It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Crew Beaten by Police While Covering Occupy Wall Street

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Getting caught in the middle of this would be absolutely terrifying for some. I can see that camera crews and reporters would be in the middle and so would not be far from a baton or some pepper spray but what I found interesting (on the video) is the anger of the cop with the baton. He uses it with absolutely no concern of which body part he is contacting or who is on the receiving end.

But, if you enter a war zone, you're going to have to expect a little action.

And just to state...I wasn't there so I can't say who is at fault. I am by no means a fan of police these days but if I felt threatened in a massive crowd...I can't say what I would do.

Anyway, just thought I'd post it as I haven't seen it on ATS yet.

A WNYW news crew was maced and beaten by police on Wednesday night while covering the Occupy Wall Street protests.

www.mediabistro.com...-0FR0.email

Reporter Dick Brennan and photographer Roy Isen got caught in the middle of an altercation between police officers and a group of protesters, at the end of a day spent covering the ongoing demonstrations in lower Manhattan. Brennan was struck in the stomach with a baton and Isen was hit in the eyes with pepper spray.

Video:

www.mediabistro.com...-0FR0.email

www.myfoxny.com...

Fox 5's Isen and Brennan were there and witnessed the chaos. At one point, Brennan was hit in the abdomen by a police baton and Isen got irritant in his eyes. Both journalists were all right and continued to cover the protests and arrests. Read more: www.myfoxny.com...

More videos of police interaction here:

12160.info...

edit on 6-10-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Lara Logan had it a little bit worse. If you get between 2 lions about to fight, don't complain when you get bit by one.

Edit: I'm not condoning it, just stating what happens.

edit on 6-10-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
A very good thing in a way. Maybe some news people will talk about what is happening a little more.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I suggest that the crowd will buy mace and do citizens arrests on these psychopath cops.

Seriously there was no reason to start hitting. Why can't these cops try to start a dialogue.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Starting to look like the Libyan protests! Who would've thought the streets of NYC would look like Iran or Libya so soon?

The police need to bluff and bully to maintain the upper hand, but it is a fine line, because they cannot control the populace if they cross the line too far. They are far outnumbered. They bluff and bully and order for an air of authority, because they know once they lose control, they can't get it back. They also know if they become too aggressive, they will escalate the situation and lose control anyway.

Never fear the barking dog, he is afraid. Fear the confident dog that is just observing until the time is right.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I believe that Steve Jackson the creator of the Illuminati New World Order card game has inside info. His game was distributed in the 90's and it has predicted the twin tower attacks, pentagon attack, bp oil spill, Japan quake, tsunami, nuclear accident, among many other things.

Some of the other cards:

Power to the people...kardkrazy.ecrater.com...

There is a police law and order card which I can not find right now showing police beating people.

Then I guess the protesters will turn on the police because it also shows a card with protesters beating the police... forum.prisonplanet.com...

I think they are doing all of this to create instability and bring in martial law.

If you see my previous post, the organizer of the worldwide occupy protest leads back to the United Nations... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwell

I think they are doing all of this to create instability and bring in martial law.

This would be the perfect way to do it IMO.

Problem, Reaction, Solution

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm surprised the reporter wasn't arrested. Perhaps if he had been, his, "boys will be boys" attitude when it comes to police beatings might not have been so flippant.

I've seen a lot of unprovoked and indiscriminate violence during these protests - on the part of the NYPD. It doesn't make any difference if you agree with the protester's ideology or not, this is the United States and until that pesky thing known as the First Amendment is overturned, these people have every right to say whatever they want without having to fear being beaten senseless by the very people who are sworn to protect them and their rights.

I don't know if this pattern of violence is intentional or not. Are these cops - most of those doing the beatings and sprayings are officers as denoted by their white shirts - agent provocateurs trying to instigate bloodshed? Is this the false flag some are waiting on, full-blown riots in major cities, instigated by those "in charge?" It's certainly beginning to look that way.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
I'm surprised the reporter wasn't arrested. Perhaps if he had been, his, "boys will be boys" attitude when it comes to police beatings might not have been so flippant.

I've seen a lot of unprovoked and indiscriminate violence during these protests - on the part of the NYPD. It doesn't make any difference if you agree with the protester's ideology or not, this is the United States and until that pesky thing known as the First Amendment is overturned, these people have every right to say whatever they want without having to fear being beaten senseless by the very people who are sworn to protect them and their rights.

I don't know if this pattern of violence is intentional or not. Are these cops - most of those doing the beatings and sprayings are officers as denoted by their white shirts - agent provocateurs trying to instigate bloodshed? Is this the false flag some are waiting on, full-blown riots in major cities, instigated by those "in charge?" It's certainly beginning to look that way.

The white shirt thing is certainly interesting. Never seen that before.

It does raise questions.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I wonder if we could get an egyptian mentality that the army is the people. Maybe we could get the police are the people and join the protesters

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Here is more footage of other Journalists being Hit by the NYPD.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The top moderator/manager of the other forum has just posted, but without a linky, that Obama has admitted he is behind the protestors and he posted "He just said the protests will continue unless he gets his way with congress.."

Something really odd is going on, if this is true.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
The top moderator/manager of the other forum has just posted, but without a linky, that Obama has admitted he is behind the protestors and he posted "He just said the protests will continue unless he gets his way with congress.."

If this true, it's just another case of treason by Obama.

Damn!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

there isn't a politician in this world brazen/dumb enough to say such a thing...........

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

This sounds like total crap dude, and anyway Obama would probably get his ass kicked if he even appeared at one of these protests. Hell, I hope I don't get my ass kicked this weekend!!!

This may be messed up, but it's kind of a good thing when the police beat on the media members, because they will report about the abuse and people will pay attention to what the police, OUR EMPLOYEES, are doing to us.

# the pigs. Soon a baton will be met with the kiss of a Molotov cocktail if this keeps up
edit on 6-10-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join