It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since most Muslims are peaceful and moderate ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Since most Muslims are peaceful and moderate why does this moderate Muslim website say this ? It says that if people in the Muslim world could choose their leaders they would most likely choose radical Islamists. My next question is this like saying during World War 2 all Germans were bad because most Germans voted for Adolf Hitler and the Nazis they were brainwashed and that is all they knew the only way of life they knew ? Im not saying all Muslims are bad and I am not saying that Islam is bad I think most Muslims are good I can't say that Islam is bad across the board.

Our Positions

Democracy is rule by the people; a system of free choice where rulers are elected and held accountable by their constituents. The element of free choice of leaders is an explosive topic right now in the Middle East & North Africa. If fair and free elections were held tomorrow, the majority of Arab countries would probably elect totalitarian leaders with an intolerant pro-Islamist agenda. The election of extremists would spell death to democracy. We must first expel Islamic extremists and terrorists from Arab and Muslim societies before democracy sweeps the region.

www.freemuslims.org...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikejohnson2006
Since most Muslims are peaceful and moderate why does this moderate Muslim website say this ? It says that if people in the Muslim world could choose their leaders they would most likely choose radical Islamists. My next question is this like saying during World War 2 all Germans were bad because most Germans voted for Adolf Hitler and the Nazis they were brainwashed and that is all they knew the only way of life they knew ? Im not saying all Muslims are bad and I am not saying that Islam is bad I think most Muslims are good I can't say that Islam is bad across the board.

Our Positions

Democracy is rule by the people; a system of free choice where rulers are elected and held accountable by their constituents. The element of free choice of leaders is an explosive topic right now in the Middle East & North Africa. If fair and free elections were held tomorrow, the majority of Arab countries would probably elect totalitarian leaders with an intolerant pro-Islamist agenda. The election of extremists would spell death to democracy. We must first expel Islamic extremists and terrorists from Arab and Muslim societies before democracy sweeps the region.

www.freemuslims.org...

Until we master democracy ourselves we have no right to tutor other s on it.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
All forms of government suck.Democracy just sucks less.Nowhere in the world that I'm aware of, does a true democracy exist.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The very word "democracy" is the mark of govt controlled bs. The US is NOT a democracy, it never was, yet they are trying to make it so. Democracy does NOT work. The US is a REPUBLIC. We do not want to "spread democracy", that is Newspeak for "destroy and take over while sucking every drop of blood". You are a fool if you believe this crap. This supposedly Muslim website is fake. Look it up on whois and you will see.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
And what exactly gives us the right to impose our political/cultural ideals upon another culture.
Who do we think we are?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mikejohnson2006

Correction:
In actuality 70% of Germans voted AGAINST Hitler.

Hitler lost the Democratic Election against the incumbent Von Hindenburg....Hitler stole the Chancellorship via a false flag event in which the German Capital the Reichtags was set ablaze supposedly by communist arsonists.
Similar to our middle eastern terrorists of today.

In the presidential election held on March 13, 1932, there were four candidates: the incumbent, Field Marshall Paul von Hindenburg, Hitler, and two minor candidates, Ernst Thaelmann and Theodore Duesterberg. The results were:

Hindenburg 49.6 percent
Hitler 30.1 percent
Thaelmann 13.2 percent
Duesterberg 6.8 percent

Most Muslims are in support of so called Extremists because the diplomacy approach hasn't worked in that we have our military in their backyard killing their people for their natural resources to provide inexpensive gasoline to fuel our V8 powered pickup trucks.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Isn't wonderful how people can talk as if the U.S is the war mongering country bent to take over the world, yet still choose to live in the country?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Funny. They're based in Washington DC. You know, that hotbed of Muslims? Oh, wait, isn't that where the GUBMINT is?

Domain ID
104253043-LROR Domain Name:FREEMUSLIMS.ORG
Created On:21-Apr-2004 02:42:29 UTC
Last Updated On:02-Dec-2009 09:20:23
UTC Expiration Date:21-Apr-2013 02:42:29
UTC Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, Inc. (R91-LROR)
Registrant ID:CR30841158 Registrant Name:Kamal Nawash
Registrant Organization:Free Muslim Coalition Against Terrorism
Registrant Street1:2560 Virginia Avenue, NW Registrant
Street2:Suite 171 Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Washington
Registrant State/Province
istrict of Columbia
Registrant Postal Code:20037
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.2022623491 Registrant Phone Ext.: Registrant FAX:+1.2022623491 Registrant FAX Ext.: Registrant Email: Admin ID:CR30841160

Admin Name:James Huber
Admin Street1:2560 Virginia Avenue, NW
Admin Street2:Suite 171 Admin Street3:
Admin City:Washington Admin State/Province
istrict of Columbia
Admin Postal Code:20037
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.2022623491 Admin Phone Ext.: Admin FAX:+1.2022623491 Admin FAX Ext.: Admin Email: Tech ID:CR30841159 Tech Name:
James Huber Tech Street1:2560 Virginia Avenue, NW Tech Street2:Suite 171 Tech Street3: Tech City:Washington Tech State/Province
istrict of Columbia Tech Postal Code:20037 Tech Country:US Tech Phone:+1.2022623491 Tech Phone Ext.: Tech FAX:+1.2022623491 Tech FAX Ext.: Tech Email: Name Server:NS1.HUBERSPACE.NET Name Server:NS2.HUBERSPACE.NET Name Server: Name Server: Name Server: Name Server: Name Server: Name Server: Name Server: Name Server: Name Server: Name Server: Name Server: DNSSEC:Unsigned

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I am willing to concede that this view is a little optimistic, but maybe there is hope for muslim countries after all. Extremists may get the votes because they are saying things that strike a chord with Muslims in chaotic times. The extremists, however, are not very good at setting up infrastructures and taking care of basic needs.

Extremists may win in the short term, but as things cool down and the extermists' fiery rhetoric no longer strikes a chord, people in newly founded Muslim democracies will demand things like good jobs and good schools from their government. Moderates will step up and offer these things.

top topics

join