It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any good threads on how to report a UFO sighting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Are there already any good threads on ATS on how to report a UFO sighting?

Given the number of members on here recently posting extremely brief details of a "sighting" (or just a photo), it strikes me that it would be useful to have a thread or post which gives some guidance to such witnesses on what information can helpfully be given by the witness in order for a proper assessment to be made of any sighting posted on ATS.

I'm still busy researching and writing a thread on Astronomers and UFOs, so wondered if someone had already created such a thread.

I don't recall seeing one that I can recommend to someone posting insufficient details of a sighting.

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 8-10-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
forum moderator Gazrok made one:

link found here

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
forum moderator Gazrok made one:

link found here

Many thanks kn0wh0w. I think I'd seen that thread a while ago, but forgotten about it.

Are there any threads already on ATS on this subject more detailed that Gazrok's suggestions and the discussion of them?

In particular, I wonder if anyone has already posted and compared - say - the reporting forms used by the US Air Force, MUFON, BUFORA and some of the other more scientific groups and then formulated some questions in the way most likely to extract the best information?

I think are also some US Air Force documents relating to studies by psychologists of the best ways to obtain precise information from UFO witnesses, including input into the design of relevant report forms.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

oi oi.

can't remember seeing such a thread in my ATS history...

off digging again

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
off digging again

Great.

Let us know if you find something.

I'll press on with astronomers and UFOs...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I did actually... I'll look for the link

Here it is

Requirements of a UFO report

I typed it up from the government scanned documents. It's pretty old, and I didn't do the ENTRE document because it was something like 20 pages long. haha
But the questions are still pretty good.
edit on 8-10-2011 by CeeRZ because: (no reason given)

join