It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do some see/hear ghosts, while others do not ???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by slider1991

ive seen it with my own eyes as a child, its a rare times when it happen. adult can see it too, my Uncle and aunt saw it ones at a new apartment wen they where laying in bed. both woke up by a man staring at them at the edge of the bed, my uncle quickly jump up in fighting position and my aunt screamed. soon after the ghost dissapear in fog. they both talked that night what they saw.

same as me i was at bed as young (7-9) remember waking up and seeing a apparition walking by my bed i wassent really scared but its remarkable event. it maybe my grand mother but not really sure since its so long time ago.
(it was at my other aunt and Uncle cabin house.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hundredreas0ns
I have always been curious as to why some people see and hear ghosts, and others do not ? why do you think this is so ? do you think it is to do with the way a persons brain is wired ? or is it totally unrelated to that. I have heard what I believe to have been a ghost, I was staying at a house about 3 years ago, I came out of the shower, and clearly heard a woman say, hello abbie, abbie being the family's dog, not recognizing the voice i went downstairs, and as you may expect no one is there, and had not been for several hours.
Maybe we will never know for sure until we ourselves pass over, but I would just be interested to get others opinions on this and similar things.

thank you.

Simple, some people are liars, while other people don't feel the need to lie.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry

Originally posted by hundredreas0ns
I have always been curious as to why some people see and hear ghosts, and others do not ? why do you think this is so ? do you think it is to do with the way a persons brain is wired ? or is it totally unrelated to that. I have heard what I believe to have been a ghost, I was staying at a house about 3 years ago, I came out of the shower, and clearly heard a woman say, hello abbie, abbie being the family's dog, not recognizing the voice i went downstairs, and as you may expect no one is there, and had not been for several hours.
Maybe we will never know for sure until we ourselves pass over, but I would just be interested to get others opinions on this and similar things.

thank you.

Simple, some people are liars, while other people don't feel the need to lie.

So are you lying when you say you've never seen a ghost?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hundredreas0ns

I am one who sees and hears ghosts, and I too have pondered on this question. I think it is matter of vibrational frequency on the part of the "seer." I also tend to think the reason some do not see them is that religion has pounded into their heads that an afterlife before certain thing happen is not a reality. I have told a few people that I can see ghosts, and got the reply that they were demons instead. Well, I saw my Father, and my Grandfather after the "died" and I can assure you they were not demons.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Aw why did this thread die?? I'm a believer, as I have experienced ghosts/apparitions my whole life. And unless I can project "hallucinations", it's very real as my oldest child used to always ask me who "those people" were who were talking to him. I heard them at the same time and had not mentioned it to him. I have seen them as an actual, physical being in front of me, and have seen others with the third eye, I guess is what you'd call it. This is a really interesting topic to me.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: jamsession
the title of the thread hints pretty much at the answer. ghosts are non-existant, simple as that. some people might hallucinate, some on the other hand, not.

How can 3 people hallucinate the same thing at different times.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: hundredreas0ns

first of all i don't even know if ghosts exist.
afterimages maybe.
What I do know exist are demons. That's all I've ever seen. Oh, and I saw a good angel once. That's it.

Sorry to break it to you.

The only thing I see every day, always is energy. I have always seen it. I don't know why. I've always loved God and God gave me blessings, one of which is the discernment of spirits.

Everyone can see them. It's , I think, more a matter of if they want you to see them or not.
Most people just don't interest them. Which makes sense, seeing as they're ancient and don't have time for plebs

But really, it's all depending on you. If I were you I wouldn't concern myself about it. I would have loved to never see anything. Being normal would have been fun. But I suppose I am still glad that I know the truth, even if nobody believes me. I just speak the truth. I have no motive other than that for saying this. I just hope you listen.

Just because you can't see them doesn't mean they aren't there. It's quite frightening actually, if you think about it. Don't mess with spirits.
Read Hostage to the Devil by Malachi Martin--although I disagree with how they antagonize the demons, a large part of that book is 100% true. If you want to know about these things I recommend reading that book.

Alternative answer: if you love Jesus and love God and listen to the Holy Spirit, you'll see plenty that others don't see.

I can guarantee it.
edit on 2-3-2017 by rukia because: my pretty alternative idea

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dcmb1409
I got into searching for spirits a couple of years ago as a skeptic and got wowed twice in that time frame. Most people think they are a lightening rod and special, so much that they think only they have contact with spirits.

Not true. As a skeptic that was on the fence leaning toward hoax but being as open minded as I could, I had a couple of experiences that shook my foundation and belief in the paranormal which i hold close to the chest.

It doesn't take any one special to encounter the paranormal. Mainly it takes the right time at the right place to become a believer.

Midnight is not the witching hour and its more like between 2 and 5 am that we found active confrontations or sightings.

This is not an oxymoron but be skeptical with an open mind leaning toward debunking what you encounter and the results will solidify your beliefs like mine were, I believe.

It takes no special talents or claims to have an encounter, Just be in the right place at the right time.

Spirits are not showmen that perform on cue or at a certain time. It may take several trips to a site to encounter them or it may happen quite fast.

One of mine was an accidental encounter at 3 am and the other involved captured film that the camera guy didn't see in real time but showed up clearly on tape.

EVP's can be obtained anywhere at anytime I was shown. All you have to do is try it yourself.

Yup this is true. 2 and 5 is when i gather most of my EVPs as well. However Spirits in my House have a tendency to steal my #. They like stealing my Keys. Its happened so much that i needed to buy a Beeper for them.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Ok so I'm new to posting on this but I had a few events wanted to run by a few other people. About nine months ago my boyfriend and I were meditating and at the end of our session we opened our eyes and saw that a long string was hanging out of his drawer with a sewing needle sticking through it. Mind you--this was not there when we first started our session. After this event, we had a few other situations where a specific nail kept showing back up in different locations. (Even after throwing it directly into a dumpster.) We have moved since then but continue to have random events such as random objects appear (nerf darts), items be moved, and once we heard the dropping of change. Thoughts?

-Kelley

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: hundredreas0ns

Great thoughtful topic.

I can say from experience that people who can see apparitions were most likely born that way. And have contact and experience very early in life as children. I had the experience of seeing s full bodied apparition in 2003 and was not expecting it. It really took me back on my heels as it was during the day around 3 pm.
Your mind almost does not except that it is happening to you and you feel a momentary loss of time and overload.
Since that time I've had more experiences some captured on camera .. which is cool. I'm also slightly psychic. And it took a long time for me to accept this, as I fought it always putting it off as imagination of hallucination. It wasn't until I talked to a women who is a remote viewer and exceptionally psychic that I let my guard down and went with the flow.
Everybody has some ability and you can deny it or strengthen it .. it's up to the individual and where their at in life .
edit on 4-3-2017 by parker because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I have found...(i have never seen one except in a picture I took), it is usually genetic also.

My psychic medium neighbor has a daughter than can see them and also her brother does. Her son...not so much.

It could be part of your DNA

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Blu Voodoo...
More than statistical analysis or Pareidolia could explain.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join