It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick Questions Regarding EMF Sensors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I've just bought an EMF sensor app for my phone. I realise that's not exactly professional grade ghost hunting equipment, but I'll have some fun!

My questions regard the settings on the app and whether I should change them.

The default settings (which are adjustable) on the app are 0 - 100 micro teslas or 46 - 1022 milli Gauss. Which scale do ghost hunters use and what range would be recommended for detecting anything?

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Insomniac

Im in Essex too

Should have saved your money on the app, got more chance of winning the euromillions than findng a ghost with that

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Hello fellow Essexer! It was only £1.60 and I thought it'd be fun. Mind you the only thing I've 'detected' so far is that my bed gives off a high reading after I've got out of it! I'm guessing it's the warmed springs doing it.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Insomniac

1.) To find a magnetic anomaly in the EMF reading around you, here are the basics on different readings:

For example, 8G (Gauss) and 8 mG (milliGauss) are 2 entirely different units.

For the benefit of common person;
1G = 1000 mG
1uT (micro Tesla) = 10 mG

For paranormal, I've heard that a reading either very low (between 2-7 mG) or very high is what you should look for. People can correct me if I'm wrong, but this should give you an idea of units and conversions.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by himalayanhermit

That helps a lot. Thank you himalayanhermit!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I think this is designed just for fun. The iphone wont have the correct kit in it to detect EMF and also the phone its self gives out EMF by the very nature of the fact its a phone and they pump out some very high readings. We dont actually allow phones to be on at all during investigations due to the fact they really mess with the EMF field.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ghosthunter79

I'm thinking that too. I haven't paid money for the Android app that I use. My normal home reading stays about 37-50 u Tesla = 370-500 mGauss.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for your advice.
Perhaps I should just buy a real one.

new topics

top topics

join