Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

What the banks dont want you to know

page: 3
75
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul
 


Its interesting how a credit union differs from a communist model. In a communist model, the workers own the business. In a credit union model, the customers own the business. Perhaps this customer-ownership model is exactly what is needed to destroy the foundation of corruption so much of the world is based on. This is a trend that should expand into other business models. Of course the model I'm talking about is commonly called a consumer co-op. These people at the protests should stop wasting their effort shouting at the heavy stone walls of Wall Street and start their own co-operatives. Hit those guys right where it counts.




posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul
 


Excellent thread S&F


People NEED to know this!


This is exactly why i left my Bank 'Wells Fargo" treated me poorly after buying my bank out in the late 90's.The policy's were absurd almost offensive. They would not allow me a small loan after the buy out and slapped me with outrageous fees. I left then I joined my local credit union by accident somewhat and have been happy ever since.

My sister works in a large bank as a Loan Officer. She told me years ago stories and things her banker Bosses would say, these are foul human beings. They really look down on the rest of us. They were very cold rude selfish self centered people apparently even looked down on her and belittled her because she was not mega rich like them even. There was always a bank buying them out new boss every year or two but had that same way about them. As if the all come from the same D!#% head mold. Perhaps this something that has to do with being born with a silver spoon in the mouth or something. I dont remember what they said exactly what she said to me i remember being surprised how evil upon her description. And she is not the type to tell me things like this i suppose she was so horrified and disgusted with these Bankers she had to say something.

Sadly she has worked her way up and has started to become like them
edit on 7-10-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Also nationally sindicated radio talk show host Clark Howard mentions that he's been a member of Credit Unions for decades and will probably maintain that until he's in the grave. The big mega banks are the debil!

Thanks Universoul. You're my hero...



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by seachange
reply to post by UniverSoul
 


Its interesting how a credit union differs from a communist model. In a communist model, the workers own the business. In a credit union model, the customers own the business. Perhaps this customer-ownership model is exactly what is needed to destroy the foundation of corruption so much of the world is based on. This is a trend that should expand into other business models. Of course the model I'm talking about is commonly called a consumer co-op. These people at the protests should stop wasting their effort shouting at the heavy stone walls of Wall Street and start their own co-operatives. Hit those guys right where it counts.

its an amazing model right, how funny is it that hardly anyone has heard of it
i believe that switching to credit unions will save the world
and implimenting its model to all aspects of life would actually be the answer to societys problems
i wish more people would listen
i wish i had a way to tell everyone

the co-operative structure is the answer.
i cant think of any social structure that would actually work this well



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
reply to post by UniverSoul
 


Excellent thread S&F


People NEED to know this!


This is exactly why i left my Bank 'Wells Fargo" treated me poorly after buying my bank out in the late 90's.The policy's were absurd almost offensive. They would not allow me a small loan after the buy out and slapped me with outrageous fees. I left then I joined my local credit union by accident somewhat and have been happy ever since.

My sister works in a large bank as a Loan Officer. She told me years ago stories and things her banker Bosses would say, these are foul human beings. They really look down on the rest of us. They were very cold rude selfish self centered people apparently even looked down on her and belittled her because she was not mega rich like them even. There was always a bank buying them out new boss every year or two but had that same way about them. As if the all come from the same D!#% head mold. Perhaps this something that has to do with being born with a silver spoon in the mouth or something. I dont remember what they said exactly what she said to me i remember being surprised how evil upon her description. And she is not the type to tell me things like this i suppose she was so horrified and disgusted with these Bankers she had to say something.

Sadly she has worked her way up and has started to become like them
edit on 7-10-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

the way banks treat its customers, you would assume there is no alternative right
why do people get treated like dogs, waist their money and make some person rich when they could get the exact same thing from a credit union
im still at a loss to explain why anyone is left in a bank..is it that we think it makes us look better? its baffeling

anyone with as much power as the bankers would look down on people, because if people are really that stupid i mean what else can you say. most bankers would understand how much of a joke and scam their system is but its lucrative so why try stop it.

i wish everyone could know they have a choice



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMatrixusesYou
Also nationally sindicated radio talk show host Clark Howard mentions that he's been a member of Credit Unions for decades and will probably maintain that until he's in the grave. The big mega banks are the debil!

Thanks Universoul. You're my hero...

no idea who that is but good on him! there is a media blackout on the alternative to banks..of course he will stay with them, why go to a bank if you know what a credit union is?
no problemo, im no hero just wish people would open their eyes..
ive been able to convince a few people so far so atleast thats a start.
tell everyone you know where possible



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul
 


I'm very pro-credit union.
Of course, even credit unions answer to the banking system in the end.
Why? Because they have to use the money the Fed allows them to use.

Control of currency is everything in this bankster ponzi pyramid.



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
reply to post by UniverSoul
 


I'm very pro-credit union.
Of course, even credit unions answer to the banking system in the end.
Why? Because they have to use the money the Fed allows them to use.

Control of currency is everything in this bankster ponzi pyramid.

banks only have their power because we choose to use them
if we stop using them and move to credit unions they loose control of the fed, they have no power behind the government..they will no longer control us
if everyone in a bank switched to a credit union tomorrow we would see a much better world



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I've been a member of a credit union for about 8 years. I chose it mostly because that was the one my father belonged to and to this day I've never had a problem. When my sister first opened a bank account she decided on Bank of America, and I remember her having problems about some of her money disappearing and what not. I'm so glad I went with a credit union.



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lonedrifter
I've been a member of a credit union for about 8 years. I chose it mostly because that was the one my father belonged to and to this day I've never had a problem. When my sister first opened a bank account she decided on Bank of America, and I remember her having problems about some of her money disappearing and what not. I'm so glad I went with a credit union.

have you ever met someone who has had something good to say about the banks?
banks have a million problems, but i wouldnt call them problems because banks are aware of them and have in fact put them in place.
there is not care for the customer, so why use them?

using a bank is like going to a fast food store who spits in your food
when you could be going to a 4star restaurant i.e. credit union

good work for joining a credit union
please tell others to join



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I've had my money in a credit union for ten years, I've kind of forgotten what it's like to get charged a fee for everything you do. I go to the credit union to get a loan and I've never been turned down. I've never looked back.



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul
 


Actually...it was in more services. 1st it was just more or less a church c.u., then as they got more popular, they began to broaden those services and took on more outside members. It was treated tho as more of a club of members. The rates were (are) always better and the service more personal. And the c.u.'s are more-so run by the people as opposed to the big-wigs in banking. They are more of a family atmosphere. Smaller and less political.



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by alonzo730
 


its pointless to set fees in the finance industry..credit unions realise this
banks do it because they are selling a product not a serivce
and a service is what it should be and what you will find at a credit union
please spread the word to those you know and help take back control of our world from the banks
edit on 7-10-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazloFarnsworth
reply to post by UniverSoul
 


Actually...it was in more services. 1st it was just more or less a church c.u., then as they got more popular, they began to broaden those services and took on more outside members. It was treated tho as more of a club of members. The rates were (are) always better and the service more personal. And the c.u.'s are more-so run by the people as opposed to the big-wigs in banking. They are more of a family atmosphere. Smaller and less political.

today they are avaliable to pretty much everyone, which shows how much demand there is for them.
imainge how good the rate would be if we had all the bank members join credit unions.
we could give the people the power our banks hold and give a great chance at fixing many world problems like poverty.
definetley a family/community atmosphere, they treat you like a person
where as banks treat you like a slave because most dont know there is an alternative



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
The bank I know of,uses the members money to do projects on the community. I would rather see that than another thrift store.



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by gossipnancy
The bank I know of,uses the members money to do projects on the community. I would rather see that than another thrift store.

most credit unions actually make projects in the community a pinacle part of their opperations. and they dont do it for publicity like the banks do.. and remember at the moment banks are bigger and have more money to spend (even tho they dont do much for the community) imagine if we can get everyone into credit unions..the posibilitys of helping others is endless
would you rather see a ceo and some big bankers get rich off your stupidity?
you have a choice.



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
what a great and timely thread.

i have been thinking for some time that we need to see our governments and banks for the corporations that they are and vote with our wallets (and consent) the same way we would any other corporation that we do not wish to have dealings with.

i have been following a UK guy called Roger Hayes who has started 'lawful rebellion' and is causing quite a stir in the UK courts, (this is the guy who arrested a judge).

in a recent video he starts by giving an update on the lawful rebellion movement, then goes on to give information on a new project called the lawful bank, which will essentially be a credit union set-up, but will utilise the fractional banking reserve paradigm.

very interesting stuff, and some positive ideas to move us away from the greed of collectivism.



british constitution group

lawful bank



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Dont mean to burst the bubble, but Credit Unions dont work either!

In Ireland there have been credit unions for years, however the government there have just announced that they too need a bailout!

What we really need is fairness, where everyone shares the worlds wealth.




THE state will pump up to €1 billion into the credit union sector to plug a financial black hole and save a number of credit unions from collapse.


Read more: www.irishexaminer.com...



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluloa
Dont mean to burst the bubble, but Credit Unions dont work either!

In Ireland there have been credit unions for years, however the government there have just announced that they too need a bailout!

What we really need is fairness, where everyone shares the worlds wealth.




THE state will pump up to €1 billion into the credit union sector to plug a financial black hole and save a number of credit unions from collapse.

Read more: www.irishexaminer.com...

in most countries they do work fine and are much better then banks
obviously i dont know what its like over in ireland but its likely not many people are in the credit unions.
credit unions are fair and are designed to share the wealth..but need more people to reach their full potential

if everyone in a bank left and joined credit unions these things would not happen (even tho they really dont happen much, and still less then banks)



posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul
 

I'm a member of a pretty good credit union. I'm also a customer of a couple pretty awesome banks. I think my local bank is my favorite of the three. It's very conveniently located, the staff is friendly and industrious, it offers much better savings rates, and I don't think they've ever charged me a fee. The credit union is a solid runner-up, and I keep a small checking account there, but they don't offer the personalized service and good interest rate I get from my bank. From my experience, "the banks" are not a homogenous bloc, and if you write them all off because of the the actions of some, you can miss out on a lot.





new topics

top topics



 
75
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join