It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do some see/hear ghosts, while others do not ???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by hundredreas0ns

I know why I don't see them, because I constantly make full well known I would not ever want to, I'm such a chicken.

But to answer your question, I don't know. It may have something to do with genetics or some sort of brain function, in medium she had a tumor it caused her to see dead people. It could be the acceptance of the supernatural. I don't know. There are many different theories as to why.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

It could be real mate. You don't know for sure do you? Anything is possible. I believe it is as I have experienced many, many things that lead me to believe the spirit world exists. Don't worry though, I won't ram it down your throat or try to get you to agree with me, you believe what you want to believe in eh mate.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

This is really easy. And it was already stated. Spiritual Pressure. If you have no spiritual pressure you won't percieve anything from behind the veil unless it has a great deal of power. If it's is of significant strength then you'll feel quezzy, dizzy and experience a host of other side effects. Odds are you'll pass out before you see it. If it's insignificant of spiritual pressure then you won't notice it and it probably won't notice you.

If you have moderate spirit energy. You perceive entities from the strong down to less substantial ones. YOu'll frequently feel the effects when they are around. You'll visually perceive them in some instances. The stronger ones definitely and you may catch fleeting glances of the weaker ones.

If your spirit energy is high and you can control it which gives you a great deal of spiritual pressure, these entities will be drawn to you. You will notice them if they are anything substantial. YOu won't feel the side effects unless it's a stronger entity. Depending on the gap in power you can still feel substantial side effects.

As far as increasing your spiritual energy there are ways. But if you don't have any seeds you can't grow a plant, you have to have something to work with.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

This is really easy. And it was already stated. Spiritual Pressure. If you have no spiritual pressure you won't percieve anything from behind the veil unless it has a great deal of power. If it's is of significant strength then you'll feel quezzy, dizzy and experience a host of other side effects. Odds are you'll pass out before you see it. If it's insignificant of spiritual pressure then you won't notice it and it probably won't notice you.

If you have moderate spirit energy. You perceive entities from the strong down to less substantial ones. YOu'll frequently feel the effects when they are around. You'll visually perceive them in some instances. The stronger ones definitely and you may catch fleeting glances of the weaker ones.

If your spirit energy is high and you can control it which gives you a great deal of spiritual pressure, these entities will be drawn to you. You will notice them if they are anything substantial. YOu won't feel the side effects unless it's a stronger entity. Depending on the gap in power you can still feel substantial side effects.

As far as increasing your spiritual energy there are ways. But if you don't have any seeds you can't grow a plant, you have to have something to work with.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
the title of the thread hints pretty much at the answer. ghosts are non-existant, simple as that. some people might hallucinate, some on the other hand, not.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
People assume what they see and hear are "ghosts". Just because it looks like dead grandma, doesn't mean it is. We KNOW absolutely nothing when it comes to the world beyond the veil. Spirits/Ghosts/Jinn/Angels/Demons ... whatever you call them, we don't know with %100 certainty that what we're seeing is definable under those terms.

On that note, I believe people who are open to the possibility of the "other side", who are more "spiritual" in nature, have more of a chance to experience such an event. A few posts have mentioned spiritual pressure, which I suppose is a term that can be used to define what I just said.

However I also believe that there are people who are born with their senses a bit more in tune with whatever it is that we experience when we label something "Supernatural".

But then again, who knows?
edit on 9-10-2011 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamsession
the title of the thread hints pretty much at the answer. ghosts are non-existant, simple as that. some people might hallucinate, some on the other hand, not.

You are quite confident aren't you?

Maybe when you open your mind a bit, and let loose your preconceived notions of reality, you'll realize that anything is possible, and maybe you'll come off less... naive.

But then again, deeper thought, and exploring theories that are unconventional are above some people, unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I've been trying to find a video clip that I've seen about visual snow.

Bear with me on this, I still can't find a page that I came across a long time ago.

On the page, it showed an example of what people see that have this 'visual snow effect'. Looking at the video image (which was much like seeing the static fuzzy white noise effect you see on an un-tuned tv channel) you could see image of people moving within the image.

Lie in bed, with the lights off, and you will see darkness. However that darkness is when you observe, a fuzzy contrast of 'light and dark'.

I can't remember the correct term for cloud busting or when you see an image from a random visual, like Jesus on burnt toast etc, but someone will pop in with that term, or hopefully that video clip.

If I remember correctly, it has something to do with taking an '___' like magic mushrooms, which leaves a person able to see such visual snow, even after the effects of the mushrooms have worn off.

Sorry for not being able to provide links and stuff, it was a thread I was going to do but still can't find that particular video.
edit on 9-10-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I feel some people are able to see these things due to heightened senses. For example, I have seen and heard ghosts since I was very little. I do not do drugs, or drink. I have regular interactions with these ghosts, some of which have been around me for years. It runs in my family, as my father and his mother have had similar experiences. My oldest son has the same experiences as i do, since he was a very small child. He used to always ask me "who are those people talking to me?" So I do not feel it is a hallucination or make believe. I am grateful to be able to have these experiences.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jamsession

So when someone blows a dog whistle, and the dogs can hear it but humans can't, that must mean the dogs are having an auditory hallucination.

Maybe we are a sub-species of humanity evolving faster than you.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jamsession

How do you know though, You don't know that 100% do you.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
preception(s).

Some have it and some don't.

Why do some seem to attract UFO/Aliens?

I guess for the same reason some seem to attract Ghost etc.

And some... nothing...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Assuming the phenomenon is legitimate, and that the person experiencing the event isn't delusional or easily spooked/influenced, it is said that increased '___' output from the pineal gland could be the cause of some paranormal phenomenon. Whether this means it makes them more receptive to external "energies", or it just means it's an internal, non paranormal phenomenon, I'm not sure.

Even though I tend to believe in these kinds of things, I maintain a level of skepticism any time I hear someone tell of their "abilities" to see ghosts or read minds or whatever. There are a lot of people out there who are delusional, and it's glaringly obvious to everyone, skeptics and believers alike, and it just damages the credibility of the phenomenon, and those who experience it.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Our eyes and ears operate in a limited frequency range

As some of you might know, I am an electrical engineer and began my interest in the field building radios as a kid.

This itself demonstrates what we cannot see but we know exists ....as in radio waves.
And the wide range of frequencies that exist....which is how individual radio stations are tuned in....

I feel that ghosts exist in this radio frequency spectrum and are also comprised of electrical energy....

As with radio waves and our inability to see them It could also simply be the vision range of our eyes. For example you cannot see the radio waves entering and exiting your cell phone for example, or your Television's remote but they do exist and could be seen if our vision could see the particular frequency range.

Also EVP's are able to record voices that are apparently out of our audible range of hearing because the investigators often do not audibly hear these things but they are picked up electronically on the recording devices.

I was going to say as well that my dogs see things that I cannot. The Female even snarls at something sometimes in the middle of the night. The Male will occasionally issue low woofs at something he follows around the room.

n the same room where I saw a shadow person years ago.

I am almost certain that the ghosts are able to make themselves visible or not.

And the dog doesn't do this all of the time so it makes me believe that we are visited by different spiritual entities.

As an experiment I shoot my remote which is an Infra Red transmitter in the direction my dog is looking and then it instantly moves to the other side of the room followed by my dog's head.

I feel that we aren't as perceptive and also why the dogs and other animals speak the universal language of telepathy and we do not.

If you read about this, according to the Buddhist priests and their ancient texts, mankind's third eye was disabled to keep better control over us...as we obviously are.

Remember to Deny Ignorance.

PEACE

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

"ghosts" are welcome in my book as long as there's a scientifically plausible explanation to them like yours for example, and to the extent that they're neither demons (hahaha), nor the souls of dead people. nope, those two never count.

they're highly unwelcome, become old hag's fairy tale humbug and shall bugger the hell off the moment they're called demons, spirits, boogiemen, etc. though. yes.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
here

Specifically, a "silent" exhaust fan was sending out low frequency vibrations that bounced back and forth on the lab's walls until they formed a powerful wave at... 18.9Hz. Right at the top of the panic range.

And, according to a NASA study, it was powerful enough to resonate with the average human eyeball, causing "smeared" vision. This is a phenomenon where the eye vibrates just enough to register something static -- say, the frame of your glasses or a speck of dust -- as large, moving shapes.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

you mentioned that it could be how one's individual brain is wired... that's my guess too.

just like some people hear higher or lower frequencies than 'normal/average'
just like some people are color blind

so too, there are individuals that are sensitive to see/hear ghosts, even UFOs, there are some who see & journey to the shamanic upper and lower worlds, there are some who have deep insights & or visions, psychics, seers, clairvoyants, etc etc

genes, DNA, hard wiring in the brain may be one aspect...
then there is empathic sensitivity & other traits ones develops... leads to new and almost holographic neural networks created in ones brain which in turn opens more doorways in in ones psyche...
the trick is to be 'balanced' between these seperate Realities
edit on 15-10-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

you mentioned that it could be how one's individual brain is wired... that's my guess too.

just like some people hear higher or lower frequencies than 'normal/average'
just like some people are color blind

so too, there are individuals that are sensitive to see/hear ghosts, even UFOs, there are some who see & journey to the shamanic upper and lower worlds, there are some who have deep insights & or visions, psychics, seers, clairvoyants, etc etc

genes, DNA, hard wiring in the brain may be one aspect...
then there is empathic sensitivity & other traits ones develops... leads to new and almost holographic neural networks created in ones brain which in turn opens more doorways in in ones psyche...
the trick is to be 'balanced' between these seperate Realities
edit on 15-10-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

Is this like , equal to wishful thinking..

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
My family has a weird connection with strange things happening but whether its real or not / believed we will never know unless proven :p hell has my life been weird 0_o

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hundredreas0ns
I have always been curious as to why some people see and hear ghosts, and others do not ? why do you think this is so ? do you think it is to do with the way a persons brain is wired ? or is it totally unrelated to that. I have heard what I believe to have been a ghost, I was staying at a house about 3 years ago, I came out of the shower, and clearly heard a woman say, hello abbie, abbie being the family's dog, not recognizing the voice i went downstairs, and as you may expect no one is there, and had not been for several hours.
Maybe we will never know for sure until we ourselves pass over, but I would just be interested to get others opinions on this and similar things.

thank you.

You don't see ghosts with your eyes, you experience them through your consciousness.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join