It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Flash In The Sky Birmingham UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I was out walking the dog tonight. At about 10.12 GMT there was a huge "Flash" in the sky over North Birmingham. The whole sky lit up for about 3 seconds. The sky is pretty clear with only a few clouds. I am certain it wasn't lighting, and no thunder clap was heard. The night air is pretty cold with no humidity. Did anyone else witness it?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I live about 15 miles west of Milton Keynes.

I was looking out my bedroom window about 10:15pm ish and saw a flash in the sky northwards, have not seen anything else since. It was pretty odd, the epicentre didn't seem to be that high up in the sky but it was very far away on the horizon.

Anyone else see anything?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'm in Derbyshire and we've had a few very strong flashes starting an hour and a half ago (just after 9PM UK Time), we've just been watching them back on our cctv, the weather is crap so I put it down to lightning, our WHOLE towns electricity went down about half an hour before for about half a minute.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
My wife reported seeing a flash this evening about that time. Hertfordshire here. I was too busy watching the PS3 to notice

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Im on the Notts/derbyshire border, its lashing it down here and thunder and lightening, i think what you saw was lightening far off.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I'm about 40 miles northeast of Birmingham, and at around that same time I witnessed the loudest thunderclap I've ever heard. I thought a plane had crashed nearby or something had exploded. I didn't see a flash, but I was inside with the curtains pulled.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
this is about the billionth report of flashes in the sky with no sound following, worldwide.

my first guess was the sun but its not exactly off the chart right now, anyone else have any ideas? these reports started coming in, from what I can tell, after the UARS satalite fell, or during. maybe before.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

I saw a flash in the sky as well,very strange it was early Monday morning about 3am everything was dead quiet clear skies one flash and that was it.This seems to be getting more frequent like the strange sounds being heard all over the world...oh I'm on the east coast,U.S

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Live in mansfield notts,Have seen two large blue flashes the first was west the second was north,have not heard any thunder.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Weird that you mention this ?, tonight about 8.30-9.00pm, I heard a weird noise, at first it sounded like a jet but then I thought maybe a train ?. what was weird about it was we dont get plains flying above us and we only get the occasional jet flying over but when they fly over they are pretty quick. this noise lasted about 2mins! it was enough for me to query it with my wife and get up to look outside. I didnt notice any flashes but did see sky lit up around east towards the moon immediately after the noise passed ?. we live in west cumbria so quite remote for stuff like this and any plain that does fly over is usually at a high altitude

any thoughts guys
did notice another thread regarding strange sounds tonight also

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mamajo

This was just a single brilliant white flash. It nearly turned night into day by it's brightness.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by oxbow
I'm about 40 miles northeast of Birmingham, and at around that same time I witnessed the loudest thunderclap I've ever heard. I thought a plane had crashed nearby or something had exploded. I didn't see a flash, but I was inside with the curtains pulled.

This is like what I heard about 9 or 915 just one loud explosion like a big bomb in the distance not like thunder very strange and no flash.
I'm is sheffield.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
was a single flash that lit all sky at around 9.15, and another one at 10.15, both very bright blue coloured,thought it was a power station but no power loss and also second flash an hour later from different direction.Both huge flashes that lit everything up.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I've seen 2 suspicious flashes that fit the description close to Sheffield .... no thunder just flashes...Seriously weird.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
seen quite a few weird flashing lights some sound some not, and some strange lights over the forests near derbyshire.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
im in Lancaster UK and around 7:45pm we had a top quality lightning and thunder storm and a huge hail stone pour down turned the roads and paths white about half inch thick in seconds
the lightning and thunder (which was very loud and stomach moving) lasted around 10 minutes
im 130 miles ish from birmingham but its also very windy in a southerly direction and the clouds were shifting fast so maybe you glimpsed part of it from a distance as it passed close

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Im in birmingham too, sorry fella, did not see a thing but it is lashing icy rain at the mo

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Why is it that something strange happens when I am NOT at home !!!!

I live in Derbyshire BUT I'm not there tonight...... Back tomorrow night so I will be keeping my eyes open

PDUK

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
i'm in south Brum and have been sat in the conservatory looking at the sky all night..... no flash here... sorry just rain

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I live in Lancashire, saw the flashes but was earlier for me, we have had rain on and off all day and hail, the first time it happened, the flash, the lights flickered in my house, went like a wave across the room, my PC switched of, the lights flickered, the phone on the other side of the room reset its self, the tv flickered, went across my room a split second apart, felt very strange, and the flash was a blue colour not like the normal flash from lightning.

Saw about 3 flashes like this but no thunder sound at all, I put it down to the bad weather, but this thread made me think about it more. the flash was not like nay I have seen from lightning before, and I am nearly 50 years old.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join