It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul "They're On Their iPhones Wearing Designer Jeans Their Parents Bought For Them"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I don't get Rand Paul, did he really say corporations are individuals?
I wonder why he turned out like this, if I were Ron Paul I'd be really disappointed in him.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The greed of money, power and easy living can turn many good people to the side of evil.

I'm afraid everyone's opinion of Ron Paul will change soon after his election as well. Everyone political whose name you know, you know for one reason: they are hired to play that part.

Put all your hopes in Ron Paul and you will be eating the same stale bread that Obama voters have been eating for 3 years now.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Rand Paul looks like a snake oils salesman. I don't trust him. He's another corporate shill trying to take his dad's light.

I'm not really sure most parents have money to buy their kids designer jeans or iphones anymore. lol...out of touch with reality much?

Ron Paul is dope tho. I don't trust him all the way either though.

edit on 10/7/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Your signature proves you know nothing about what is happening in this world. It's pathetic

EDIT: It's also obvious that no one that has posted so far understands anything about what corporations stand for. It doesn't mean you're for the corp if you buy their things. People need to understand that corporations aren't bad cause they take the business from small businesses or because they're so large and successful. That's the nature of business. It's their utter disregard for their costumers that makes them wrong. It's the choice they make between satisfying costumers and getting rich that makes them wrong. We don't need to bring down the government or the banks or the corporations, the advancement of the human race depends on these global businesses and governments. We need to take out the greedy people running them (which will never happen, we revolt, we die). It's far past the time for masses of individuals that don't matter to make a change of this world. Our government is a ring leader for a brainwashed army of thugs. Sure if marshal law happened maybe 30 percent of authority forces will step down n say f@@k that (then they'll be tried for treason and abandonment).But the other 70 percent will trust in our almighty leaders that will portray the "revolters" as unpatriotic and enemies of the state (have we not seen this before?). Do you really think these super rich people will stop at anything to ensure their power isn't taken away from them. This world is doomed for ww3 and only then will the rebuild of society start....with only about 500,000,000 people left in the world of course.
edit on 7-10-2011 by douglas82391 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I see a book deal

"Domo and The Lowest Common Denominator"

Because, being a participant in our capitalist society and being against corporate subjugation of America's political system are the same things

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

This is stupid. We are in a world that requires you to buy things from corporations. If I want to document the event I'd have to buy a camera where all of its parts were created by a corporation somewhere at sometime. Am I not supposed to buy deodorant and smell like BO all the time because Procter and gamble made it?

Please come to reality.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

"They're On Their iPhones Wearing Designer Jeans Their Parents Bought For Them"

Well duh! It is the 21st century, so what if they are using IPhones? So what if they're
parents bought them. At least they came by it honestly. Bankers, politicians and CEO's
are riding around in luxury cars, living in luxury homes, going on luxury vacations that
the American people were tricked into buying for them.

Maybe they would have bought it themselves if they could find decent jobs after
spending 100+ grand on a worthless college education.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

The other way around. Individuals are corporations. Each person is basically born with a business license (birth cert) and is considered an "asset" to the government. The government has been trading people/jobs like stocks for a long time now. Probably ever since we dropped the gold standard. After the money stopped being backed by gold it had to be back by "productive people" aka American Citizens. Over time as we shipped all of our "assets" overseas through outsourcing we basically "sold out' the american people/jobs to India and China.

If India and China wanted to collect the debt we owe them they wouldn't be collecting pieces of paper...or land. They would in theory be collecting American Workers/Jobs.

In the modern world "workers" (slaves) make the world go round...not land, not green paper, not gold, not silver, no precious metal, not oil...PEOPLE!

all the "assets" we think are "assets" are nothing without the "Human Asset" oil is nothing but a black mess without people to acquire/distribute/sell/consume. Gold is nothing but a shiny paper weight without people willing to purchase coins/certificates. All the precious metal in the world wont build or produce ANYTHING. Currency doesn't create the products you buy...PEOPLE do all that...

PEOPLE are the most VALUABLE ASSET on earth...what the hell makes anyone think someone wouldn't want to own that asset? Slavery never died...its just hidden very well under a very thick blanket of systematic trickery.

Individuals ARE corporations...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by douglas82391
Your signature proves you know nothing about what is happening in this world. It's pathetic

What is wrong with my signature?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Rand Paul is awesome because he calls it as he sees it.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

hey I don't want to point this out to harshly but WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK ACTUALLY MADE THOSE PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!!!! it wasnt "SONY" it wasn't "NIKON" it was actual freaking human beings............the corporation that made ALL of those products is called "PEOPLE"...

and yes they have every right to use the products they MADE and MADE POSSIBLE to protest....

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

He turned out like this because of who his father is. If you think for one minute father and son aren't in lock step in their views, you are fooling yourself. The elder Paul just has enough sense to not let the public see a good portion of his extremist views.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

He turned out like this because of who his father is. If you think for one minute father and son aren't in lock step in their views, you are fooling yourself. The elder Paul just has enough sense to not let the public see a good portion of his extremist views.

How are Rand Paul views extreme? They seem very consistent with mainstream republicanism to me.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

It isn't about the products and services the corporations provide. It is about the undue influence of corporations in the halls of government.It is about the fact they have been given political voice while avoiding the social responsibilities that go with that voice. That they have used that voice to grossly enrich themselves at the expense of everyone else.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

You obviously don't live in California. I see middle class kids here with iPods, iPads, and iPhones all the time because of working in a restaurant and picking up my little brother from his middle school.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Yes lets protest our own livelihood. Lets protest a corporation that gives us a job, a product to use. Oh wait, none of those filthy hippies even have jobs...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Originally posted by douglas82391

What is wrong with my signature?

China makes our things cause we pay them less so the corporations don't have to pay american decent money not because of their awesomeness. 2nd....100 percent of the world should have roofs beds and food. It's the greedy and rich that could make this happen...but wheres the profit??? Why do we not go to war with all the other governments that treat their people wrong and invade other countries like we've done in the past? Why not liberate all Africa or Saudi Arabia like we're 'doing' in the middle east. NO PROFIT

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I've been seeing this rhetoric pop up more and more over the last couple of days (the image above is a good example).

The people in the protests are hypocrites, because they use technology and wear clothing. Therefore, anything they have to say should be ignored. They're too privileged to have legitimate complaints.

Sadly, some people seem to be falling for this simple divide and conquer routine.

If having an iPhone disqualifies you from commenting on the behavior of all corporations, or if wearing "designer jeans" (who the hell says "designer jeans" anymore? Is it 1981 again?) renders your opinions on economic matters moot, what chance do any of us have?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

It is preposterous to have people with cameras that cost more than many peoples rent protesting the 'evil' corporations. The idiots don't even have a clear message and I am looking forward to the day they start rioting and get their comeuppance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join