It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Inherent Dangers of GMOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
These are five short introductory videos from Jeffrey Smith, talking about the serious health effects of GMOs (genetically modified organisms). The videos, though short, but staggeringly informative, is intended to raise awareness and interest for those not aware of the subject. So, forward them to your friends and family.

It basically paints a picture of consuming products based on anything that's got anything to do with GMOs is pure and simple suicide. Additionally, do not trust companies such as Monsanto, and historically I believe this to be very, very true.

I've linked the videos along with descriptions below.

Video: Even farm animals refuse to eat GMOs

Jeffrey Smith relates a story about how farmers test whether their farm animals will eat GMOs. Most farm animals naturally avoid genetically engineered feed if given a choice!

Video: How GMOs turn your babies into medical experiments

This short film reveals how genetically engineered foods are being widely consumed today, causing a vast assortment of side effects, including widespread infertility and damage to their sperm cells and DNA. Rats fed genetically modified soy had half their babies die. Don't let our babies become guinea pigs of the GMO biotech industry!

Video: How GMOs may turn your body into a human pesticide factory

Jeffrey Smith reveals how genetically engineered crops result in gene transfers into the bacteria in the human gut. It means that after eating GMOs, we may have genetically modified proteins inside our own bodies. Even worse, when BT (genetically engineered) corn is consumed, the gene that produces the BT toxin may transfer into the bacteria living in your intestines, turning you into a HUMAN PESTICIDE FACTORY.

Video: How GMO research is rigged using fraudulent science

Jeffrey Smith reveals some of the dirty tricks used by Monsanto and other biotech companies to twist their "science" and make GMOs look safe even when they're extremely dangerous. This is all from the same industry that said DDT was safe, PCBs were safe, Agent Orange was safe, and so on. "Corporate science" is always distorted, especially from the biotech industry.

Video: Cap the GMO Gene Spill

Eye-opening video about the genetic pollution of our planet caused by GMOs. Featuring Jeffrey Smith from the Institute for Responsible Technology who explains how GMOs represent a planet-wide genetic contamination of the planet that's far worse than all the oil spills in the history of the world. GM crops result in widespread environmental degradation, and it's all being done based on warped, dishonest "corporate science."

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It is totally terrifying to me! I can see all disease crossing between species from plant to animal and spntanous changes may one day cause my lettuce to grow with frog eyes! Really scary stuff!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

It is very scary, especially thinking about that we've basically got 2-3 generations growing up on this crap. It gets even more horrifying that no one seems to mind, care, or know that we destroy ourselves consuming it.

I'd like to take this with a pinch of salt, but it's hard not to feel the proverbial slap in the face when hearing about this.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Here at my house we grow a large garden year round. We save seeds and we eat in season. It saves on produce costs and it tastes so much better than anything you can purchase at the markets, including the organic stuff. GMO's scare me!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
oct 16th map of events in US cities spread the word www.organicconsumers.org...
edit on 7-10-2011 by answerisquestion because: added info

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droogie

It is very scary, especially thinking about that we've basically got 2-3 generations growing up on this crap. It gets even more horrifying that no one seems to mind, care, or know that we destroy ourselves consuming it.

I'd like to take this with a pinch of salt, but it's hard not to feel the proverbial slap in the face when hearing about this.

Yes and destroying possibly the whole planet as the checks and balances in place are being broken down.
Nature had it figured out through thousands of years of process but what will happen when we have broken it all down in a handful of years!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Nature had it figured out through thousands of years of process

Try millions of years. In the start of GMOs, we certainly didn't take much into consideration how harmful it was. Nowadays, however, we have the companies manufacturing pesticides and the likes, manipulating and suppressing studies to their own benifit purely to make more money.

join