It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patterns in the Paranormal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I have been studying the paranormal a great deal lately and one interesting thing i notice quite a bit are patterns. I know what you're thinking, patterns? Well let me site a few examples. Vampires in old lore were OCD in the sense that it was said if you threw down say rice or twigs,seeds what ever have you they would have to stop and count them. Another example would be the bible,you notice the number seven and three pop up quite a bit (I'm told three is a number meaning miracle etc) but let's not turn this into a biblical discussion. I was also reading in some cases that hauntings or evil entities would do things at specific times,like at the half of the hour or five minutes to the top of the hour.This prompts me to ask the wonderful and yet well informed readers and posters of ATS if you could link or share examples of other patterns that you have learned of in the paranormal.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zeroeffect

these patterns are testament to the fact they were created by man

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by zeroeffect

Wow, talk about thread derailers!. Can we get back on topic please?

When I was young it was commonly believed that if you hear a dog barking three times at midnight, it meant a death in the family was near. My grandmother died a few days after I heard a neighbor's dog barking at midnight. (they never put him out that late that I could remember (Old wives' tale and coincidence probably, but hey you asked for patterns.)

However a month or more later the same barking, same hour, but no one died as far as I know.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

That is very interesting i've never heard of that but there is the number three. Was almost going to classify that as a superstition but there is a pattern. It reminded me of the Bloody Mary myth. Say her name three times in the mirror and she will claw out your eyes..

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Do the patterns have to be related to numbers?

Paranormal as in which area? Are you talking generally paranormal, or just ghostly stuff?

I might have something, it's not really a pattern per se, more like a correlation between two different areas of paranormal that I've noticed. I'm not sure if that's what you are looking for though, so just let me know if it is, before I go and derail a thread that you want focussed on a specific direction of paranormal.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Pixie777 because: Sorry just meant to reply to the thread, not to a poster

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
********** ATTENTION **********

The topic of the thread is 'Patterns in the Paranormal', not perceptions of each other.

Please stay on topic.

Thank you

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Pixie777

not numerical necessarily just anything that denotes a pattern meaning something that happens repetitiously..

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Pixie777

Please do be careful not to derail this puppy Pix.

I think OP means all things considered paranormal. And I've done a thread on this if you would like to check it out ? I'll bring a link. Be right back. Here you go OP.

edit on 8-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
My own personal experiences, I saw that ufos and paranormal seem to be connected. Makes me theorize interesting things. But it would turn into a ufo dissertation/thesis type of writing. So. The pattern to me is, that ufos and paranormal, annnnnnd cryptids as well, all seem to be connected.

top topics

join