It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the banks dont want you to know

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul

Originally posted by Xaberz

Originally posted by Xaberz
The only ish is a lot of the members are kind of weird. Like hippie types that don't shower for some reason. Or just really weird people that give funky vibes, like they're deceitful or something. When I was at a bank I didn't really get that, it seemed like more regular people. Families that sort of stuff. But for some reason the Credit Unions attract all the weirdos. HAHA!

that tells you a lot more then you might think.. this just shows you that 'regular' people are brainwashed and materialistic. ive come to think that the bank and credit union situation is the ultimate logical proof for brainwashing and how much control they actually have over us. these people could go to a credit union, get a better deal be happy and not give one cent to some fat cat who does nothing. except they dont even know about the other options, they dont even care
that is brainwashing!

although here in australia, everyone ive seen at my branch seems perfectly normal..
i dont know if your eric cartman but whats wrong with hippies?
id perfer to be around a hippie then some tight arse in a suit

That may be. As for the Buffalonian Hippie types. I don't mind that they're a hippie. It's just when they stink really bad because they haven't bathed, and it's hard because the Credit Union is really small so you can't really stand back.

And as for the weird/deceitful looking people in the CU. I'm sure banks have their fair share, but I think the CU draws more because people think they can take more advantage of a CU since it might not have all the rules and regulations that a bank has. And it's smaller, so it might not follow up on you if you scam them as a bank might.

do you work for a bank?
because this is exactly the type of argument you would have to resort to.
if you do work for a bank you would know better then most im right, so either give me a factual response or dont reply.
i would call a 'weirdo' someone who lies to his fellow human beings for monetary gain..holding a monopoly on the control of the world and forcing millions to live in poverty which is directly responsible for countless murders, rapes and any other type of crime
banks are the sewers of the world and that stinks a lot worse then a hippie

credit unions have all the same saftey rules and regulations
they have the same insurance on your money so its safe
and being smaller would make them more likely to respond to scams..sometimes scams can go unnoticed in banks for ages because they are too big and dont put money into improving their system only their ceo's pay packet

edit on 7-10-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

Not sure what you mean. I don't work for a bank nor have I ever. I was just pointing out what I seemed to notice. What you say makes sense about them following up on them more since they are smaller and have less clientele. But what I meant was they don't really have the funds to pursue a lawsuit, which is what I think a lot of banks are doing because they can afford lawyers. From what I've heard from someone who works at a credit union, if you don't pay what you owe, the credit union has to pay it, and they just report you to collections.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
wow, the OP makes it sound like credit unions are a community service, there to help people. What it fails to mention in all the lauded language is that they charge COMPOUND interest just like regular banks. And, at interest rates that are often slightly higher. So, I ask this question: If Chase has 200 customers who have mortgages of 200k@5% compound interest and Credit Union has 200 customers who have mortgages of [email protected]% compound interest - what is the difference? Both banks take in the same amount from the loan. Both banks will foreclose if they want. Both banks pay far less interest out then they collect. Both banks limit what customers can do with their money. Both banks are subject to government oversight and will not protect against levy's liens etc. Lastly, BOTH banks print money out of thin air, with nothing to back it but the signature.

The only difference I see is where all that profit goes. Where does the Credit Union's profit on the mortgages go? It doesn't go to lower interest rates for its customers and is not shared with them, and it doesn't go for higher interest rates paid on savings accounts - where does it go?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I switched to a local credit union back in 1998, and never looked back. Couldn't be happier with all the benefits I recieved from switching.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

reply to post by UniverSoul

I agree with you that credit unions are far superior to banks, and they are safer and more secure than banks. The problem is that credit unions, like banks, get their money supply from the same place.... the FED, so we are still screwed.

i understand they get it from the fed but what we would be doing is taking the control of the fed from the banks and into the hands of the people!
we just need enough people to change to credit unions

I appreciate your sentiment, I really do, and I wish it were as easy as you make it out to be, but it isn't. The Fed will always have the power as long as they are the sole supplier of money. They have the ultimate say of how much interest rates are, among many other things. If the Fed raises interest rates, it effects credit unions just as much as it does the banks, and in turn the banks and credit unions have to raise the rates they charge their customers. Credit unions wouldn't raise their rates quite as high as a traditional bank, but they would still raise them. The main difference between the two is that the members of a credit union do indeed have more power, but that power is limited to the credit union itself. The Fed still has all of the power over the banks and credit unions, and the members/customers of both. The only way to end the madness is to end the Fed once and for all, by ANY means necessary.

look i agree with you 100%
but im trying to find a realistic way to end the madness for everyone
if you can think of a simpler universoul way to take the power away from banks please tell me.

the thing is the banks are the ones who influence the fed, but if they have no customers they cant say crap..then the credit unions would be dictating the fed a hell of a lot.
i think that this is a good way to get control of the fed because they wouldnt be talking to bankers they would be talking to us
like i said its not perfect
but its the best idea i know of to actually make a stab at changing the world
it many not solve everything but it will solve a hell of a lot

take a chance
we could protest for a million years and they would never listen
or we could pull the rug from under their feet!
fight the power man, take care

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by juniperberry
I was a member of a credit union for 15 years. 15 years of paying fees just like anywhere else. 15 years with perfect transactions, no overdrafts, no bounced cheques. Nothing. And their mutual fund offerings where minimal at best.

And, I was almost drowning in credit card debt. 50% of my pay went towards debt. Did the credit union help me out? Not a chance. They said I had too much debt.

So I went to a bank. Walked right in and they gave me a consolidation loan to cover all my outstanding debts at a MUCH lower rate. I can now pay it off in 3 years instead of 30 and I've closed all but one credit card account which I now use for online transactions and emergencies. And they have great investment offerings.

I am moving ALL of my accounts over to my new bank...

Frankly I have seen no difference between my credit union and any other bank other than that they are less helpful.

PS. I'm also in Canada where things are a little different I believe..
edit on 2011/10/6 by juniperberry because: add more information

Honestly, you were a huge risk---if you are paying 50% of income to credit card debt you are a nearly sure case for bankruptcy, and 100% loss. If you paid it without going BK, then you are a rare exception. You were a walking subprime risk .

The CU, which can't get money from wall street or funky fees or squicky deals or the Federal Reserve or anything, invests conservatively.

BTW, who were your credit cards with, the credit union or some other bank?

And yes Canadian banks are entirely different from large US banks.

And yes, i've been part of a credit union since i first got a paycheck.

edit on 7-10-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman
The only difference I see is where all that profit goes. Where does the Credit Union's profit on the mortgages go? It doesn't go to lower interest rates for its customers and is not shared with them, and it doesn't go for higher interest rates paid on savings accounts - where does it go?

a) they have less profit, since they have probably higher expenses---more branches per depositors
b) they charge fewer and lower fees
c) both the credit union and the big bank already sold the loan to Fannie Mae
d) the credit union can't borrow from the Federal Reserve at 0%, they are not too big to fail.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

using a bank is like going to a fast food store who spits in your food
when you could be going to a 4star restaurant i.e. credit union

A regular bank is a like going to a fast food chain who spits in your food.
A credit union is like going to a small ethnic hole in the wall where grandma makes a great soup and goulash-something and proprietor Mr Oskar greets everybody by name.

A private Swiss bank (not UBS, ones whose names you have never heard of) is like going to a four star restaurant. But you can't afford it.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
person 1 - I have 6 donuts.

person 2 - I have 1/2 dozen donuts.

person 1 - Lets trade.

person 2 - OK.

The illusion of progress.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

reply to post by UniverSoul

I agree with you that credit unions are far superior to banks, and they are safer and more secure than banks. The problem is that credit unions, like banks, get their money supply from the same place.... the FED, so we are still screwed.

i understand they get it from the fed but what we would be doing is taking the control of the fed from the banks and into the hands of the people!
we just need enough people to change to credit unions

I appreciate your sentiment, I really do, and I wish it were as easy as you make it out to be, but it isn't. The Fed will always have the power as long as they are the sole supplier of money. They have the ultimate say of how much interest rates are, among many other things. If the Fed raises interest rates, it effects credit unions just as much as it does the banks, and in turn the banks and credit unions have to raise the rates they charge their customers. Credit unions wouldn't raise their rates quite as high as a traditional bank, but they would still raise them. The main difference between the two is that the members of a credit union do indeed have more power, but that power is limited to the credit union itself. The Fed still has all of the power over the banks and credit unions, and the members/customers of both. The only way to end the madness is to end the Fed once and for all, by ANY means necessary.

look i agree with you 100%
but im trying to find a realistic way to end the madness for everyone
if you can think of a simpler universoul way to take the power away from banks please tell me.

the thing is the banks are the ones who influence the fed, but if they have no customers they cant say crap..then the credit unions would be dictating the fed a hell of a lot.
i think that this is a good way to get control of the fed because they wouldnt be talking to bankers they would be talking to us
like i said its not perfect
but its the best idea i know of to actually make a stab at changing the world
it many not solve everything but it will solve a hell of a lot

take a chance
we could protest for a million years and they would never listen
or we could pull the rug from under their feet!
fight the power man, take care

Right! and it's just the switch people are making from banks to CU's that send the message. The owners of the Fed would have to think of something else or some other way to exert control if that were possible.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I have been part of my credit union for a long time yet I hardly think to mention it when I hear all this bankning nonsense and complaints. Aside from everythign said, the larger your credit union the more local jobs created from it. Mine gives full time work to a good amount of people who are dedicated to their community and I appreciate seeing the same local faces when I walk in.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Just wait for Phase two.

Halting fractionation and the overnight and short loans. The B&B of banking.

The banks bread and butter is about to land face down on a dirty floor.

FB page will pop up before Halloween.

Begins Nov 10th. Teaching account manipulation to the users who couldnt move or purposely stayed at the big three to drag them into the sewer.

Nothing like kicking a bankster gangster when they are down.

So im tole....

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join