It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaur Kangaroo's Spotted in Chile.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Yep thats right monster sized kangaroo's hoping through the Atacama Desert. The monster has been sited by several different people traveling through the region at different times and all unconnected.

According to one witness: "A weird animal looking like a dinosaur with two legs and huge thighs crossed the road in front of my car."

All reports put the creature at more than two metres tall which is strange because that isn't that large. Two meters is only approxiametely 6.5 feet tall. Now don't get me wrong this is big for a Kangaroo since the Red Kangaroo, the largest kagaroo, is only expected to come in at 1.5 meters or 4.9 feet. But 6.5 feet is hardly Dinosaur sizes.

Anyways decide for yourself

www.iol.co.za...

I wonder

[edit on 28-8-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The emphasis should be on kangaroo-like.

Interesting. Wonder if this thing will show up again...

Although I agree, I think the dinosaur reference is a bit misleading. Hey, whatever sells your newspapers!

Link

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
A logical explanation would be
that a Kangaroo escaped from a zoo or a circus and they didnt bother to notify anyone.

[edit on 7-9-2004 by xpert11]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   

A logical explanation would be
that a Kangaroo escaped from a zoo or a circus and they didnt bother to notify anyone.

True, I doubt most Chileans have seen, nor heard of a Kangaroo....

Still, intriguing story nonetheless....

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Interestingly I dug up this information off of Rense.com date January 4 2004

Juan Berr�os, a 40 year-old driver and an old-fashioned Chilean catholic, has never driven his vehicle again since his run-in with the monster. "He reached the truck stop in a state. His legs trembled," said one of his co-workers, half-jokingly, at the same time he made the sign of the Cross just in case.

Ip until 2 weeks ago, Santa Filomena was nothing more than a lonely and long alleyway in the locality of Viluco in Buin, where the peace was disturbed only by vehicles driving past it at high speed.

While the routine is unbreakable, the town is beginning to shake off its lethargy, but not because of the arrival of unstoppable modernity, but because of the apperance of an indescribable, hungry creature that hops across the streets with some small, wounded animal in its maw, and which has seen by bus drivers of the Buin-Maipo route, who decided to speak out after having experienced real fear.

On January 5, at 5:15 hours, Berrios was driving through Santa Filomena toward the Las Vertientes terminal when he suddenly noticed a strange figure in the middle of the road some 70 meters away. He rubbed his eyes and kept going. Some five meters away, the figure reappeared and the shock of the horrible sight almost caused him to lose control of the vehicle, almost rolling it over.

"I had never seen anything like it. It had something like a dog bleeding in its muzzle and it lost itself in the bushes in a single leap," he told a co-worker minutes later. He was believed, just from the expression of indescribably panic on his face. That day he was jumpier than ever. After his second round trip, he was intercepted by another driver, Juan Maul�n, who took him aside and asked him to describe the monster. After a few minutes, Maul�n confessed: "Yes, it's the same one."

It was a bipedal animal standing 1.50 meters tall, with hind legs like those of a kangaroo, small, curved hands ending in talons, a sharp mane like that of a porcupine running along its back, a tail with a rattle, a muzzle like that of a fierce wolf, several rows of teeth and voracious red eyes.

"It jumps a lot," added Maul�n. "It can easily jump 5 meters." He had kept quiet out of a fear of being dubbed the local madman."I almost died of fright. I had to go out in the morning just like Berrios, when I suddenly saw that thing int the middle of the road. I slowed down and the beast stared at me. It took some time look me up and down and then jumped aside," he recalled more calmly, now certain that the beast exists. Just to give the thing a name, he says it could well be the Chupacabras.

"I think it's a hoax. I've been living here 35 years and the nearest thing to monsters I've seen are old men riding bicycles," said Rosa Marileo, widow of Roberto Nancur and mother of 5 children who do not live with her. "This has been circulating for a long time. Everyone says that when [the monster] comes out, it does so in the morning and I wouldn't dream of walking around at that time, because this street is pitch black," she added, bringing the conversation to a close. According to the multiple descriptions of strange creatures, what the drivers saw is similar to the North American image of the Chupacabras, particuarly due to its spiny mane.

www.rense.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
the Red Kangaroo, the largest kagaroo, is only expected to come in at 1.5 meters or 4.9 feet. But 6.5 feet is hardly Dinosaur sizes.

Well, actually a large majority of dinosaurs were pretty small. It's just that a vastly inordinate amount of attention is paid to the big ones. Not only that, the witnesses didn't say it was dinosaur sized, but just that it looked like one.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Sounds a LOT like Procoptodon pusio or Short-faced giant kangaroo which became extinct here in australia around 50,000 years ago. according to my Year 11 Biology textbook, it is a part of a a group of animals called MegaFauna.

Fossils of these megafauna have been found here in aus, and the procoptodon pusio reached a little over 2metres tall. So it could be possible that these animals may still exist out there somewhere.

From pictures and reconstructions ive seen, the structure of its skull is very similar to a lot of dinosaurs, and its size could also contribute to this

[edit on 24/9/04 by Githzerai]

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by spngsambigpants

Originally posted by BlackJackal
the Red Kangaroo, the largest kagaroo, is only expected to come in at 1.5 meters or 4.9 feet. But 6.5 feet is hardly Dinosaur sizes.

Well, actually a large majority of dinosaurs were pretty small. It's just that a vastly inordinate amount of attention is paid to the big ones. Not only that, the witnesses didn't say it was dinosaur sized, but just that it looked like one.

Yep. IIRC, the vast majority of dinosuars were the size of a horse or smaller.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Does he wear boxing gloves and dance to hip-hop? I'd be scared if I saw that thing though.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I think he just said it looked like a dinosaur, dinosaurs to people are big scary things they can't really explain and are afraid of. So it was prob. just a very large Kangaroo...

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Contrary to what you read about kangaroos, there are reported sightings of them having reached 6 foot 6 inches in the wild. I have personally shot several that were well over 6 foot (old grand daddies). They can be very agressive and not much scares them so quite often they have to be exterminated because they wander into urban areas. But to suggest it as being prehistoric is rediculous as the forerunner to the kangaroo was the Procoptodon and a recent fossil find in the nullabour Plains revealed a specimen measuring 5 metres tall (15 foot for the imperialist's).

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Fair_dinkum, yes very true. Im 182cm tall and ive seen kangaroo's taller me out on a friends property. Im more intrigued by the location in which it was seen. i could understand finding kangaroo-like animals in asia or africa. although the climate in chile would probably be similar to the climate in which some of australia's larger kangaroos live in.

Id like to see one of them captured or filmed.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I'm tempted to say that it's a practical joker. Out there, it would be easy to set up something like that as a joke on people.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
im going with byrd and xpert11 on this one

its either a practical joker or a escaped zoo 'convict' lol

i doubt its a dinosaur ; but if the reports do indeed have a shred of truth to them; it could just be a deer or something jumping and someone who was uneducated saw it and made a wild speculation as to what it was

theres most likely a logical explanation to this

just my 4 cents...

ID

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The infamous El Chupacabra, is on countless occasions referred to as a reptilian creature resembling a kangaroo in movement. Here are a few examples of such descriptions:

On the island of Puerto Rico a creature called Chupacabra (Spanish for "Goat Sucker") has been attacking and killing livestock for the past twenty years. This beast, described as a cross between a kangaroo and a reptile, drains the blood from its victims, leaving only small holes where the fatal incision was made.
www.geocities.com...

It also has clawed hands and large, powerful hind legs like a kangaroo's.
theshadowlands.net...

Those who have seen Chupacabra relate that it hops similar to a Kangaroo.
www.mysticaluniverse.com...
These attacks are not based solely in Puerto Rico; this is simply where El Chupacabra first became a major occurrence. El Chupacabra was spotted in Chile starting in April of the year 2000. The people residing in Calama blame El Chupacabra for over a hundred livestock deaths. Some Chileans actually blame NASA for “creating” El Chupacabra.

If you would like more information on El Chupacabra including a very accurate list of reported attacks visit the post entitled “Bipedal Reptilians” here on ATS. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Why would you say 6.5 feet is not a normal dinosaur size? How did you come to the conclusion that all dinos were huge mofos?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   
WTF with the double post?

[edit on 3-2-2005 by CmptrN3rd5]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Yep. IIRC, the vast majority of dinosuars were the size of a horse or smaller

Now there's something I never knew,I always imagined them to be the
size of Godzilla or something.

I'm thinking it could be a zoo escapee as well, but you just never know.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Wouldn't surprise me

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The thing is would a Kangaroo carry a bloody mammal in it's mouth? It's noted for having fur on it's back...not really for havign much elsewhere....at least that I saw in the articles....

And it sounds like many of these people didn't even think El Chupacwhatever when they saw it....but the descriptions are a good deal similar. We have a tendancy to dismiss everything that we haven't seen ourselves....lol...

new topics

top topics

join