It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are they reporting OWS Where you are?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I live in Melbourne, and I have been chatting to my parents on the phone tonight. I know my dad can be a bit traditional, and will always listen to the radio news in the morning, and wath the evening news on tv. He has not heard anything about the demonstratoins.

Then I see a friend who lives back in the UK post on FB a couple of hours ago.

WTF? Is there a news blackout in the UK regarding Occupy Wall Street or what? There's [snip] all about it on the BBC website, hasn't been reported on any UK tv channel as far as I'm aware. It's been days and days - seriously, wtf?

In Melbourne they have mentioned it in a small way on the MSM - what about where you are? Is it being talked about in your news? Papers? The people arround you? Is this news really being "dampened down" if not completely covered up?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

The revolution will not be televised

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Oh yeah, they're 'reporting' alright.
Here in Nashville, so far all I have heard is that the movement has 'no coherent message', is 'a bunch of kids skipping class to direct their angst at nothing in particular', and, my personal favorite, 'a handful of disgruntled and misguided individuals.' (Quotes courtesy of News Channel 4, be sure to let them know how you feel about their fair and balanced reporting.)

It's a joke, when the cameras were there at the capital they were all in the corner of the building pointing away from the actual crowd, it's kinda obvious looking at the clips and realizing that the building is mysteriously always way in the corner. I'm actually about to pawn my crappy little tv because I'm tired of watching this crap.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I think there afraid it will spread world wide if they see they can pull it off. That's the reason this gets so little coverage outside the USA, here in Holland we don't see it as well. just a small piece in the paper that's it.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
not heard a thing regarding OWS here in the UK ..... but then again ive noticed how ats gets the news first lol and then days later it MIGHT make headlines here.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowMonk

Funny, our Lansing stations are saying the same things, almost word for word. Obviously a conspiracy in and of itself.

It does get old fast though, I guess I've been on this site to much, because I actually think, "why are they trying to turn us against the protesters?"
But I know the answer.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Since I live just outside Manhattan, yup, I hear about it ... from the MSM.

Second.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
It does get old fast though, I guess I've been on this site to much, because I actually think, "why are they trying to turn us against the protesters?"
But I know the answer.

So do I, friend, and that is why in roughly an hour from now my television will have either been converted into fifteen dollars in my wallet, or transformed itself into a pile of debris in a dumpster. I'm sick of the media telling me that everything's alright while I'm struggling day in and day out to find a way to make money to eat or a place to sleep, while these (insert string of expletives here) are busy saying that the lawyer friend I have attending the protests this week in order to insure the rights of the protesters are not violated is suddenly under fire for encouraging a 'juvenile outburst of dissatisfaction with no organized message.'

F# the Media in this state and EVERYONE who supports it.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I haven't seen anything here in the UK either, though i've been holliday some. Though I asked around at work etc, nobody even knew it was going on and said nothing was on the news or in the papers they had seen.

As something mention above about how they give little coverage and put it off as kids with no message, we had the exact same thing happen in august when we had the riots. They said they were only kids, showed only these on TV and alot of the youtube videos showing adults, and older folk, in suits with briefcases and such, were often taken down quickly.

It'll be all quiet on the 'western' front when the walls are falling down.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The protest in Dallas got some media this morning.
www.star-telegram.com... -anti-wall-street.html

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I dont watch television but going from listening to people talk and radio .. Havent heard anything about it here in asia. No surprise as it would tank the markets if word got out too much and they all edgy about the u.s markets as it is .. Meh hope it all collapses .. After showing reports of it that are here to a couple of them they've started pulling out of the market.. (can't leave friends in the lurch thus quietly let them know..)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

It's happening in all major cities of Australia and NZ on 15th October 2011; I think thats when the Queen arrives in to Australia.

www.indymedia.org.au...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Man! I didn't think it was that bad. This is wuite scary, in a way. And yes, I'll be attending the Melbourne one on the 15th - primise to take my camera!

Somehow, we have to spread the word This neads some proper coverage. The message we get on the MSM here is a little less biassed than what I am hearing coming out of the US. Possibley they feel they have more to loose in the US as they don't want to give publicity in fear that it will grow further. We will see how things change here after the 15th!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
There has been extensive coverage of OWS on the BBC website and other news outlets. No conspiracy here as far as I can tell.

BBC News

Channel 4 News

Sky News

the real news

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Russia Today has been covering - with arial footage.
They are the only ones really showing how big the crowds are.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013
There has been extensive coverage of OWS on the BBC website and other news outlets. No conspiracy here as far as I can tell.

BBC News

Channel 4 News

Sky News

the real news

There have been some articles. But no big stories on their News pages that I saw. I just looked at the BBC web site: Main page, nothing. News main page, nothing. US&Canada News home page - a small side story entitled "Protests take hold in Washington" but no other mention of OWS.

I would expect this to be as big a story as the Tunisian and Egyption protests were when they started. OWS is 3 weeks in now.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

Out of curiosity, those stories on the website, have they been on the front page so to speak of the BBC website recently? And do you know if they have been reported on the TV national news.

The thing being, that you can put something on the BBC website and 90% of the people in the country won't see it still.

new topics

top topics

join