and probably left. No matter how many videos I see of these supposed "UFOs of alien origin", it really won't change my mind. My mind is already made up that we are not alone in this expanding universe, but one thing that will radically change my perception of everything is if I see them in the flesh. It's getting kind of annoying how we have all these reported sights of UFOs. If they are in fact being operated by extraterrestrials, then WHAT ARE THEY DOING?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Chinese lanterns cause UFO scare in tiny Utah town
Aren't those chinese lanterns a fire hazard? One of these days, I'm telling you...

Civilian Flight Team: We are the aliens in the sky
If they weren't flashing identifiable lights, isn't there a violation here somewhere?

edit on 8-10-2011 by reject because:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Ok at 40 seconds on the second video am i the only person to notice the little alien rod zipping by through the air? It moves to fast to be any bug i have ever seen.

top topics

join