It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US troops aid Mexico in drug war

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
i do have to say that we need to pull the troops from the rest of the world

and put them right there on the southern border there should be no quams about that.

secure the border right now there is american soil that americans can not even sit foot on without getting killed by drug runners.

thats pathetic.

another benefit is illegal immigration flow that could be and should be curtailed from my vantage point that would be a win win scenario.

but alas wont ever happen.

the primary role of the us military to to secure our own borders not go fight off in the middle east with no goal or end in sight.

link   

When a young corporal in the Mexican marines was ambushed by drug cartel gunmen in the state of Tamaulipas, his first thoughts were for his pregnant wife and unborn child.

.....and their new puppy and tiny house with picket fence they'd just purchased after years of scraping and
One more trend I find disgusting and no substitute for facts and figures is the way "journalists" include these types of ridiculous human-interest tie-ins to tug on your heart strings. Sorry for the rant GrandpaDave, i'm done.

Whoa! This could be much bigger than we imagine.The Pentagon may well be eying PIMEX and seeing how other Federal agencies have been clandestinely (if sloppily) supporting the drug cartels you may have read the writing on the wall correctly. If Mexico's government falls it's game over for them and NORTHCOM will go charging in. Of course it will start small but quickly escalate until we end up reinstating the draft as we find ourselves in a bigger conflict than Iraq and Afghanistan put together. This stinks to high heaven of grand geopolitical maneuvering, and could be the tip of the biggest conspiracy going.

It would EASY to get Americans rooting for an intervention in Mexico, especially if mexican gangs start running rampant up here in the CONUS. Terrorism and Islamophobia haven't been selling too well of late and I think you've picked out the next boogeyman well over a year in advance. I hope like hell your wrong on this, we all should and I know you hope you are. If not, this will be worst thing since WW2 for the United States and by the time it's over there won't be any America left that we once remembered.

I gotta admit I never saw this one coming.

link   
reply to post by GrandpaDave

This whole freaking thing is brewing right under our noses. I'll say it here. Unlike Muslim Al Qaeda or whatever... the "Christian" Mexican drug cartels with that type of financing will have no problem making chaos in the US.

Oil again. Dammit.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

PIMEX.....
you did know that Mexico announced they will stop exporting oil right....
and right after they make that announcement they Activate NORCOM?????

there are way to many co inkie dinks...

when you pull all these little stories together you start to see one very disturbing picture

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I have said it before, but if something is not done with these cartels they will evolve.

When they evolve, drugs will be the least of our problems.

When they evolve, they will be the new terrorists.

These cartels are in their infancy and left unchecked they will grow and become more of a threat than they are now.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandpaDave

Yep, add the talk of Islamic militants making cozy with the drug gangs and what do you do about US "sanctuary cities" when this war goes hot?

It's as if they have been moving chess pieces ever so slowly over decades to create a perfect $#!#storm situation, allowing the cartels to grow more and more powerful, illegals to cross the border in droves and set up house all over the country, sending unarmed Border Patrol agents in to deadly situations, etc.

All these little strings lead back to one big 5-sided rat!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandpaDave

Human trafficking second only to drugs in Mexico it is a $15 billion- to $20 billion-a-year business... cuting them out of the drug trade would do little so stop them

Is that some sort of rationale to continue the drug prohibition scam?

The US government through its taxpayers pays the Mexican government to fight a drug war while one US govt. agency arms the cartels (ATF) and another (CIA) sells and transports their drugs. The Mexican cartels apparently need other enterprises just to keep themselves busy.

It seems the US is down here conducting the drug business and the Mexicans are only needed to irrigate the fields and stage a few shootouts. Might as well bring more US troops here to boost local drug consumerism. That seems to be the only thing lacking.

edit on 6-10-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
There are all sorts of military gringos south of the border wearing Mexican uniforms protecting their "interests" along with plenty of mercenaries working both sides of the fence.

Mexico and the allegiances are very complex with lies and corruption at the heart of any "industry" where billions of dollars are involved.

Anyone that takes this situation a face value is a fool.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Hang on a moment, they wouldn't be evolving, if the US Agencies had not let them buy the guns etc in the first place. Another way to get the USA into another war. Supply them with guns and fight them. Or has everyone forgotten the Fast and Furious” scandal?
edit on 6-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
There's no such thing as a free lunch. When the U.S steps in and (potentially) solves the problem, there is no doubt Mexico will have to compensate in some shape or form- what that is remains to be seen, what has Mexico got that the U.S wants?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
There are all sorts of military gringos south of the border wearing Mexican uniforms protecting their "interests" along with plenty of mercenaries working both sides of the fence.

Mexico and the allegiances are very complex with lies and corruption at the heart of any "industry" where billions of dollars are involved.

Anyone that takes this situation at face value is a fool.

Star! You nailed that one. The "official story" is a hoot. Most have bought it because the truth is almost unthinkable.

There are no "good guys". Police have their hands in every pie, and many of the cartel types are the actual peace-keepers in their (our) communities. One well-known cartel appears to have little interest in the drug trade beyond funding their own interests and are primarily interlopers whose mission is to invade turf with intent to cause violence and disruption.

The true "bad guys" are the ones with a larger agenda making all this happen. There have been contrabandistas plying their trade here for decades. What is happening here now is a new phenomenon that began in just the past few years - 2008 comes to mind as a big turning point. There is a foreign influence here now that is taking this to new extremes, higher stakes than ever before.

The public is so easily mis-led and I fully expect American troops down here causing crap for everyone. My interest will be in protecting my family when that happens.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
So you arm one side, and then you come in to aid the other?

Business as usual. If the government is running guns their hands are in the drugs too. What better way to get control over all of the money?

If you believe in the NAU stuff, this could be the first stage of it's arrival(unless you count the border nonsense with the Canadians) especially if the involvement escalates.
edit on 6-10-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
There's no such thing as a free lunch. When the U.S steps in and (potentially) solves the problem, there is no doubt Mexico will have to compensate in some shape or form- what that is remains to be seen, what has Mexico got that the U.S wants?

You don't seriously believe the US is going to solve any problems in Mexico do you? The US is creating problems there and offering itself as the solution.

What does Mexico have that the US wants? When the Spaniards arrived over 500 years ago they grabbed the choice real estate on this continent. Mexico has any number of natural resources the US would love to exploit. Much nicer weather too.

edit on 6-10-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Just so you know, the Mexican military is comprised of mostly guys that don't want to be in the Army unless they are making money from drugs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join